Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:45 am Reply with quote        
It must've been a while ago now that I first came across the infamous Six Word Story, allegedly written by Ernest Hemingway (Snopes article on this). This is an interesting story, so many interpretations, and its TVTropes.org page has more tropes than words. Yes, really. For those who have yet to come across it, here is the story in its entirety:
Quote:
For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn.

Now, the most common interpretation seems to be that the kid died before it could wear the shoes. Another interpretation I've come across is that the parents prepared before trying to concieve, then found that they couldn't actually have a baby, they're incapable.

But, in a stunning display of Fridge Logic, and the first time I had such a thought while raiding a fridge (getting milk out for tea), I had another interpretation, far more optimistic and happy than the others. Maybe, just maybe, the baby was concieved, born, and is perfectly fine. The child's parents prepared, but when it came to the time for the kid to actually wear the shoes, the kid's feet were too big. The shoes simply don't fit, so the only course of action is to buy bigger ones and try and sell the ones that won't fit. How's that?

Thoughts on my interpretation? Do you have a favourite interpretation? Or can you come up with one yourself?

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...