Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
fickle

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote        
it's going to be called captain sog. the ingredients will be as follows:

sugar, fructose, corn syrup, glucose, dextrose, glucose, palm sugar, rice flower, dried apple pieces, natural flavor, cinnamon, ascorbic acid

the idea is that the whole cereal will be like what you find at the bottom of a cereal bag, that powder that gets all soggy if we eat it and it's all sweet. idk about you, but i really like that part lol. i dont eat cereal often, the ones i like are 9 dollars for a bag, i feel like im being jipped for wanting better cereal. anyways, this isnt like that cereal at all, this is like the normal ones expect soggy as hell! this is probably the best idea i've had all year.

also, visit my walnut crushing lounge! link in my siggy. i know you want to.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:07 am Reply with quote        
Ugh, the mix at the bottom of the bag is the worst, though!

Unless we add dried strawberries. Yes yes. :3

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote        
That... doesn't sound extremely appetizing to me, haha. I like my cereal to be more crunchy. But to each their own! xD

And damn, nine dollars for a bag of cereal? I won't pay more than four dollars for a bag. Now I feel really cheap. :P

Peril is also Zillah.
fickle

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote        
saygen40, strawberries! i wonder how much dried strawberries retail for up here. my mouth is watering. i think i should hold off on the cereal for some time though. so much money. i've put thawed frozen raspberries. i like that powder best when it's mixed with my milk and mostly cereal. i dont think i'd like it on its own Dx

peril, i know right, sounds gross. i forgot why we came up with it lol.

i wish i could find something for 4 dollars. i'm cheap too, i feel jipped every time. i think the prices are jacked up because the distributors have to pay for the organic and gluten free certifications, and theyre marketing to health nuts. a bag of pink salt at a bodega is cheap, less than two dollars, compared to 7 dollars at a health food store. i saw a 16oz bag of aloe vera gel for a dollar at the asian section at our grocery store, i dont know how much it would be at a health food store but i assume it'll cost a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote        
$9 cereal? o-o Is it that good? I usually go for a $4
box of Cheerios or Krave and I'm satisfied.

Also, soggy cereal. Ick. But everyone has their
preferences, I guess.

Peril

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote        
Hmmm yeah, I'm vegan so I find myself dealing with that a lot as well. But I try not to buy the specially-labeled stuff when I can avoid it. A lot of stuff is good for you without having to be specially-labelled as such. I prefer healthy cereals too. My cereal of choice these days is Raisin Bran, of which I can get a sizable box for 2.50 at Walmart. :P

Gluten-free cereals are harder to find than vegan cereals though... But I know Rice Chex is gluten-free, and it's certainly under 4 dollars a box!

Peril is also Zillah.