Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 am Reply with quote        
We've released the new splash page for V3's development: http://midorea.com (you need to be logged out to see the full version)

We will also be moving away from the 'V3' name to something a little clearer. Relaunch, revamp, redo, etc. which sums up our goals a lot better.

We also have an instagram you can follow: https://instagram.com/midoreadev/

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote        
Absolutely gorgeous! I'm so excited! Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote        
Love it.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote        
We're still in need of a programmer. We're looking for those with experience with web development and web languages, but we're also open to different formats and those with experience using game development software.

Email me if you're interested! We already have the art and writing aspect of the game covered. Email: catghost@midorea.com

Some WIPs that haven't been shared anywhere else: Wink

Lilykin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote        
Those clothes look great Cat! Oh Mai

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quote        

Short gif showing off some of Midorea's early stages of development. We now have a rough prototype, and it works. Next comes the hard part as we starting building up the rest of the game!

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote        
I've updated the thread with a better outline of what we have planned out for Midorea.

For those who haven't been following our progress over the last couple of months, or have and aren't sure what the change is about, we've recently shifted focus to a smaller project, a prequel to the main storyline that will be an adventure style game. We still have our long-term goals of providing an immersive RPG experience, but we wanted to provide a fully functioning game upfront, and use it to sort of show off what we can do.

From now on, I'll be sharing updates and progress reports on the prequel in this thread.

Our current mindmap for the project. Mind maps are a more dynamic way to develop a sort of roadmap for the game, but the purpose is to highlight what we want to do in a visual format, instead of restricting ourselves to rigid goals deadlines.

Since we're building a narrative driven game, there's going to be an array of options for you to choose when interacting with the different NPCs, which will have a defined set of outcomes for each one, much like conversing in real life. If you've ever played games like Dragon Age or Telltale's, you'll be familiar with how this works. To sort of show what this looks like laid out, here's a zoomed out view of part of our dialogue:

It can be a little scary looking at first, but each of these boxes represents a dialogue choice that branches out to different responses, resulting in different reactions between NPC and player. This is only for the intro of the prequel, to give you an idea of the scope of this dialogue system.

The next step after we've sketched out all of this dialogue and progression in Twine is to transfer it into the game. We're using Unity, which makes the process straightforward but extremely tedious. I'll eventually post more screenshots and GIFs of our progress as we develop more of the in-game dialogue.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:57 am Reply with quote        
Do we have a timeline for the updates?

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote        
We're not working with a timeline, and probably won't, at least for the first release. We have a set of goals that we're working towards but we're trying to keep things open, basically. I'm pretty confident we'll have the first release out within a a few months, though.

Otherwise I'll have a more comprehensive update prepared in the coming weeks. A lot has happened and we went on an unexpected hiatus, but we're back to steamrolling the project and we've made a lot of progress in just the last two weeks.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote        
Awesome. Thank you for the reply.
(I work in software engineering with the gov't, so timelines seem like "the thing", so I asked.)

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, we get some weird looks when we say it sometimes but it's definitely been the best for us.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote        
Somewhat informal concept art update:

We've got a bunch of stuff in the pipeline which I'll share in a more formal update soon!

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
Yay! Happy The first image with the water temple is awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
Omg so pretty the water temple makes me think of Steven Universe somewhat.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:35 am Reply with quote        
Cool looking figures. Keep up the solid work