Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
fickle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
i like the direction youre taking the avatars, Bouncy Heart muscles. i feel like the knees can be smaller on the female, and maybe the neck too? i'm just imagining the two you posted silhouetted and the female looks like she could have been male with a corset on (really wish i could find a better way to describe it lol). anyways, thats why i think the smaller knees and neck would be better cos males are usually larger around these areas.

heres a reference https://www.instagram.com/jessi_vegan/

Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote        
If we ever come back to avatars in any sequels, they will be redone completely, and hopefully by then we'll be able to offer a wider variety of body types. Thanks for the feedback.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote        
(big update ahead + IMAGE HEAVY)

I didn't intend on taking such a long break from updating, but here we are, and there's nothing more to do than to accept it and move on. Quite a lot has happened since the last post, but nothing specifically bad or good, just the usual things you'd expect from life. (and life after college)

Our writer has moved across the world, another team member is currently finishing their last year of college, and I'm a post-grad trying to figure out where to go next. I'll keep things short and focus on the game itself, but basically we haven't stopped working on Midorea, we've just been trying a different approach. (which isn't as fun to talk about) Since Midorea will rely more on the story and visuals than the gameplay mechanics, we've chosen to make world building and visual development our priority. Once we reach a point where we're comfortable with the amount of world and story we've built up, we'll move on to finishing the game. We've pretty much arrived at that point now, and once we wrap up a few ends we'll move on to focusing more on development.

but talk is easy, so I'll just share what we've done!

No, the game isn't going to be B/W - I wanted to throw in that last character concept to show that we haven't forgot about colors. Smile That's everything we have for now but I'll continue to update this devlog as we move forward.

bonus sketch dump:

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote        
Looks like some of the images on the first few pages were broken, that should be fixed now. Smile

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:09 am Reply with quote        
Pretty major update this week. We have some in-game footage to share and a few NPC designs. (we did a lot of writing too, but that's harder to show)

Intro mockup and in-game footage teaser. Some assets are placeholder.

Naquirfan NPCs

We are extremely interested in what exactly our NPCs wear, and when it comes to their designs, we put a lot of effort in conveying story detail and personality through them. The Naquirfan Clergy who live in the city are great examples of this: They are not natives to the area, so their clothing marks them as outsiders. They wear dark reds and purples and blues, even in a city that is known for its heat, covering themselves head to foot in detail-rich outfits that signify their rank in the Naquirfan clergy, but the meaning is foreign to anyone not familiar with their customs.

You may also be wondering: Why are they all men? Very simply, the Naquirfan culture is a matriarchy built on their religious doctrine. Only low ranked religious offices can be achieved by men of Naquirfa, with most forced into missionary work outside of their homeland, usually indefinitely.

Lady_Sairi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote        
I just started an account with Midorea today after learning the several other projects I was following, including Endless Realm, have been canceled. I have been looking for alternatives after having been a dedicated user of Gaia Online since launch and, like many former Gaia users, becoming absolutely disgusted by the direction they are going in. When I signed up for Midorea I was surprised and delighted to see the rpg system that you have implemented, but even more delighted to find this thread and see all the amazing work you're doing on the V3 development. As a fan of games like Black Desert Online and Guild Wars 2, I had previously decided that browser-based games just couldn't keep up with my interests and expectations, but after seeing the updates you've been posting about all of the effort that's going in to world-building, especially the focus on personal story and the extensive conversation trees, I think I may stand corrected. I wish you all the best in moving forward with this beautiful project and will look forward to future updates.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote        
Thanks for checking us out!

I definitely feel like avatar sites in general are fading away pretty quickly, unless you're a beheamoth like Gaia, or fairly diverse outside of the avatar-forums.

Hopefully we can create something unique that will exceed the expectations of our followers. Smile

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote        
Ish, I haven't been around here for way too long... but I just wanted to say I'm super impressed by all the work you've done, and I can't wait to see more!

Weeeee