Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:53 am Reply with quote        
Tay finished bandaging up the elf's eye and gave him a brief smile. "You're all set, elfie." She patted his shoulder with a heavy hand and went over to Nami, helping set up the second tent.

"How are you doing? All patched up?" she asked, sort of just making small talk as she secured one of the poles in place.
Dantes23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote        
Seeing that Ava had moved, Skaeth decided to check on the naga. They moved themselves over toward her and felt sympathy pain.

"You doing alright?" Then they looked to the troll, "Maybe not so rough..."
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote        
"Thanks for the help, I'll keep that in mind next time." Ava said to the major avoiding eye contact and "gore" contact. She crawled into the newly put up tent and looked around. Very small. She wasn't looking forward to cramming in there with a bunch of strangers.

"So who is going to sleep in which tent?" she asked poking her head out of the tent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
"I've been better but for now I m all patched up it would seem." Nami said to Tay who had thankfully come over to help her with the tent she was haphazardly putting together. She really did suck at putting up tents.

Kinslayer6788

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
After Kruth'al patched up nami, and noticed everyone going about everything pretty well. He walked over toward the entrance, and said "You guys sleep," as he sat down near the entrance looking out toward the much larger tunnel, "I am taking first watch. I really shouldn't sleep with such a bad consussion."
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote        
"I really don't care who sleeps where," Morinth told Price, "You can work that out for yourselves." She stood up and walked back her bag, which she'd dropped on the cave floor.

"Neither of those things are true," she told Grandoul, "First, because we've still got an hour at least before any of us should be asleep. Second, because I don't trust someone concussed to keep a sharp eye out. Especially when the eye doesn't know what to look for. So, everyone, get over here. Tonight, you all need to learn how to kill dwarves." Morinth waited until the group wandered closer.

"Now, I understand that you aren't in the best condition to learn this," she began, "But it's better this than dying. That group we ran into was a scouting party; they were looking for something. Normal groups are larger, and unarmed. These guys were looking for a fight, and...weirdly close to the surface. That means we'll probably meet more. And I don't intend on letting you lot get anywhere near them without having some inkling as to how not to get killed." Morinth pulled the dagger from her belt, then awkwardly reached across her body to pull the taser from her right hip.

"Any questions before I start, or are you ready?"

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote        
Ava wandered out of the tent and sat down in front of the Major. They had to fight more of those things?! The first encounter was bad enough... she didn't want to continue along with this.

"Alright, sooo.. I'm ready I guess." she said and looked around to see if everyone else was ready.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote        
Skaeth bent down to the girl child and nodded. "I am an elemental, you're obviously not, I can teach you the basics of magic, but I cannot teach you your specific magic. However we can work on it if you like. I actually used to be good." They raised their eyebrow and smirked a bit.

They then turned to the major. "How can I help? I'm pretty useless."
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote        
Relgan couldn't take it. He learned from his own short experience to stick them with the pointy end, and to watch out for exploding shit. His adrenaline rush had finally worn off, and his whole body was in pain. He could barely stand from the loss of blood that had only now just clotted and stopped flowing.

"Yeah. Do you mind if I sit it out and just watch?"

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote        
Tay grabbed the elf's shoulder as he swayed a little. "Whoa, easy there, fancy pants," she said, guiding him closer to the rocky wall in case he needed some support.

She herself sank down and leaned her back against the wall, kind of in a half-standing, half-crouched position, leaning her elbows on her knees as she turned her attention towards the Major. "Ready when everyone else is." She was so ready to kill some of those bastards. Mean little things...
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote        
"Don't worry, O'Toole," the major said, "We aren't drilling anything. I don't have the energy, and it wouldn't do enough of a difference to be worth it. No, we're just talking. Right then, you lot. Main thing to remember about dwarves is that they're slow and predictable, but always stronger and heavier than you can compete with. I've seen a ghoul arm wrestle a dwarf, and lose. Badly. Don't ever let them grab you, or you'll lose a..." Morinth glanced down at her wrist. "...limb. If they get you in a bear hug, you're dead. No two ways about it. You get punched, something is broken. If one charges, it'll steamroll you. You get out of a dwarf's way; you never try to move it."

These are gonna be your best weapons against a dwarf." Morinth held up the dagger and taser, awkwardly clutched in one hand. "The way that their skin is armored, cutting doesn't work, but stabbing does. Hammers are good for stunning, but don' do much actual damage. Here, Grandoul." The naga tossed the taser at the troll's feet. "My gun hand's a little nonfunctional at the moment. Tasers are the only thing that can freeze a dwarf when it wants to keep moving. Only for a moment, but that might be enough. Things that kill it? Stabs to the gut will, but it'll keep moving for a good five minutes after being completely eviscerated. Heart and lungs are protected by ribs, so don't bother going for the chests. Skull is near impenetrable from the front (they spend a lot of time headbutting each other) but there's a chink right here." Morinth raised her hand to show, but too late realized that she raised her right. The one that was missing. Slowly, she lowered the arm, her jaw tight.

"Right here," Morinth repeated, tapping the back of her skull with her left hand, right where the neck meets the head. "It'll take some force, but a dagger, sword, even crossbow bolt will drop it immediately. An arrow...might do the same, but it'd be really tricky, and probably not worth the hassle." Morinth leaned over and took the belt of grenades from Manor, and held it out in front of Skaeth.

"This is what you can do," she said to the ghost, "The grenades are made by them, to tear through stone. Their armor is made of stone. They're meant to detonate when you pull the pin, but also go when crushed, which is why the whole belt went off when the dwarf fell on it. You take one, you get it close to a dwarf, preferraby one that isn't wearing a belt or is near one of us, and you break it. Understood? One of us'll be carrying it until it runs out, and if my guess is correct, we'll meet more before that happens." Gingerly, Morinth put the belt down on her bag.

Here's the thing. That trio was a classic advance scout party, gunning for the surface. There's gonna be more, and they're going to be armed. Why? I don't know. We might find out, we might not. Point is, keep your eyes and ears open. Manor, Price, I expect you to join in next time there's trouble. Otherwise we're dead. If either of you want to practice fighting, let me know. If it's long range, feel free to set up a target."

"Right then, any other questions?"

Dantes23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote        
Skaeth only nodded and smiled, glad to finally be of use to someone
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:43 am Reply with quote        
Ava listened carefully to all of the Major's instructions. If she was going to be helpful she was going to have to learn how to wield the knife she was given. It seemed liked too much of a long shot to learn how to use a bow in 20 minutes and be able to hit precise targets.

"Well.. if someone could help me learn to use this knife," she said pulling the dagger out of her front pocket, "That'd be nice."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
Kruth'al caught the taser the major threw at him. Thanking his stars he had atleast one thing he could maybe use to save his life. Shaking his head, he stood up feeling alittle better from just relaxing. He was hurt, but not as bad as he could have been.

He wished he could help Ava with the knife, but it was like nothing in the palm of his hand, so he figured he could leave that up to one of the other mages. One of them had to be atleast decent with a knife. Hopefully.

Kruth'al thought about what had happened today, wondered for the first time if master Traxel was alive or okay. So he gathered his courage, turned toward the Major, and asked what he had been meaning to ask since he got arrested.

"Major, you have our files, or have read them, I presume. May I ask, if you dont mind answering me, what we all got arrested for."

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote        
"No questions, Major." Relgan leaned against the cave wall. "I just hope you don't mind me going completely unconcious for a while, because there's no way you're going to be able to stop me." He closed his eyes. At the moment, Relgan was still awake, and merely resting his eyes... err... eye, but he knew that state would not last for long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next