Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not sure how to write this. I've been inactive in the community lately, and even inactive on staff within the past month or so. I'd rather not go into all of the details, so I hope it's enough to say that I'm putting most of my energy into fighting my depression. You may be able to get some details on it from Tumblr. (I'm ewitsChu there.)

I have very little energy to spare these days, and what little I have usually goes to school. I'm still fighting to keep my head above water, and although I feel awful for not fulfilling my obligations here, I have to recognize my own limits. I'll try to do what I can, when I can, but for the time being, please don't expect to see a lot of me. The work that I put into Mido will mostly be in the background, so I hope that you all will trust that I'm doing my best with what I have.

But, another reason that I'm posting this is that I hate disappointing people. No, I'm not really looking for approval or understanding here... I do have the hope that I'll get my life back, so to speak, and be able to do as much for Mido as I want. But, if my absence causes too much of a problem among staff, then I won't be upset if I'm removed. I recognize how frustrating it is to have inactive staff members. I do want to ask for everyone's patience while I try to bounce back, but at the same time, I'll understand if I'm removed from staff if I've been gone for too long.

If you all have any concerns with whether I'm really trying my best here, you can message me or post here. If anyone thinks that I should be removed from staff, regardless, feel free to voice that too.

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:17 am Reply with quote        
I think the problem is that you were cursed to be a creative person. Being creative sounds good but creative people tend to ride the waves of emotion more intensely than the average Joe .. or would it be the average Jane in this case? I suspect that is a common problem for many people on this website. You get an artistic spurt, throw yourself into it, and get lost in it. Then either the spurt runs dry or something triggers an emotional down slip and you fall into the clutches of depression until something shocks or shakes you out of it again. Then the roller coaster starts all over again.

I apologies. This probably isn't sounding like a pep talk but I still think you are good for the staff simply because when you are riding the artistic spurt, you come up with some really good stuff.
Siyue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote        
Chu,

I don't know you that well (at all, really xD) and I might never get to know you personally. But what I do know is that everyone has their problems, their situations, their issues and the one important thing is real life always comes first. (Yes, all of that was necessary |D)

Seriously though, I don't think any of us will blame you for needing some time to focus on other things. I know what it's like to barely have energy, to barely even be able to lift your head. So, at least from me, you won't be hearing any sort of complaints. Just do your best to get through what you're going through, that's all I can ask.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
In addition to what Strix and Siyue said, go find what makes you happy first. If that means unloading your plate a little and taking up yoga or something, do it. College is extremely stressful without trying to work on a developing website and whatever family/friend/people issues that might have come your way.

I do not want to see you removed as a Moderator. You're like Spock and just temporarily need to vacate from the bridge for awhile because your planet exploded. The rest of us flaky red-shirts can hold down the bridge until you come back.

I hope everything works out okay for you. Don't stress about future things too much, because unforeseen variables appear and can mess up what you thought would happen. You're smart, though. You'll figure it out. Just hang on to your thoughts and your grades.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote        
Saygen40 wrote:

I do not want to see you removed as a Moderator. You're like Spock and just temporarily need to vacate from the bridge for awhile because your planet exploded. The rest of us flaky red-shirts can hold down the bridge until you come back.

Pon Farr!
Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote        
Strix Varia wrote:
Saygen40 wrote:

Pon Farr!

Had to Look-Up.

Conclusion: Chu has to mate or she'll die? O.o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote        
Awww Chu... you are incredibly sweet, and you worry too much! Take care of one thing at a time. Mido will be here when you return. We will miss you, but we won't ever blame you for putting your real life obligations first. I wish you the best of luck!

Also, I don't suggest mating to solve your stress problem. Somehow that seems like it will only create new problems. xD

Peril is also Zillah.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote        
It's official, Chu is now at least part-Vulcan. If only for the hilarity that will cause.

I'm mostly mildly annoyed at Chu's Auction House becoming temporarily closed due to it's auctioneer leaving for a bit, but I SUPPOSE I can survive, just a bit.

RL always comes first, there are commitments that must be otherwise kept so don't worry about us. We'll survive. Hopefully. Depends on how long I can go without commiting homocide, really.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote        
You're all very sweet. Thank you for being so understanding with this.

Life is still giving me shit, but in different ways. I'm getting my mental health back on track, but there are external things that are kinda kicking my butt at the moment, so I feel like I'm still at risk of falling back into my depression. But, despite that, I'm trying to remain positive. I have about three weeks left of classes, and then I want to put my focus back into Mido.

Now, I'll admit, I'll be doing that in part because I can't stand the thought of not having something to fill my days. (I can't afford to take summer classes.) But, Midorea is important to me, regardless of my mental health. I've missed everyone. I've missed doing work for the site (and v3) and lately, I've been drawn back to it. So, I'm going to try to take things slow and not overwhelm myself like I've done before.

tl;dr I'll be making a semi-return, but it will probably be mostly in behind-the-scenes stuff, as I'm still struggling with some things. But, I'll be around, working, so if anyone wants to drop me a message, feel free to. Thank you all again for your support. I love you guys, and I've missed you a lot. I really can't wait to get back on working for you all.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 am Reply with quote        
We're here to support you with whatever, Chu.

You have to do what you need to do though, but just know that Midorea will always be there for you to fall back on, and that it's filled with people who care about you.
I hope things start to get better for you in the coming weeks as well. Good luck with the last weeks of your classes too. Smile

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote        
Sorry that I didn't reply to this sooner; I've been gone and mostly inactive for some time here too. I just want you to know, that I'm hoping everything gets better for you and also wishing you luck with the rest of your classes. I'm currently finishing up my classes for this semester as well, and I'll be taking a few online classes this summer, plus I'm trying to find a job, and get things with my mental health worked out too. To that end, I've started on new medication and it's working pretty well thus far when combined with my other. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make (in a roundabout way) is that though our situations are different, I sympathize with you and truly wish you all the best. If you ever feel like you need someone to talk to, I'm not hard to find usually. (Note: It's not like I expect that you'll bear your soul to me, or anything...I can just be a welcome and goofy distraction if ever you need one. xD; )