Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Entrance
Post new topic   Reply to topic New here and I just got wrecked by a butterfly :^(
Basie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote        
Hi everybody :^) I just started and this site looks cool, I like how all the avatars look

Any tips on battling? I got my butt kicked by a butterfly, I need to get my revenge >:^)
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 pm Reply with quote        
Hi, Basie! Have some welcome cake! Pray it doesn't kill you harder than the butterfly did. :P

Post around a lot to earn enough for a weapon from Uro's shop, you'll be incapable of killing anything without one, believe me! After that, buy a repair hammer and some healing apples to fix your weapon when you can't use it anymore and apples to heal you cheaper than the Temple. This will save you money in the long run, definately worth it when battling at this low a level. If you use the Temple for health and keep buying new weapons each time they become unusable, you'll be losing silver just to battle and will have to post a LOT more...which newbies don't tend to do because it takes time to integrate into a new community, regardless of how friendly said community is. And we're definately one of the friendliest!

Be sure to post around a lot. Games help for copper, which can be converted to silver. If you like games that involve deductions, a little luck, and a lot of paranoia, feel free to keep an eye on the game called Werewolves!, currently in it's third iteration. We've only got one wolf left so game IV should be starting fairly soon if you want to play.

Otherwise, post around a lot, and I hope to see you elsewhere!

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote        
Howdy and welcome in!

Basie wrote:
Hi everybody :^)
Any tips on battling? I got my butt kicked by a butterfly, I need to get my revenge >:^)

Hmm. I hate to say it but your starting stats are pretty low. You might want to seriously consider deleting and rerolling a new character. You can use the same name and avatar. You can reroll your stats until you get something decent. I would recommend rolling until you get at least 3 stats over 15.

Second, you will definitely need to buy armor. The best standard armor is the metal breastplate, metal helm, and metal shield. As KathiraNarae said, you will also want a weapon. If your dexterity is 8 or higher, the sickle is a good beginner weapon. And she is also right that buying repair hammers will save you a LOT of silver. It is kind of hard at first and you might fail your forge skill a lot starting out but your skill increases for free after you have used it enough. And the higher the forge skill gets, the better and more often you can repair your armor and weapons with each attempt.

And of course posting is always good Cool
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote        
As Kathira said, the first thing you should do is avoid her welcome cake- or at least eat it with great caution. I don't know if anyone watches what she puts in that. But mine's usually pretty safe. Though I'm not making any right now since I'm sick. Don't want you to catch any viruses because of my body bug~

As others have already said...Posting is a good start. And if you want, I can send you a weapon to start with for now since I have a whole ton of roses from the weapons shop I worked on to give away for my charity. It won't do as much as you might like most likely, but it should help a bit! But seriously, never fight with your bare hands. And if you see your HP running low, don't be afraid to flee so that you can skip the revival fee- though you'd still need to renew your energy huh...

Basie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
Sorry I haven't been back to reply, but thank you for all your responses : D

I'm sure with your tips, and some delicious (but equally suspicious) welcome cake, I'll be able to defeat all the butterflies.
Peril

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote        
Welcome to Midorea! If you have any questions, feel free to ask someone, we are all pretty helpful and very kind. Smile Also, please ignore Kathira and June, they are really goofy. Roll Eyes

At the start battling might be costing you money, but as you level up it becomes very cost-effective. I sent you some silver to get started, hopefully it will last you a while. Smile

Peril is also Zillah.
Basie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you! This community really is friendly :^D

Also I have a question, I know on some forums it's not okay to 'necro' old threads, but I'm seeing a lot that are on the front pages although they're from like July 2013. Is it alright if I bring it into 2014? Or is that totally not cool :X
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote        
So long as it's constructive to the thread, I don't think necromancy is too frowned on here. We're a small community with not THAT many different threads, so...

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Peril

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:36 pm Reply with quote        
Yup, Kath's right, we have zero rules in regards to necroing old threads. Just use your judgment and don't spam, 'cause spamming is what's not cool.

Peril is also Zillah.