Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kunamii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
Hello everyone.

I am Kunamii, and I have a confession to make... I'm a crochet addict!

I'm still new to things crochet, but when the mood allows me. I will sit down(when mummy duties are all done) half asleep and determined to finish projects(always seem to start more than I finish! lol)

I have made a scarf using hdc, a couple of dresses using shell stitch and scallops, some hats in hdc, and currently making a zigzag granny blanket.

Do you have any projects on the go? Unfinished or not.
I would love to hear from you :-)
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, your projects sound really impressive! Do you get your patterns from somewhere, or do you make them yourself?

Kunamii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote        
For now i've been finding the patterns online. They're really easy after you have learned the basic stitches.

The dress took me two attempts because I used toddler size at first but it didnt fit, so i used the next size gauge for my second attempt and thank goodness it was perfect.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, I can only imagine the frustrating of doing a whole dress and then realizing it didn't fit. x_X You must be pretty patient.

Kunamii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote        
Erm yes.. haha.. best thing about crochet unlike knitting is that you can pull your stitches out easily to rectify mistakes if you notice them soon enough.

I had previously tried attempting a pattern for another dress before this which was labelled beginner/intermediate but had to give up.. was way too confusing for a newbie :S
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 pm Reply with quote        
Mhmm. But I'm so dense that I rarely notice before it's too late. XD

You still consider yourself a newbie? o.o Wow. Or are you just referencing when you tried the pattern, and not now?

Anywho, I need to get going for a bit. It was nice chatting though. I'll see you around~

Kunamii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote        
I still regard myself to be a newbie.. until i'm doing patterns that involve knots and stuff.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote        
Wee, more people crocheting things! Weeeee
I'd like to see pictures of your work, if you have any.

The last project I did was this throw for my parents' Xmas gift. Took a long time, but the result is really nice. I've also done a few hats, scarves, plushies and similar things, teapot cozies, etc.

I'm taking a small break now and resting my arm, but I'm in the process of trying to incorporate some crochet things into my art/school projects, so we'll see how that goes.

Kunamii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:10 am Reply with quote        
Oh hello Maeve! I totally adore it. I just need to find new inspiration.. I was thinking tea mats and such as well.
That throw is amazing, though i'm not sure i'll have such patience with the colour changes and all that weaving in lol.
It gives you major cramps in your hand doesn't it?!

My next project I think will be a rug for my living room once we decorate it, and maybe some bags for summer, i've even seen a loose tunic i'd love to make soon aswell Here
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, I just need to get some inspiration for "useful" things, 'cause right now a lot of the things I made are just gathering dust, which gets annoying. I think I'll try to make another teapot cozy this afternoon, since I have some free time and it's relatively easy.

Yeah, I was sorta afraid by how huge the throw was becoming at some point (I dunno, I didn't really checked the dimensions before I started... Duh), but it turned out to be just a good size for that kind of project. And now my hand/wrist/elbow/shoulder are a bit sore, but I guess that's also caused by all the holiday baking I did. Neutral

I've always been curious about bags, but never made any, mostly because I already have plenty of other bags laying around. I'll probably try to make one later this year, I just need to find a good pattern first.
And that tunic is really interesting, love the pattern. I'd like to try my hand at making some clothes too when I get some spare time, maybe a sweater or cardigan. I've always love knit/crochet sweaters...

Sharm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:34 am Reply with quote        
I'm a big fan of crochet too! I just did a bunch of snowballs for my nieces and nephews for Christmas (it was a big hit) and I'm currently in the process of making a sweater. I make patterns up too, I have a few on my blog. My biggest project was probably the afghan for my bed, it's queen sized.
Kunamii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve - bag pattern ive seen uses granny squares Smile looks relatively easy may be brill for like a beach bag.

Sharm - Hello! Haha bet that took forever to do. We need a new bed will be upgrading to a kingsize so im curious as to what I may think up for that Smile
Sharm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, it took a while but it wasn't too bad. It was a pretty simple pattern so I could do it while watching shows. It was totally worth it though, it's easily the prettiest thing in my room.
Ogreina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote        
I crochet, too, though it's mostly amigurumi. I crocheted Sailor Jupiter recently, using my own pattern. Before that, I mostly crocheted Pokemon and other cute things. I need to find a good pattern for fingerless gloves--I'm really itching to make some! Happy
Sharm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote        
Ravelry is a good place for that.