Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote        
Hi! I'll be starting a YouTube series in the next few months. You can hear details about it in the video here.

Here, you can discuss the series, or make comments about the videos if you don't have a YouTube account.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote        
Cool idea! Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote        
Video is live!

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote        
I think it is an excellent idea. You have the beginnings of a good speaking voice and the game material has promise for both advertising and background clarification. I do think that if you are going to use YouTube to talk about Midorea, you should also make the experience work for you. Play around with makeups and speaking styles. See how they look in video. For example, I think it would be great if you could read some of the back story in a dignified British style. You don't need the accent but practice reading in a refined voice. Although your regular voice is still perfect for just talking about Midorea in general!

And there are many how-to makeup videos on you tube showing you how to look like anything from an elf or anime cartoon character to a Klingon. Playing around with make up and speaking styles helps build confidence and makes the videos more interesting to people who just randomly come across it. You can play around with cloths also. Try a goth look then maybe a party dress. Most people are often surprised on what looks good on them.

Also you have a nice advertising space behind you for little 'show-offy' things. Have fun and change it up a bit between videos. place different favorite nik-naks on the television behind you between shows. Switch out posters on the closet door. Make your space work for you Wink
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not planning on showing my face much in the videos, haha. I just wanted to introduce my face and my room because there might be some spots where they do show up. I'll keep your advice in mind though. Especially with using the space to my advantage. Maybe I can put a few Mido things up.

^^; I don't really know anything about makeup, so we'll see if I do anything with that.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
I like walls of text, but I know you guys don't.
Thou hast misjudged me, Chu. Personally, I do prefer walls of text to someone speaking to me, partially because I sometimes find it hard to make out the words, and mostly because I don't have a chance to listen to audio on my PC, and the 3DS's Youtube app will not do nice things to your nice face. Thank God this won't be updated regularly, that gives me more chance to actually watch the damn things.

Otherwise, I love this idea. I really like the story in Midorea, but There just doesn't seem to be all that much about it. Either there just isn't much written (the Clan descriptions are quite...lacking) or it's there and I, as a Newbie, just haven't bee able to find it. I also really love concept art and behind the scenes stuff, especially if there's a proper description about it, humerous or not. Ratchet and Clank contains a whole building of the games concept art in games 2 and 3 but the one in 3 is crap compared to the one in 2 simply because the descriptions are, quite frankly, terrible. A vlog on Midorea's concepts would likely avoid this problem.

Eagerly waiting for the first proper vid!

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote        
I planned on posting transcriptions of what is said in the videos, just in case people would rather read them. (Would you all rather read them from the video description or from this thread?) The art and everything that goes along with them, however, probably won't be posted with the text... simply because it's a lot of work to make the video alone, haha. I might spam the images in posts, though, if people are interested in having them here.

And this series is going to coincide with some general clarification on Midorea's lore on-site as well. My goal for the first six months of 2014 is to make our story more accessible and easier to understand. This is kind of a side-project for v3 that we're working on, which is another reason why the series won't have regular updates. My attention is divided between this (probably holds about 30%) and v3 (holds about 60%).

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote        
Where's the remaining 10% of your attention? Real Life?

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote        
Miscellaneous things around the site. The daily grind. xP I was talking about my attention toward Midorea, not overall. Overall, Mido probably takes up about 60% of my attention right now, haha. Since I'm on break I don't need to worry about much other than my health and my family.

CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
I highly appreciate having the text posted on the site. I can't always get youtube to play nice with my devices, and being on an iPad means I can use it for only one thing at a time. Also, I get migraines, and I spend a decent amount of time in places where sound is discouraged, so I prefer to read.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote        
That's understandable. Smile I'll make sure to update this thread with the transcriptions of the videos, then.

Weiss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote        
hmmmm I think I'll buzz around here for a while until further notice.
Lody

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote        
I'm also going to stalk this page... the whole video thing sounds good. I read the story on tumblr.