Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote        
(This is a role play between Saygen and Juneberry. Please avoid posting if you're not one of us, but feel free to read along if you like! Happy)

The only mirror aboard Lady Babosa – an East coast ship fated to haul the must punitive crab off the coast of Maine – was cracked and stained with years of unwashed grime, but didn't account entirely for Ethan 'Sol' Newall's aged facade at the young age of nineteen. With kinked arms steadying himself from wall-to-wall of the single toilet bathroom, Sol observed his reflection. “You let yourself go, Sol,” he said, removing a hand to trace his finger along a fresh slit on his check that dribbled blood into his scruffy beard. There was also a deep gash on his right shoulder that soiled his sleeve. It was deeper than he thought and would require stitches he didn't have time to weave.

The boat rocked back and forth, trying to throw his weight off his feet, but the eyes of his reflection held his gaze – steadying him. Sol looked tired from the dark circles beneath his eyes and pallor color, but the edges of his wry smile brimmed with the liveliness of a man filled with years of promising stories of his months – summer to summer – against the tribulations of the sea. He could retire and spend his days as a local bar hermit, retelling his stories to anyone who listened. Tonight, however, would not be the night.

“Sol! Get back up here! We need you!” came a muffled voice from above on the deck. The ragging gull that puppeteered the sea around their small boat guided heavy waves to thrash them with attempts to beat in the old metal hulls. It was the worst storm Sol had ever seen, and although the Captain wouldn't admit it, the worst storm the old veteran had attempted to pilot through as well. More yells from the deck were swallowed by howling of the wind through the corridor. Sol’s gash would have to wait.

The edges of the narrow hallway leading up deck steadied his feet as Sol tediously made his way to the deck. Blowing rain swept like blades across his exposed face. Through his watery vision, he could tell that the deck was in shambles as the other men hurried to fasten down cages and ropes that swung perilously, promising noncompliance. Making his way to the closest loose rope, he wrangled it and wrapped it over and over around a metal pole. They should be under deck. It wasn't safe up here.

“Sol! If you’re not dying I need you to get behind the cages and secure the winch on the other side!” The voice sounded familiar, but in the storm it swept away as quickly as the frigged water tugging him as it raced around his ankles and off deck. Turning, he understood what the voice meant. The shrimp pots rattled loosely in their pile against the boathouse. If they were not secured quickly, they would surely be lost to the surges of the storm. He was wary.

“Get over here! Come on!” the same man yelled. This time Sol identified the voice – Mark, the second hand of the Captain. Both men were years in debt from a combination of drinking and gambling and whoring. Their only assets were the boat, heavy bone-crushing pots, and the delinquent men they employed to do their dirty work. Sol was not virtuous enough of a man to climb behind loose pots that could crush him to death in an instant for the sake of his employers' stubborn dreams, but he understood the consequences of his personal mutiny. Despite prior months of job searching, Lady Babosa was the only business that was willing to employ him. Thus was the life of a two-time felon on indefinite probation.

"Yeah," he responded plainly, squeezing between the slim gap of the boat's railing and the ton's of metal cages.

And so he went.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote        
(So I figured I'll play an Atrica for now. Meaning new character(ish) time!)

Just like the Atrica, the humans were in danger. For so long, Adatia had lived closely with her father, Hortense. But suddenly, their home was being invaded. And even more suddenly, another planet was near to being invaded by the same parasite. Many young of the Atrica were being sent to the human planet of Earth in hopes of saving them from the fate their own Atrix had fallen to, most being treated as a sort of 'military'. But, as she stared at the colorful planet below, Adatia could only wonder if this place was safe as it was. As the ship was getting closer, her head began to cloud.

Her pale skin was taking in the sun as much as it could through the windows of the military ship, but the hairs standing on her neck were quite concerning to those around her. Adatia wasn't like them, after all. She was certainly taller than a human, but not as tall as an average Atrica- ironic to her father being almost a giant even amongst their kind. She had the same long limbs as her comrades, but her green eyes were duller than most- and for some reason, she refused to cut her hair, which had taken a new color as they traveled. Like a tree, Adatia's normally green hair was turning a copper tone over time- but her roots were still clearly as green as spring meadow's grass. She kept it down to her hips, braided to the side with a colorful ribbon that was unique compared to her monotone attire.

Though it was a military ship, many of the younger recruits chosen for the mission of intertwining with the earthlings were allowed to wear their own clothing from home, at least on the ship. And for Adatia, who rather disliked the formalities of military life, this was a blessing. The pinstripe blouse of her otherwise purely black dress kept close to her figure, not rustling for a moment of their speedy descent onto the planet.

She was one of the first to step off the ship hidden in unpopulated hills they landed on. There had been sounds of ruckus in nearby towns from their landing, but so far, no one had found them yet. Though she was supposed to change into the military suit and cap, she had left in her dress to go feed on the sun's still beams of tasty nutrition. Photosynthesis was a lovely ability- and the outside was great for it.

Of course, being that she was already against orders, Adatia wasn't going to stay near the ship to do her feeding. She went down the hill to a place with more plants, close enough to the docks and the town but not so close that she thought she'd be spotted. "This is a nice spot." She mused the words with a small giggle of sorts, landing on the ground quickly, sprawled out like a kitten in the heat. "The Earth sunlight is yummy..." Finally, a snack fitting her appetite and need for some nutrition. "It's been a while since I got such yummy light..."

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote        
(My idea is to play Sol when he's younger. Originally I had him as 25 in the other RP. Also, sorry these posts are so long. I'm having a little too much fun. lol one more post and Sol will be in an area where our characters can finally meet up.)

What the movies don’t show viewers is just how dark it becomes at sea during a Fall storm. Beyond the bubble of swaying deck lights illuminating the worried faces of deckhands hard at work, insidious waves begin their charge; sweeping across their rolling brethren to pummel unsuspecting ships without warning. In the black corner behind the crab pots, Sol blindly felt his way along - praying that the rustling metal mammoths beside him would not come loose. Occasional strikes of lightening would rise like towering white leviathans with multiple arms and legs from beneath the water – observing Sol’s struggle momentarily before returning to their watery kingdoms just as quickly as they had come.

It was in these flashes that Sol eventually found the winch and its loosening straps flapping in the squalls. Grunting, he reached for them. Sea water splashed into his face as he hovered over the edge of the ship. If the pots came loose now, he couldn’t see them. Eventually his hands wrapped around the straps, tugging them free of a various polls. A thick wave plowed up and smashed Sol in the face, forcing him up and back into the metal pots behind him. What are you doing here!?, he cursed to himself silently as another waive slammed him once again against the pots. Salt water rushed up his nostrils, forcing him to lurch and sputter.

“Sol! Hurry up!” came Mark’s voice from along the railing, but within the false safety of the deck lights. “Shut up!” Sol yelled back before being pounded with another wave. An unsettling feeling took root in his mind, translating itself to an undeniable gut feeling that made him stall with his hand on the rusty lever of the winch. This was bad. Something bad was going to happen. He needed to get out of here. Now.

“SOLLL!” came a terrified scream just as the top crab pots became free from their straps. They slide with an unnatural screeching across the pile, coming to dangle over the edge – over Sol. There wasn’t enough time to scream. There was only enough time to react. The top pots tumbled over the edge and struck the railing as he made himself flesh with the cages still momentarily secure in front of him. They spun off the side of the ship still fastened to the lead strap, which became taunt. In slow motion, the remaining mass of pots began to push Sol; forcing him to the edge as they were pulled by the rope into the sea.

There was no good option. And in a split second, he had to make his.

The pile crept toward him, narrowing his space. Jumping into the water would be certain death, but so was staying here. Sol hopped onto the railing of the ship, pulled one leg free of the edge, but didn’t save his left leg in time. The formidable mass met the edge of the boat, crashing his trapped lower leg in an instant. The adrenaline coursing through him did not mask the pain as he let out a blood curdling scream. Every bone in his leg seemed to shatter simultaneously, then was pulverized into what he could only imagine was calcified power and pulped blood. The only parts remaining intact were the nerves which screamed for freedom and/or death.

The storm suddenly became quiet as if waiting in anticipation for Sol’s “It’s alright! I’m okay!”, but everyone knew the wiser. “Shit! Sol are -“ were the only words Mark had a chance to yell before a rogue wave as tall as the boat bashed him from the other side. When it left, so did he. Everything became eerily quiet.

Sol watched the lightening leviathans rise and fall as his body law strewn over the edge of the rail until he finally fell asleep.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote        
[Tis fine with me. I have no idea how old he is, but this is fun so far. Sorry if my posts don't always make the most sense right now though. I'm trying to figure out Adatia's way of thinking with weather xD And your posts are awesome >:3]

Because she'd been there when it was quiet, Adatia hadn't expected a whip of lightning to fall from the sky. The lightning wasn't as tasty as the sun, even if they both had some light in them- lightning was basically like trying to eat dirt. From what she heard, it wasn't tasty. Still, she tried to open herself up to the wisps of light in the storm nearby- and instead of getting hit, she was instead left hungrier than before she tried.

"It was sunny a moment ago. Earth storms are frightening..." She looked around the grass. The water was coming down from clouds that had been grey yet still calm enough to let the sun through only moments before. She was confused, standing as the grass below her enjoyed the hydration. Staring upward, her eyes closed tightly as she opened her mouth to join the plants in a drink from the free drinking hole of the sky. "But I guess even storms have their perks. This water is really fresh. I wish I could bring some to Papa!"

The sea was frighteningly vicious, however. As she enjoyed her drink, the sound of a crashing wave startled her, sending her falling back onto her rear. "Eep! The noises here are so loud, all of them!" She flailed a bit, being on the young side still and easily startled. Staring at the water before her, she pouted. "The sea must not like storms much. I think that's what it's called, right? The sea? That much water must really suffocate the fellows under it. Is there even life under it? But it's sorta scary to look right now..."

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote        
[Thanks! I'm really liking your posts too! This will be a fun dynamic between our characters, XD Also, I was thinking of possibly doing a flash forward after this post. If you have a better idea though, go for it. ]

“We’ll have to land in Port Hanner. He needs a transfusion immediately.”

“Bangor will have a better chance at saving his leg.”

“His leg is already gone.”

Sol awoke to a daze. Men in hazard orange suits sat around him, but all were too busy to notice his struggling eyes fluttering against the wind swirling around the inside of the helicopter. It was loud and despite the metallic sheets tucked around and under his body to retain body heat, he was cold. Sol was tired.

“Chopter 182 requesting emergency permission to land at Port Hanner Hospital. Two passengers. Middle aged man with hypothermia and young adult male with critical injuries,” came the pilot’s voice over the muffled loud speaker of the cabin. The man inserting an IV into Sol’s exposed right elbow said something into his headset, but the words came out like whispers heard down an echoing hallway at night. For Sol, that hallways was becoming longer and longer and he struggled against his body’s desperate desire to return to rest.

Another man sitting on Sol’s left side pressed his knuckles firmly into the bruised flesh above his knee, holding something steady. Bandages? A tourniquet? Sol tried sitting up to see the man’s hand, to survey his crushed leg, but only had enough strength to roll his head limply from side to side. The other man noticed the slight movement and went to secure the strap holding Sol’s head onto the backboard he lay supine on – secured through his torso, hips, and thighs.

“There’s a girl down there,” came a gruffly voice from behind him. Though meek from the cold, the gravely hints were easily identifiable as the Captain of Lady Babosa. “She shouldn’t be out in this hell of a storm,” he muttered distractedly. Who cares, Sol thought. His will to argue every word with the blubbering idiot of a superior seemed too tiring at the moment to pursue. The rest of the crew was gone, weren't they? Why not talk about that?

A lingering warmth grew under the backs of Sol’s thighs. Like the first couple steps into a warm pool, the heat spread up his hips, across his back, hugged around his torso then settled like a scarf around his neck. From there, it spread up like fingers brushing over his cheek, tracing his cut as he had done however long before in the miniature bathroom aboard Lady Babosa. Before he went back outside. Before the crab pots became loose. Before he was here. Comfort prodded like a seductive woman telling him to lay back and close his eyes – accompanied by a thick cloud extinguishing his thoughts. Just as quickly as it had come, it had taken him.

Eyes fluttering shut, he forgot to wonder when they’d open next.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote        
[Sorry, I'm at a loss xD Where to flash forward to? We can jump to it if you want, just tell me where to go and I'll fix this up x3]

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, sorry. Been awhile since I role played with another person. Making too many dead end posts. Wanna jump 1 month ahead? Sol would be out of the hospital trying to crash bars by then. Lol. We can stay in the same sleepy port town Adatia arrived in. Sorry again!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote        
[Sure Happy Um...So he's crashing bars? Then I guess she should be near a bar. Hrm...]

A month passed since the initial landing. Some of the other militants had found their own ways of coping with the new landscape, but most stayed at the base of operations- their ship. Some, like Adatia, had found researching the civilization and trying to make friends with them easier than others had. Besides her unique height and hair color, she did generally look human after all. If she faked eating, she could seem particularly such. So, she began to pretend she was a human- in hopes of helping bind the humans and the Atrica in friendship.

She still stayed in communications with her commanding officer, of course. There were many Atrica roaming the streets of the sleepy human town nestled by the water. It was a great place to start- plenty of population, without all the pollution of a big city. That meant plenty of people to talk to, and still enough sunlight to get their nutrition throughout the day.

That day, too, she was enjoying her new life of trying to help communicate between their species. As it was getting closer to dark, she was lucky to have finished her dinner at sunset- dinner, of course, being a rest at the shore to take in as much of the sun's last daylight as she could.

Since she could only eat while the sun was out, Adatia opted for jobs that gave her plenty of light and otherwise stayed inside when the dark came around. She was able to make friends with a bar owner, and was allowed to live upstairs with her new friend while helping out during some of the busy times while she was awake.

Happy that her employer was a kind and open-minded person, she was easily moving in her preferred dress while trying to make drinks for attendants of the bar's early hours. Giving out drinks was easy enough- and the people who received them were always smiling. Giving a smile showing her wide-spaced teeth, she proclaimed another customer to enjoy their beverage. "Let me know if you need anything! Okay, who else is thirsty?"

Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote        
They moved similarly to humans, but Sol still found himself staring at the waitress for signs of differences – something to deface them as a humanoid creation rather than an alien from a galaxy further than the most powerful telescope could witness – but it was no use. Even amongst his own species, no human walked the exact same as the other; Sol’s hobble included. Still he stared from his perch at the end of the bar counter, through the grandiose hand gestures of drunken men recanting unbelievable history in order to compete against the counters of their listeners, and between swigs of apple juice the bartender gave him sarcastically despite his request for “a pitcher of the darkest beer on tap”. Had the helicopter taken him to a hospital across the US-Canadian border, vying for liquor wouldn’t be nearly as difficult.

“If you continue staring she might spot you,” the same bartender said coyly. Sol’s eyes flitted away from mesmerizing swinging of the girl’s long braid – too fast.

The bartender brimmed with a muscle, but it was packed within a trim physique and mini dress that caught the wandering eyes of several bar stool squatters whenever she passed. Little did they know her name was Leverna, and she was born a man. It was obvious details such as these that made Sol wonder if the population of Port Hanner – isolated in the island county of Maine - actually believed the waitresses’ insistence that she was an alien come with a warning of an invasion. There was a ship situated somewhere in the hills, apparently, but no one short of the town sheriff and gone to investigate the claims. It was later that night that he packed up his few belongings and left town.

“A rum and coke this time,” Sol said to Leverna, catching her between customers. With the same wry smile she took a new glass, filled it to the brim and set the frothy liquid in front of Sol. This time, it was soda water. “Really?” Sol breathed.

“You’re lucky I even let your young ass sit in here,” the bartender responded. With a lingering stare she eventually moved onto other duties nearby. Too tired to argue, Sol sipped the soda water indignantly. The apple juice tasted less like cat piss.

The old divorcees next to him jostled and jeered. All men were glassy-eyed and too stubborn to release their stein’s, but one man’s forehead had finally found the cold wooden bar and the rest of his torso willingly followed. The bearded man lay slumped in sleep, victim to his friend’s drunken pranks. Seemingly on que, the other bartender passed over markers and the men began drawing on their sleeping friend’s exposed hands and face. What surprised Sol was the silent agreement that all drawings would be of male sexual organs – and that he would have done the same. Men were too predictable for their own good. Aliens could invade Earth with Miller beer and garlic fries and half the human population would be too helpless to resist.

Even Sol, too distracted by the silhouette of a girl he hadn’t even met– and possibly alien – to stop himself from finding her graceful movements as she traveled between tables. Her bronze and green hair swung just above her swaying hips, inviting inquisition and wonder, and Sol was once again ensnared. Had it been one month before when he still had a full leg and the confidence to approach to beautiful girl, he’d have found some way to make her come over.

Instead, Leverna did.

“Adatia! Could you come over, dear?” the bartender called. Sol could have stabbed her in the hand with a fork.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote        
A giggle escaped her thin lips as her braid flew over her shoulder upon her quick movement to catch Leverna's voice. "Ah, I'll be right there, Leverna!" Her voice was a wee bit of a squeak when she found a drunken man tugging on her hair at the same time as she spoke- but she was able to swiftly entertain him with a new drink- colored water she'd prepared for those who really needed to stop and were too drunk to notice- before prancing to the other end of the bar.

The copper and green entwines of hair had begun to get closer to centered over time since the decent from Earth originally painted it that new red hue. However, even the green that was starting to take its claim back to her head was fairly pale, with more orange in it than she could remember having in the past. The braid tied tightly with a colorful ribbon was easily distinguished as abnormal to regular people, but the people in the bar didn't tend to notice or care. Then again, they were all basically buckets of alcohol at that point. The one that Leverna had called her towards, though, didn't seem to be in the same boat.

"Is something the matter? Ah, does this sir need a drink?" Her smile remained happy and perhaps a bit too friendly for a young girl. Her long legs remained lithely hanging from her torso, like vines carefully propped and waiting to sway to the next spot from the last. She hugged her platter that helped carry the various goods at once close to her chest, its wood seemingly calming her a bit despite her lack of anxiety from contentment over time.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote        
She moved in slow motion toward him, so slow that he felt he'd have had enough time to pause her mid step, then rewind her her back to the table she had just departed from. He rather preferred her there, at a distance, and unaware of who he was or his story. Taking off his heavy jacket, he quickly laid it over his knee to dangle down over the wooden stub he used to walk - hidden beneath his jeans. No one could see his imperfection, but he just wanted to make sure she didn't. Why? She was possibly alien and could have had x-ray vision for all he knew. Placing his jacket over his lap would have been better suited.

Her grace swept her in beside him, preceded by a sweet chorus of inquiries to Leverna that sounded too melodic and gentle to be human. Sol's pulse quickened. His palms began to sweat around the base of his full glass. It felt like someone was inserting a cold metal rod delicately up his spine to the base of his skill, making Sol grow more and more rigid as she spoke and the conversation came to settle on him.

This was ridiculous. Sol wanted to turn and floor the bastard with the rod. Get a hold of yourself, Sol, he thought to himself. She'll go away once she figures out about your leg anyways.

"Um, yeah. I'll have, have a drink," he stuttered, feeling blood move to his cheeks. He was grateful he decided to keep the beard, even thought Leverna was convinced a woodland creature would eventually take residence in it.

"By that, Sol mean's a virgin pineapple well", Leverna corrected. "Also Adatia, it's your fifteen minute break."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
"One virgin pineapple well coming right up then, Mister Sun!" She giggled, smiling brightly. His name, Sol, meant 'sun', didn't it? She'd overheard it from some foreigners talking in the corner the other day. The name was delicious- of course, that didn't mean he was food. Though, it did make her reluctant to accept that it was night time, meaning she couldn't go out for a snack so easily.

Leverna then noted her break. Perfect- a break! That meant she could go look for a UV lamp somewhere to eat from, right? No, there were none in this area. She'd tried that before. "Well, I can at least give Mister Sol his order before I take off, can't I?" She smiled anyway. Even if she couldn't give some nutrition to herself, she could surely give the man at the counter something, right?

Almost about to leap, she changed her movements to a more normal gait around the bar and to pick up the ingredients for the order. She shook and stirred and carefully poured the blend of ingredients into a mug, dancing a bit as she put any leftovers away.

To frolic about was a fun pastime for the plant-like lady- and she was allowed to do that to some degree in this building, whereas those outside might be troubled by her love of leaping about. As she planted the mug in front of the bearded man, she watched him curiously for a moment- he seemed to be one of the few not completely bashed in by the alcohol's trance. And his beard- it was kept much like the hair on her father's head, wasn't it?

"That hair on your face must be nice during the nighttime. Warms your face right up, doesn't it? I wish I could grow some too. The nights are cold. It makes me miss the sunlight so quickly."

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote        
With a confirmatory nod from Leverna, the waitress - Adatia - went to work. Sol watched her carefully. For such a simple drink, her movements and demeanor hinted otherwise. Every step was bridled. A thin thread seemed have been wrapped around her ankles, keeping her on the floor - just a little more power to any bounce and she would surely break the thread, defy Earth's gravity, and shoot up into the sky; never to return. The feeling of fleetingness kept Sol watching, because at any moment, Adatia would surely disappear forever - whether by sky or space ship or boredom.

Could I even keep up with her?

In a whirl, his new drink landed in front of him and Sol became face-to-face with Adatia for the first time under the low lights of the bar. It wouldn't be until later that he would realize the alien look of her eyes - large green orbs lacking pupil and iris. Instead, he first noticed her youth. It brimmed her face, adding definition where there wasn't and further expression of glee within her already enduring grin. Her shoulders and her posture reflected either extreme confidence or naive bliss - or both.

For this reason, Sol began to become conflicted. No human was this happy. No creature so uncaring of others opinions. Adatia was young, but Sol didn't know how young. Physically, they must have looked about the same age, but mentally Sol felt aged and run down. Mature. Capable. Surely, Adatia's love and happiness toward all things didn't leave room for growing up?

Sol was caught too deep in thought to here Adatia's prattles, but he caught the last one. Feeling his beard, he suddenly felt strange with it. It was more tangled than he thought and Adatia's investigating eyes made it seem like a caged animal at the zoo. He would have to cut it off tonight.

"Yeah, they're warm, but girl's can't grow them," Sol ventured, unsure of how much he needed to explain human truths to her - assuming she was alien. "Girl's have, well, scarves and things to cover the face." He started making a motion that he was wrapping an invisible scarf around his neck when he caught himself.

What are you doing, Sol, he berated himself, glancing around the bar to see who was watching him. He met matching smiles from Leverna and the other bartender.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote        
She smiled, nodding. "Yep, we have scarves. But scarves are difficult sometimes. They fall off easily and some of them aren't meant for wear like they seem to be. But hair is special. It's part of you and is actually meant to keep you warm. It's really amazing, isn't it?"

A soft giggle of sorts left her as she moved to lift her long braid with her dainty hands. The thick locks that twined together with care felt smooth against her skin, and with a curious flick, she tried to wrap it around her neck like a scarf with the motion he'd tried to provide as an example. Her hair was not taunt enough to do so, however- and instead, it came undone around her neck, returning to resting over her shoulder when it unwound itself most of the way. The trestles of green and copper began to unbind slightly as they danced around her figure, loosening her braid to show the strands more clearly.

Spinning to look at her boss and friend for a moment, she felt her clothing flutter around and alter its position against her frame with caution. She was trying to imagine the other woman with a scarf on, but couldn't seem to gather how it would stay around her neck. She turned back to Sol soon enough, and tapped a chair near him. "Say, since I'm supposed to take a break now, can I sit with you? You seem interesting, you know."

Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:07 am Reply with quote        
For every odd thing Adatia said, there must have been twice the number of strange thoughts left without mention - floating aimlessly around her mind. Sol watched dumbfounded as her eyes flitted around the room, then finding him still next to her. "Um, yeah. You can sit there," Sol muttered, still unsure of what he was feeling. She was beauty and strange - thoughtful and thoughtless. As her hair untwined to rest over her shoulders like a golden canopy, he couldn't help but swallow his nerves. Adatia was stunning and care free. Adatia was not his type.

The sobering realization made Sol brave, and his questions rolled out unguarded. "So, you're an alien? That's what some of the townspeople have been saying. Most think you and the others that look like you are part of some satanic cult that took refuge up in the hills."

Leverna gave a glare of disapproval, but didn't intervene.