Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
And some monsters drop three!
Seriously, I don't mind two, but I think three rainbow fishnets is a little much xD

Jandi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote        
Personally I think the silver bag drop rate seems pretty good. For the amount of time I'll battle and the amount of bags I get, they seem to be pretty well balanced.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote        
How do you all feel about how much silver you get from battles?

Or are we leaning more in the direction that we need more/better silver sinks?

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote        
I think the silver to battle ratio is pretty good. Everyone plays for different reasons and making silver easier or harder to get will just make people adjust how much they battle. I can only imagine that the people doing the clone threads are always broke buying new costumes. I am building up my capital to buy up characteristic stats so would not use the silver sinks. Several others mainly enjoy the chat rooms and wouldn't be affected by silver changes. I like the current silver ratio Cool

I know Jandi has more money than she can spend but glancing at the vault list suggests that she is one of the wealthiest players in the game. I am definitely not complaining, congratulations! But newer players will not have anywhere near that much starting off.

As to repairs, I would say to let the commons break and wear out. That would work as a silver sink and they are easily replaceable. Leave gold and non-replaceable items unbreakable. You could then make some gold only armor and weapons that would still need repairing but wouldn't wear out. Those things might also encourage gold sells.
Jandi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, thanks Strix. <3
I feel it's fair the amount you earn in the battle system, yes, but DEFINITELY better and more gold sinks sound lovely! And the re-release or something of older items may draw people in. I can't simply get my hands on some things and I've given up some of my old items that I've begun to miss. It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get any older items. Truly upsetting. Hell, make an event and make us earn currency to buy older items for a bit and i'd love you forever. I think that'd draw in a lot of activity. Hardly anyone seems to even have the older items anyway, so even for us that do I wouldn't mind if it deflated the immensely INFLATED values of those items... haha. I hope I'm making sense... xD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote        
Re-releasing old rares always seems to be such a minefield on avatar sites. Remember that I'm posting this as a member, not a staff member, but... would you all really have no problem seeing old rares be re-released? I'd assume that old ARIs would be sold for gold, and others for silver.

Again, this isn't really something I'm asking as a staff member. I just want to know how you'd all feel.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote        
Re-release them and newbies can actually get a hold of the damn things. It's nearly impossible for me to get any event items or ARIs from before Ocean Enclaves, and I really want the Fallen Deity Wings, an item so old that no-one is selling it, no-one is auctioning it, no-one is parting with it at all. And it's the same story with practically any item from before Ocean Enclaves. Older items need to be re-released to give the neser users at least a chance to get hold of any of them, otherwise the Dream Avatar is a frustrating and tantalising waste for them.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Jandi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote        
I would DIE(ofhappiness) to see the rares re-released on the site. Not for gold though, because I honestly don't think that'd work. Build the base of users first and make them frequent the site and make their dream avatars, blah blah, then pray-tell they decide to become more active and enjoy the site and it's thriving market and donate for themselves. It seems logical to me... maybe... I'm so tired I'm dead. x_x

Baby stepsssss.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote        
It probably depends on how easy or difficult it would be to get the them. If you just re-release them in shops every few months, they would loose a bit of their 'rareness' quality. If it were somehow made more difficult or challenging, you could put them out in very limited numbers. The problem with many of the rare items is that they are held by inactive players so there is no way to acquire them at all.

Perhaps you could choose one or two rare items a month and have an NPC auction them off. Or use them as prizes for some sort of competition. That would let the rare items remain rare but still keep them in circulation.
Jandi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote        
I feel like auctioning them off completely defeats the purpose though. It'll make the items THAT much harder to get in the future. Because if I spend 100k on an item because I'm so desperate for it in an auction, then someone will surely spend more on that item in the future because they'll be just as desperate.

Make an event of the sort, perhaps, where we have to earn points and we can spend them on older rarities. But don't make it that down-right easy to get these rarities. For instance, let's say every battle you win you get +1 point. Make the items in the shop a lot of points, it encourages people to play and makes them hopeful to get an older item but if you have more choices, the chances of people getting all of them are slimmer, so theres more diversity but still the items are out there. I dunno, sounds fun. +1 for points, blah blah. However someone would be interested in doing that.

See, I'd be more inclined to donate to the sight and such if the market was more thriving, if the activity was more... increased? Dunno how to say it. But I feel it'll take a bit for that to happen. Because right now the amount of active users on the sights seem so slim... the forums are usually dead, and it's saddening. Bring them back in. XD Incentive!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 pm Reply with quote        
That might bring up the idea again about doing daily quests for karma instead of silver. Then possibly use karma to buy the rares. But still, make it hard. Each daily would only be worth a small amount of karma and the rare items would still be karmically expensive.
Jandi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote        
I don't even know what this Karma thing is on the site... /shot/ I dunno where I've been... ahaha.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote        
The Karma thing is actually an event-only currency. The event was Rite of Passage Pt. 1, and Karma was earned by posting. The Karma could then be spent Construction materials (also obtained by killing monsters) which were then turned in for the event items. It's like lotus petals from previous events, it's nothing special, and currently unobtainable and without need to be obtained.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Jandi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, okay. I vaguely remember it now... lol xD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote        
We do have rare auctions and raffle planned, and a few have already taken place. I suggest keeping an eye on the Auctions & Raffles forum, as well as Chu's Auction House.

And I appreciate all of the feedback everyone has posted so far. We're working to try and make older items more accessible, so any ideas you can provide would be great.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES