Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote        
I personally think that older items could do with coming out again so that us newbies, who can't get them, have a chance. The problem with 'trade only' means that although newbs can get silver to pay for them very fast, there is no way of getting any older items they like the look of as the trade only makes them need another itme for another item and so on and so forth with no way of ever obtaining any of them. It's brutal.

I personally like the idea of an expensive BMI bag with small chances of older items. Perhaps for balance issues, it can have a large chance of giving amounts of silver as well, a small chance of older items, a small chance of gold, and a moderate chance of a common? It'd be up to the random number god, but it'd be a silver sink (making silver more valuable) and give the newbs a chance of getting older items they can use or can trade for other older items they want.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
If it's bought with silver, what would be the point of having silver as a chance reward? I wouldn't mind the chance at gold, but that could do something that we're trying to avoid, making buying real gold less important.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote        
We've been trying to work more actively to curve silver inflation, and any suggestion and feedback you guys can give us on the subject will help us tackle this a little better.

We've already attempted an auction, which took a good chunk of silver out of the system. However, we did come across people working even more to make silver - so in the long run we didn't really take much out that was already there. But what little we did was a good start.
We've also been playing around with the idea of difficult quests to attain a rare quest-specifc item, requiring a steep investment of silver and time to attain. And also adding in little extras that cost silver, such as charging to travel to another zone - small things like that which are not NECESSARY to play the game, but if you want to access certain quests in a restricted zone you can choose to pay to do them.

As for the ideas of BMI mystery boxes, that might be a great item to implement. Perhaps have a mix of box-only items along with old BMIs and relics at a lower chance. We want older relics to be available to everyone, and we understand that right now they're very sparse and hard to come by. We're a little stretched thin as it is right now though, but the BMI idea is one of the ones more likely to be implemented soon. We'll probably open up a few more discussions regarding these idea.

Also, I will say right now that we don't plan on giving out gold in any other way than what we have now. Gold and relics are considered luxury items to be bough for real money, and one way to help those who can't purchase these items for cash is to curve silver inflation and make those who buy relics want to sell them off for silver. I'd rather work towards that than to simply make gold easier to come by.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote        
Ooh, I really like the idea of a rare item quest. Bribing the guards to get into restricted zones could be fun too. I like anything where I get to explore a little more, I don't think the changing zones element is used to its fullest.
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote        
interesting.. I wonder if you could make it so that you could pick a different background for your avatar depending on which zone you're in? :o
Like GGC could be well.. a city.
I do like the idea of a quest though, strange for me 'cos on mmos I hate them lol..

JOLLY COOPERATION!
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote        
I'd like to add that I really dislike playtime caps, it nearly kills my interest in a game to be running up against the 'turn' or 'stamina' or 'lives' limits that recharge based on time.

It's true that you can grind for a couple hours and get a pretty decent amount of silver. For me, this is limited by the repetitiveness of doing so, the strain on my wrists, and my preference for having enough silver in my accounts to act as a buffer, rather than a stockpile.

In my case, playing the Clonery game means I'm sinking a pretty decent amount into getting a whole new outfit every week. I generally have less than 5000 in my account at any given time. (I've dropped down to 0 a couple times in the past month. Whoops.)

I agree with Kathira on the problems with item acquisition for new players. It's difficult to get older rares. I keep debating stockpiling new ARI's and Blackmarket items, so that later I can trade for items that I want more, but I think this only adds to the scarcity problem.

I am in favour of pretty much any new features or items that let me have a chance at old or rare items. The avatar part of Midorea is highly appealing to me. ^__^

Edit: I wanted to add that I have a mule to dress up as well now, so that's a bit more silver back into the game.

Also that I am in favour of quests, I find them fun. I'd like a quest that you can't level out of, and that doesn't time out. Preferably one that sends me to different zones in search of odd items.

Shopkeeper quests are also pretty high on my interest list. I like the idea of all the shopkeepers having personalities and interaction dialogue.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote        
CopperSpiral wrote:
Shopkeeper quests are also pretty high on my interest list. I like the idea of all the shopkeepers having personalities and interaction dialogue.

Oh yes, me too! It makes me sad that two of them don't have graphics.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote        
I agree, the shopkeepers all need personalities, not just Uro. I also really like the idea of adding more permanent quests for the higher-levelled and more use out the zone-changing would be awesome. I do like quests, so long as you can't level out of them as levelling out of quests definitely needed to be axed due to how hard it is to get the drops you need.

Getting silver out of the system by making players pay to unlock more batsys zones is a pretty good idea, although it would still be producing silver in the long run, not just taking it, unless you make the monsters in different zones not drop silver as much or at all. That's one of the problems I can see with that.

WEREWOLVES!
Jandi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote        
Kinda bringing this up since I have my two-cents to share in this conversation. Silver is useless on this site. Items have inflated so much because they're impossible to get to the point where people will give you a hundred thousand just for one thing. Earning silver is far too easy on this site, especially after you put some time into it. I'm sitting on 600k that grows by 6k each day without me even touching the battle system. Which if I were to do that as well, I'd easily earn between 50-100k in little time at all. I dunno, maybe that's just me though. :/ Wish older items were distributed better and this site had more of a market flow. Eh. Maybe in due time....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote        
If you have any suggestions for how to fix these issues, we'd be open to listening to them.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote        
Right now, there are two things in particular that I'd like feedback on, but I want everyone to feel free to bring up other issues too.

1. Bags of Silver. Do you think they're too rare, or do you think you get them too often? Do you feel like you don't get enough from them, or do you feel like you get too much?

2. Repairing. Currently, users can infinitely repair items without the risk of breaking them. I see two options here. One is to make it so that items can be broken when you repair them, but "blacklisting" rares like relics and event items so that you won't risk breaking them. The second would be to drastically increase the price of repair hammers. Do you all have any other ideas on how to fix this?

supermufin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote        
I feel like bags of silver should be a bit more rare. They are certainly not very rare.
I also think having the non-rare weapons possibly break is a good idea. Maybe even increase the price of the repair hammers, or decrease the number of times the repair hammers can be used before breaking.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
We will be adding in more weapons and other items, but unfortunately, we can't do that soon. Everything else that you mentioned could be done, though, if other users and staff agree.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote        
The problem with increasing repair hammer price is that you risk prohibitively locking newbies out of batsys until they've posted a heck of a lot. I agree on making some weapons breakable, and blacklisting certain ones.

Personally, I think bags of silver are just right as regards drop rate, although occasionally (very occasionally), two will be dropped by one monster. Perhaps keep drop rate the same but prevent more than one bag of silver being dropped at any time?

WEREWOLVES!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote        
You bring up a really good point about the repair hammer, Kathira.

I'm going to try my best to explain why monsters sometimes drop two bags of silver.

As most of you all know, we have certain quests that require items dropped by monsters. Sometimes, monsters that drop these items are also special monsters that drop bags of silver. So, to make it so that users can get their bag of silver AND that special drop, we set it so that those monsters can drop up to two items instead of one.

However, if you all (and the staff) think that this is a bad idea, that can easily be changed. Just tell me!