Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Areishia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote        
I admit that I don't spend too much time in the marketplace but, by now, I must ask, just how valuable is silver in reality?

I am asking this mainly because I have noticed quite a few (not all) threads where people are selling items (mostly DIs or certain EIs) but that they would prefer to sell them in exchange of other items or only in exchange of other items.

Now, I can understand the logic behind this decision perfectly, however, it does make me wonder just how much the silver is actually worth on the site when it comes to the marketplace?

Right now, if I play the battle game for an hour or so I could very well earn 50k silver if not more (I am level 47) and as we all know, there is no limit to how much silver you can earn by battling monsters.

With this in mind I can't help but wonder, is the amount of silver being pumped out by the battle system perhaps bringing the value of silver down?

If the answer to the above question is indeed yes I would like to suggest that the amount of silver one can obtained from the battle system each day be capped to, let's say 10-15k?

I understand that my hunch might very well be incorrect and if such is indeed the case I am fine with being corrected.

So, please comment, what do you think? What is the true value of silver in the marketplace? Is the battle system potentially pumping out too much silver? Please discuss :3.
Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:36 pm Reply with quote        
I don't really like the silver per day cap, it would change how I play here in a negative way. I think the inflation of silver could be toned down a bit if we had more to spend silver on that didn't give the money to other players. I really like the Black Market Imports for this, since they're quite a bit more expensive and they don't stay forever. Maybe putting an item in there like the Bag of Astralis would encourage people to buy more of them. I also think the items that get used up are good for this too.
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote        
I did think a similar thing a while ago (as one of the people who has stuff up for trade only), only difference is I thought because it's pretty easy to get silver from the battle system, should gold really be more. The bonus gold you get from certain amounts kinda helped that though.

I do still think once you get through the beginning barrier of struggling to turn a profit it does get pretty easy to earn silver, so it does make it feel almost pointless to sell older items for silver.
Hopefully with a few of the suggestions in that older ARIs poll though this will also be helped? 'cos at the moment the older ARIs are just worth as much as anyone is willing to pay for it.

I... dunno if any of this makes sense, my head isn't happy with me today.
I've always been curious if anyone got a rarer prize from those astral bags, I bought quite a few and didn't.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, a very expensive bag you could buy with silver that had a chance at a rare older item, that be awesome!
Areishia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote        
@Sharm: I don't normally like daily caps too much either to be honest, however I am starting to think that the battle system is indeed pumping out too much silver >.<.

The Black Market imports are indeed fantastic and placing a chance item in there for 2-3k would indeed be extremely nice :3. I know I'd buy it myself if any of the items within it caught my eye :3.

Having more items to spend silver on would indeed be nice, that's for sure :3.

@Pikmin: It does make sense to me. However, what do you mean by bonus gold?
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote        
I just meant like.. When you buy $10 worth of gold you get a bonus 12 gold, higher you go higher the bonus etc.
I agree that silver sinks would be helpful, like the idea of this mystery bag for silver.

Oooo there could be like, one for each shop..
ie: A mystery snips salon bag, 2000 silver, large chance at a random hairstyle from the shop, smaller chance of some gold (10-20?), eentsy chance of a rare old ari, probably one that has hair in it to go with the snips salon theme.

I'm probably rambling now lol, so tired and it's only about 6pm..

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Areishia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote        
While a CI for each shop does sound very interesting I am against of shop item recolors being placed in a CI instead of the actual shop (if the item that the recolor is based on is always there at least).

However the idea itself is very nice indeed :3. Still, I don't think they should include gold in it ^^;.
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote        
I didn't really think about recolours being in it, just items from the shop itself, though for people like me who have all the items via commons they really want.

I was a bit unsure about the gold, I just know a lot of people want it lol..

Maybe if its more like..
Weaponsmith bag:
2000 silver.

Normal chance of random item from weaponsmith shop
Rare chance of weapon/armor themed EI (like candied sword etc)
Rarer chance of weapon/armor themed BMI (like ancient sword etc)
Rarest chance of weapon/armor themed ARI (like faerie dragon archery set etc)

IT MAKES SENSE IN MY HEAD!

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote        
That sounds pretty awesome to me. I would like a high chance of an item only available in that bag as well.
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote        
It costs a lot of silver to increase character statistics like strength or Intelligence. The higher the statistic, the more it costs to buy up a point. If you were to buy all your stats up to level 30, I think most of your silver would go away quickly. You have a very scary strength by the way Areishia Shocked .

I am currently level 29. From everything I fight, it seems that there is a silver reward limit of 100SP per battle. I do not think that is to high since many of us don't have that many hours a day to grind on farming monsters. Most of us have higher repair costs than you do .. Your forge skill is scary too!

I believe the rules originally intended having some sort of battle points where you could fight as long as you still had points left. You would probably get points back per hour. That either got removed or never fully implemented. Other games do these point systems successfully and I actually think it's a good idea to limit how fast you can skyrocket a characters levels. Admittedly I have been taking advantage of the 'no limit' advantage as well but I would fully understand if it were put in place in V3. That would limit the monster silver but not cap it off. And if people want more silver than that, we are all happily encouraged to be sociable and post in the forums.

I'm not sure about gold ideas. This game deserves to make real life money and I think that is mainly through gold sales. Midorea is already one of the most friendly games I've played for non-paying members. Most MMO's I have seen practically require you to use real money to have a chance at being powerful. I respect that there should be certain items that can only be gained through gold sales. I agree that the black market silver sinks is a good idea but I wouldn't want gold items in there. Speaking of which I really should buy some gold.
Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I can see where your coming from with the "no gold items in the random bags" but I disagree. If it's balanced correctly what we're talking about wouldn't devalue the gold items but instead put those items back into the realm of having an actual value instead of being too rare to sell. The cost of these bags would have to be high enough in silver to make that work though, too low and you would end up devaluing it and making buying gold pointless.
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, you do have very good points about the gold. Maybe these bags I'm thinking of should be gold like the astral bag, either that or like 5000 silver, but then whenever you get a normal item it'd be DISAPPOINTFACE. Doesn't really matter though 'cos they don't exist lol

Areishias strength is scary... *hides from*

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Areishia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote        
I'd rather normal shop items not be included at all to be honest >.<But>.>.

What can I say, I spend a lot of silver on my strength stat XD. How exactly can you see someone else's stats though...?
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote        
Maybe the normal rate item could be like someone said before, items you can only get from the bag. Then there wouldn't be the epic disappointface.
Like either a new item, or a recolour of a normal one.

You can see peoples stats on their profiles, might go around staring at people stats now lol.. Kinda bored.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote        
Areishia wrote:
What can I say, I spend a lot of silver on my strength stat XD. How exactly can you see someone else's stats though...?

Just click the characters name over their avatar. It will show you their basic statistics.