Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Information Kiosk
Zak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote        
After I put my silver in the bank my gold went to -212 Silver instead of 0. Not to sure why, since in the past it just went to 0
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote        
I'm sure the FAQ (which, by the way, is the first thread in this part of the forum) may answer your question. Here's the relavent bit:

'Q: Why is my money count in the negatives?
A: If you make post(s) by spamming, and then spend all the money you've earned on something you want. When your post(s) are deleted you will lose the money you've earned from them and thus they will go into the negatives.'

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Peril

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote        
But then wouldn't it also do the same thing if you removed the text from a post yourself. Like if I go post some big long rant in the University forum, spend all my silver, and then decide to delete a bunch of text from my post, does my silver count go into the negative? That's kinda screwy.

Peril is also Zillah.
Zak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:54 am Reply with quote        
That's not what I am talking about. ^_^ My posts didn't get deleted because I don't post in the forums. If you read my first post I said why did my silver go to negative after I got my silver from the daily chance thing and put it right into the bank, instead of it going to 0 it went to negative.
Next time before quoting the FAQ maybe you should read what someone is talking about, instead of skimming
Mock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:58 am Reply with quote        
Ey, they're just trying to help.

WEREWOLVES!
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote        
Plus, that wasn't what you said. You just asked why it went to negative after putting silver in the bank...which, by the way, I don't understand. Were you exchanging it for gold or something? Or did you mean chaging copper to silver? Really, more information would've been helpful to avoid the wrong answer.

WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
The only reason the silver would go into the negatives is because the system is accounting for silver that is no longer there.

This is most common when the silver earned from posting is spent, only to have the post edited a significant amount (a great wall of text removed, like what Peril mentioned), or deleted, resulting in the silver being removed from your account.

I am assuming, however, that when you deposited your silver into the vault, either a post was edited or it was removed causing your silver to go into the negatives, or something else happened to cause this.

How much silver did you place into your vault when this happened?

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Zak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote        
I put the amount that is in the tittle( I have a bad memory, and can't remember the amount now ). I don't post often, and before this post I haven't posted for at least a month? I didn't edit or delete a post nor did I get a pm from a mod/admin saying they did, so I don't know what's going on
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote        
I've returned your silver. If it was taken away due to a post being removed, I see no reason to withhold it from you as whatever post there might have been was not reported and removed for a specific reason. If you encounter any mishaps like this in the future feel free to let me know.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES