Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Fun n' Games Theme Park
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote        
So I recently found out about this game and thought it'd be cool if I ran one. So here it is.

Overview
In a peaceful village of simple farmers, people have been mysteriously disappearing. The method of dissapearance means only one thing: there are werewolves in the village! The villagers must find and kill the werewolves by fire before the werewolves mangae to eat them all. But be ye not afraid! For within the village, there is a Sheriff and a Seer who may be able to help kill the werewolves...

Rules
In the village, there are two werewolves masquerading as villagers. It is up to the villagers to try and burn the wolves before too many villagers are eaten. Among the villagers are also special villagers with special roles that activate during one phase, while everyone votes for who to burn as a wolf during the other phase.
The game is split into two phases: Day Phase and Night Phase.
During Day Phase, all villagers discuss among themselves who they believe the wolves to be. They will also cast their vote for who they think a wolf is. The majority vote gets burned once everyone has voted. If there is a tie, I will use a random number generator. Once a suspect has been burnt, they are out of the game and I will reveal their role, including if they were a werewolf. At this point, the game moves on to Night Phase.
During Night Phase, the werewolves, Seer, and Sheriff all perform their roles by PMing me. Once this is done, I will reveal what has happened during the night, and the game moves on to Day Phase. If you are unlucky enough to be eaten, you are out of the game and I will reveal their role.
If at the end of a Phase there is an equal number of werewolves to everyone else or more werewolves than non-werewolves, then the game ends and the werewolves win. If all werewolves are burned before this happens, then the villagers win.

Roles
The roles in the game are as follows:
Werewolves: There are two of these at first, and they PM me who they will eat during Night Phase. They know each other as werewolves and cannot kill each other.
Seer: There is one Seer, who will PM me during Night Phase who they wish to 'see', and I will respond with the 'seen' person's role, including if they're a werewolf or not.
Sheriff: There is one Sheriff, who will PM me during the night who they want to jail. A jailed person will be carted off at the start of Day Phase and cannot take any action, whether a vote or a special, until the end of the next Night Phase.
Traitor: This sole person will show up as a werewolf to the Seer if 'seen', and will not die immediately if the werewolves try to eat them. If the Traitor is 'eaten', then no corpses are found at the start of next Day Phase and there are now three werewolves, with me PMing the wolves to reveal who each other is again.
Villagers: Everyone else. All they do is vote on who to burn during Day Phase.

Generally, it is a good idea to not reveal your role. We need at least 7 people to start, if we get 11 then another special role would be added, if we get 20 then another special role will be added as will another wolf. Roles will be chosen at random when the game starts and I will PM you your roles...unless you are the Traitor, in which case you'll only find out if you die or become a wolf.

Prizes!
Yes, there will be prizes. A fishnet shirt of your choice of colour and a percentage of the new prize fund will be given to each winner. 'Winner' is defined for this game as someone who is still alive after the epilogue, since we have no Village Idiot...yet!
Current prize fund: 36000 silver.

Sign-up
To sign up, simply copy-paste the list into your post and add your name to it. The game will start 4 days after 7 people have signed up.

1. Mock
2. Peril
3. Reika
4. Whitewitch
5. Korrinn Torrinkos
6. killerkitty
7. Angelic.Demon
8. Juneberry
9. Sly
10. Lexi Luthor

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Mock

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote        
KathiraNarae wrote:
Sign-up
To sign up, simply copy-paste the list into your post and add your name to it. The game will start 4 days after 7 people have signed up.

1. Mock

WEREWOLVES!
Mock

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:54 pm Reply with quote        
This sounds like a more fun version of Mafia!

WEREWOLVES!
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, from what I've read, the Mafia and Werewolf are essentially the same game, just with different settings. Mind helping me drum up more players? We need at least 7.

WEREWOLVES!
Peril

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
Weeeee

I'm so in. o3o I hope we can get enough people to join.

Peril is also Zillah.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote        
It's been a few days but I am FINALLY getting sign-ups! Help in getting more players would be VERY helpful, we need at least 7 and I'd quite like 11 or more.

WEREWOLVES!
Peril

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote        
I was just playing Werewolves with my friends last night. We had 12 people + the mod and it was really fun. o3o It's okay with seven or more, but they have to all be active or it doesn't work. That's why forum games get kinda weird sometimes. But I'm willing to try it! I put a link in my sig so hopefully people will click on it. Smile

I'm a little confused about the Traitor role. Instead of dying when bitten, they become a werewolf? Is that right? And the seer will see them as a 'werewolf' even if they haven't become one yet?

And... wait a second... what role PM does the traitor receive? Would it say they are a regular villager? o_O

Peril is also Zillah.
Reika

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote        
Oh sweet ! I used to play this game with my friends in high school, except we were rabbits and there was one 'wolf'. And to kill, you'd have to steal a red string tied to our wrists. Happy

1. Mock
2. Peril
3. Reika

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote        
When PMed at the start of the game, they think they are an ordinary villager. When attacked, however, they recieve a PM at the start of Day Phase to say they are now a werewolf and the main thread gets a message that there were no nommings in the night. Traitors will always appear as wolves to the Seer, however.

I am really hoping for 11 players, though, things are more interesting with my first special role...

WEREWOLVES!
Peril

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote        
Oh. That sounds really cool!

And I wonder what your first special role is... I would ask, but I bet you aren't going to say unless we get 11 people. :P

Peril is also Zillah.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
I am indeed not going to say. And I can't believe I missed Reika! Must. Rectify.

WEREWOLVES!
Peril

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote        
We are slowly getting closer... o3o

Peril is also Zillah.
Whitewitch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote        
Have...to...play...silly...game...

What is this strange compulsion?

1. Mock
2. Peril
3. Reika
4. Whitewitch
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote        
Your daughter poking you. THAT'S what it is.

WEREWOLVES!
Peril

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote        
Just 3 more and we can play~

Weeeee

Peril is also Zillah.