Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Rite of Passage pt. 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Sly's Ode to a Library Contest (Prizes, Page Prizes)
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:58 am Reply with quote        
Hey guys!! Happy event time! It seems that I'm a bit late to the party, but I still wanted to contribute what I could to this event, give people a spot to hang out, and maybe give some nifty items away. So if that sounds alright with you, step inside my thread here, and let me give you the skinny. Laugh

First of all, like I said: I want to give you guys some prizes. Unfortunately, I can't just give things away all willy-nilly like, you've got to work for your rewards; earn your keep, so-to-speak. Don't worry, I promise it'll be fun.~ Hai

So, how do you go about earning these prizes, you may want to know? Well, I'm glad you asked. xD; There will be some page prize packages given out, and for those all you have to do is hang around and chat and hopefully be lucky enough to be on the right page at the right time. Laugh As for the competition part: in keeping with the theme of this event (what with archives, and libraries and the like) I want you guys to give some library love in the form of creative exploits. Oh Mai

But Sly, what are you talking about? It's simple really. What do you think of when you think of libraries? Do you have some poignant childhood memories of them? Do you have a killer design for an uber library? A story about a monster that lives behind the circulation desk? An ode to your sexy librarian from middle school? I want to hear it! Or see it! Or whatever! Anything artsy and/or craftsy you can think of pertaining to libraries or your thoughts of them.

Make sense? If not hopefully all you're questions will be answered in the next few posts. xD; I've kept this competition loose and open, because I want you all to be able to express yourselves however you see fit. Plus, I want to give away free stuff.~ Weeeee

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:58 am Reply with quote        
RULES

.Obey Midorea's rules. (That's a given.)
.Only one entry per user. Please no mules.
.All entries must be some sort of artistic thing to do with libraries. Beyond that, feel free to do whatever you want. Draw, paint, write, sing a song, build a diorama...just so long as it fits the theme.
.As this is my thread, I will be judging your entries myself. Just a word to the wise: I really like creativity. Wink
. Use the form provided below. Entries may be posted in this thread.
.This isn't really a rule but, please stay and chat. It'll be more fun that way. Hai

Form:

Code:
Username:
Entry Title:
Medium Used:
Link to Entry:
Additional Comments:

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:59 am Reply with quote        
PRIZES

.First Place winner will receive 10 Gold, an EI set from this event, If I somehow don't have more than one, you'll get mine. xD; 4 Bags of Silver, and their choice of any one item from the Shops (excluding Temple of Gold items.)

.Second Place winner will receive a Summer 2013 EI set, 3 Bags of Silver, and their choice of any one item from the Shops (excluding Temple of Gold Items.)

. Third Place winner will receive a Spiral Halo, 2 Bags of Silver, and their choice of any one item from the Shops (excluding Temple of Gold items.)

. The Honorable Mention entry will receive 1 Bag of Silver and their choice of any one item from the Shops (excluding Temple of Gold items.)

Page Prize Packs

I'm doing something a little different than usual with Page Prizes, and giving away multiple items. Hopefully this will encourage you all to post. Hai

Page 2-"For Your Eyes Only Pack"
.Pink Eyes
.Purple Eyes
.Hornrim Glasses Black
.Perry Glasses Black
.Reading Glasses Black

Page 4-"Flower Power Pack"
.Spring Flowers
.Red Rose
.Lotus Flower
.Earth Lotus Flower
.Autumn Leaves

Page 6-"In Your Head Pack"
.Deity Hairclip
.Deity Hairclip Blue
.Fallen Deity Hairclip
.Lower Deity Hairclip
.Birthday Cake Hat

Page 8-"Weapons Pack"
.Miniature Steampunk Gun
.Jin Ku Ke Tri
.Qi Bow
.Candy Sword

Page 10-"Thank You Pack"
.Thank You Set Summer
.Thank You Set Spring
.Thank You Set Autumn
.Thank You Set Winter
.Lotus Bikini Summer
.Lotus Bikini Spring
.Lotus Bikini Autumn
.Lotus Bikini Winter

Page 30-"Fishnet Shirt Pack"
Every color of Fishnet Shirt that I have extras of (which I'll list later. xD; )

I really don't see getting beyond that, but if we do, I guess I'll have to figure out more prizes from there.
Laugh

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:59 am Reply with quote        
Entries

None yet. Oh Mai

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote        
Reserved for whatever I may need it for. Weeeee

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:02 am Reply with quote        
OPEN!~ Weeeee Oh Mai Hai

You may now post. A Bag of Silver to the first poster, just because. Hai

Also, be on the lookout for random silver and/or Fishnet Shirts. Oh Mai

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote        
Sly, how do I get some C? :O *pokes the title of the thread*

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:37 am Reply with quote        
hmm. that C could mean a multitude of things.

Cheetos?
Chocolate?
CHU??

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote        
I love Sly's contests! They are always super fun :3 Guess I'll have to find time to do this!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
Sly, how do I get some C? :O *pokes the title of the thread*

Hmm....It's a secret. Oh Mai

*Throws bag of silver at your face.*

Hopefully some people will enter. It will be more fun that way.~

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:51 am Reply with quote        
Hello!

I'm excited there's a creative writing/artsy contest! Happy Can the story about the library have to be from a personal experience or can I write about aliens, or something?

Also, yay for three day weekends!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:53 am Reply with quote        
This seems like a lot of fun? Maybe I'll write a short story about a killer librarian or something. Who hides her victims' bodies in the stacks!

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:16 am Reply with quote        
Awesome idea! xD; Anything you can think of goes, so have fun! Hai

Say: Nope, it doesn't have to be from a personal experience at all! Make something up if you wish, and if you can find a way to fit in aliens then go for it! The only stipulation is that it has to be something to do with a library.

Otherwise, how is everyone lately? Good I hope.~

CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:19 am Reply with quote        
Hmm. I once RP'd in a game where the librarian turned those who harmed the library into books. Biographies, in fact.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote        
Haha...that honestly sounds really cool...to me, anyway. Laugh
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next