Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Rite of Passage pt. 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [game] Help Me Translate
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote        
What I've been doing is reading the text until I come up with an idea that I think is similar to what the text is trying to say, and start writing. I take sections of the original text and use that wording, and try to give my version a 'myths and legends' feel for the writing. Sometimes I add extra bits in, to make it smoother. For me, it's a bit like taking a simple story and stretching and adding to it a bit.

If I was going to re-tell this legend to someone, what would I say?

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote        
I take the given text as a translation train wreck and literally try to work out what it SHOULD be, actually translate it from Babelfishian. That's getting harder and harder, though, as the actually given texts on their own are actually making sense on their own. Obviously, Rasana's getting better at translating.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:27 am Reply with quote        
Okay, I think I get it now. Thank you for all the clarifications and examples, guys. Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, it seems like Rasana has a better grasp on the language. But that also might mean she'll be translating more at a time...

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote        
Interpretations for Chapter 3 will be closing tonight at 8pm eastern time! (GMT -5) So be sure to get your entries in before then.

Rasana Kiran
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quote        
Evening everyone. I am excited to say that this is probably the most accurate translation so far! Everyone's contributions were some of the most accurate turned in since we started, and helped a tremendous amount. Here's chapter three, completed:

Quote:
Ch. 3, The Rebellion

As time went on, the deities began to care little for the skirmishes of the small creatures, only intervening when such problems threatened to impact them. Eventually, they decided to build a home among the stars, and filled it with the riches they had amassed, leaving the humans behind. It was a lush green satellite that circled the Earth, allowing them to keep a watchful eye on their creation, while also keeping themselves at a distance.

This act did not go unnoticed, however, and eventually war began to plague the world. The humans blamed each other for this exodus, hoping to appease their gods by exterminating the ones whom they claimed were the cause. No violence would ever change the mind of their creators though, and would only continue to push them away.

It wasn't until many years later that they realized the deities had left on their own accord. They were united in their anger towards their creators, who abandoned and left them to fend for themselves, so they could live in a world of plenty above. They formed an alliance, and from them rose a great leader who rallied those who were left against the gods. They had directly started a rebellion, cursing the deities for their neglect, and going on to live without them.

After many years, the human who led this people to prosper rallied the citizens once again. For he had a plan, a plan that would make the deities equal to the humans they created. Their target was the Garden, as the satellite had come to be called, which would be passing directly over their city during a Solar Eclipse. At once he brought together the greatest architects of the world, and together planned a great tower that would reach past the clouds. A tower that would stand above, and act as a conduit between Earth and the Garden.

Construction commenced, and at the end of the year the tower was nearing the first quarter of completion, on schedule for the eclipse that would happen within the next four years. They made sure that the deities would be unaware of their motives, continuously acting as though it was a temple made in reverence of them. Performing daily rituals, and adorning it with reliefs of the deities were only a few of the methods used.

By the time the tower reached the halfway mark, a mysterious entity appeared at the gates of the city. They demanded counsel with the human leader, declaring the urgency of their message. The leader had him brought to the center of the city, where he conducted the affairs of his people. The entity looked like no more than a mere man, albeit with a towering stature and unusual aura about him.

The human asked for his name, but the visitor said that he had no spoken one.

“I guess we will need to find you one.”

The one with the most exact interpretation was Scarlet SilverFire. Please let me know which 2012/2013 relic you want. You can find a list of them here.

The rough translation for chapter four will be out very soon. I look forward to seeing what contributions everyone will have.

(OOC: I apologize for the delay. A few things came up which prevented me from getting this out. Thanks again for all of your entries! This batch was by far the best one yet. Keep up the good work.)
Rasana Kiran
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, here we are. The rough translation of chapter 4:

Quote:
Soon whispers of rebellion came to a their ears, sailed upon the wind, itself was alive. Their response was violent, hitting the tower and everyone who lives under. All that remains from buried miles below the surface, to ensure that people do not challenge the sovereignty again. Planted fear in the hearts of people, but traveled around the country in search of a new leader of the uprising.

Simply message me your interpretation.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote        
There are only two entries so far for the current paragraph, and you can still enter. Please get them in within the next two days.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote        
Entries will be accepted until 8pm est time tonight. Please get them in as soon as you can.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote        
Anything new on the translations?

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3