Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Rite of Passage pt. 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [game] Help Me Translate
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote        
It looks very much like you wrote the original, then threw it through some online translater until it became a train wreck, then asked us what you originally put through. This looks fun, though.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote        
Catghost wrote:
Is that your interpreation, CopperSpiral? You will need to message that to Rasana Kiran for it to count. Smile

And there's 6 more chapters we need to interpret! Better get to work guys!

Oh! Okay. I thought it needed to be posted here. >__< Derp. I'll go message that. Thanks for the heads up!

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote        
Well, if you mean threw it through a translator as in Rasana, then why yes, that's exactly what happened. Hai

And thanks, CopperSpiral!

If we don't get another response by this evening we'll move on to the next chapter.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
gataki_xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote        
So that explains this sentence: "This at last, however"! It looked as though half the sentence was missing XD

Just gotta read through my interpretation one more time... something still sounds messy...
Rasana Kiran
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm. Impressive.
I've concluded my translation of the first part of this text. Hopefully everything is accurate, each of your intepretations helped me understand what it was trying to convey.

Here is the first chapter of one of the oldest creation lores of our world:

Quote:
Creation

Ch. 1, The Beginning

At the beginning there was only an empty plane, flat and endless, that existed outside the constraints of time. Within it lived four beings who moved and existed as one entity. These entities separated, and began to expand within the plane, rapidly moving outward, until what we know as the universe was created and the plane was no more. The friction from their expansion bore stars that spun in the wake left as they traveled outward, creating galaxies. The beings did not witness these events, however. It was as if they had been lost during the birth of the first stars. They turned from the swells of light bursting through what had once been total blackness, and when they turned back, the stars had been born. They realized that they were no longer confined to their plane, and were able to move freely throughout the great expanse of space, able to explore it in all its wonders.

With movement brought time, and eventually, the first death. One of the beings witnessed this death by chance. Of the limitless stars in this young frontier, the being watched this one as it changed. Over the next six billion years, the star to swelled and darkened, throwing out waves of heat and gas that lapped at the empty space surrounding it. As the star continued to grow, the being had to turn away from its awesome power; and in their retreat, they did not witness the destruction of chunks of rock and ice surrounding the massive ball of gas. Soon, everything that had once surrounded the star was gone, and the being mistakenly thought that the display was over.

The following wonder that the being witnessed was nothing like they'd ever seen. The star, after mounting to such a massive size, collapsed with a great surge of energy. The sudden change was barely recognized by the being, for no sooner than it shrank did the star explode out again. No more was the tumultuous gas confined to its tightly-bound ball. It spread out in all directions, shining light through multi-colored clouds of dust and debris. And for a brief moment, there was peace. The being watched in astonishment as the foundations of the star floated through the emptiness that it had left behind. The being felt a great sense of loss, never before imagining the phenomenon that had just played out in front of them.

But, as the being mourned the star's death, new and grander structures were born from its remains. The stillness ended as clouds of dust began to coil up in pillars, stretching out as far as the being could see. Some clouds collided, and the being watched as new stars were born. Just as they had done before, the newborn stars spun around invisible cores as they sailed out into space, growing in size and power as they did. The being did not follow them, but instead remained in the mixing clouds of dust and gas. They remained there for billions more years, watching countless similar scenes again and again, until finally, they had seen enough.

They sought out the others, and they all converged to share their stories of discoveries. The one who had saw the death told them of it, leaving the others in stupor at the idea, the very thought. For their world had always been constant and without loss, a new horizon was brought on by the experience, enveloping them in a deep curiosity.

The beings were enthralled by the idea of something “dying”, only to be born again even more beautiful and grand. And so they went forth into the stars, to build from death something beautiful. With the discovery of a natural death and re-birth, they wondered if they could cause these events themselves. They sought out dying stars, waiting so that they could take the remains and spin them into spheres, hanging them around a grand star they named “Sun”. Beautiful worlds were carved out into the spheres, and painted with all the colors the beings witnessed during their journeys. The beings were pleased with their creations, and carefully watched them.

They saw the darkness painted across the spheres opposite of the sun, perplexed. They wanted their creations to always be seen, but when they tried to make the sun brighter, it simply burned away the surface of the closest sphere. They learned that light must be limited, or their creations would burn away. So they set the spheres in motion, circling around the sun, allowing for the surfaces to be seen in light, but also protected away in the darkness. They called this cycle Day and Night.

As the newly made planets spun in an endless cycle, the beings continued to observe them. Day and night, day and night, until one of the beings spoke up.

“Let us make others so that they might see our creations.”

I'll have the rough translation for chapter two out soon. In the mean time, the one who had the most accurate interpretation was KathiraNarae. Please let me know which 2012/2013 relic you want. You can find a list of them here.

Everyone else who entered will also get a silver prize. Thank you again for your assistance.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote        
Who do I PM which Relic I want? Rasana?

WEREWOLVES!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
Rasana or me. Also, I forgot to alert everyone that the second part is up. Feel free to start sending in your interpretations! We've got five more to go after this.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Rasana Kiran
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote        
Tonight I will let everyone know which interpretation was the most accurate, so you have until 8pm est to send in yours if you haven't already!
Rasana Kiran
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
Again, a very impressive lot everyone turned in. I've managed to finish up my analysis and translation of the second chapter:

Quote:
Ch. 2, Golden Age

Over time the worlds, which the deities created, changed in their own ways. The first sphere was burned so badly that it was no more than a barren wasteland, and the second eventually gave way to the same fate. It was only upon the third a grand and lush world survived, thriving in prime conditions to facilitate life. It was upon this world the Deities chose to bring forth creatures like themselves, so they might experience the beauty of the world.

The beings each took from the world different materials, and used them to create the first sentient creatures. The fish of the sea were born from water, the foul of the skies from air, and creatures who crawled upon the ground from earth. But it was the flame that brought forth a creature very different from the rest. They called it man, not born from a single element but from all that formed the world. What set it apart was the spark held inside it, a spark that would eventually become a flame. The beings were young, however, and ignorant of how dangerous a flame could be.

They watched these new creatures as they traveled through the world, realizing how different they were from the rest. They were able to experience its surroundings in a way similar to that of the divine beings themselves. They were able to marvel at the beauty, a trait the other creatures lacked. What set them apart the most, however, was their ability to create, mirroring its own makers.

The beings saw this, and at once wished to commune with them. To teach them and share with them their knowledge, and to help them create. So they went down upon the earth, each one taking on the forms from which they created from: Water, Earth, Wind and Fire. They revealed themselves to the humans, who were in complete awe at the forms of their divine forms. They called them deities, in reverence to their immense power.

The deities were intrigued by this reaction, as they watched them perform strange dances, always bowing when they were in their presence. Soon the humans began to erect shrines and buildings in honor of them, extremely ornate in their design, and decorated with statues of the deities themselves. The deities enjoyed the courtesy, indulging themselves in offerings that the humans brought them. Silks, jewels, fragrance, gold and wine were only a small fraction of the tribute given to them, for which they would perform small miracles in return.

These miracles were seen as unimportant, or insignificant by the deities, who could complete them on a whim. They brought water to lands in drought, lush gardens to those who were in famine, and fire to the cold. But soon the deities began to demand even more in exchange for these miracles, taking everything from the humans in their pursuit of luxury.

The person with the most accurate interpretation was CopperSpiral. Please let me know which 2012/2013 relic you want. You can find a list of them here.
(PM Catghost your choice)

If you've entered again for chapter two, you will get an additional 500 silver. Silver will be sent out asap.

The third chapter will be up soon.
Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote        
DARN....I was 2 min late.......that's the last time i look at mido clock D:
*waits patiently for chapter 3 to come out*

I have a question though....could you win more than once here? or those it all depend on the amount of participants? C:
Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote        
Admittedly, I'm a little confused by this contest. ^^; The Chapters already seem straight forward, so I'm not sure what it means by "translate" them. Just, fix the grammar? Or am I suppose to make things up that were possibly edited out based on clues from the entire chapter?

It would be helpful to see the first chapter then it's revision so I can tell what it's suppose to be like/what I should be doing. I'm probably the only person overthinking this. ^^;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote        
Say, both versions of Chapter two are on the first page of the thread right now. Check those if you're unsure.

WEREWOLVES!
Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote        
So, the first version simply has some parts of the tale, and we are meant to expand on it to make it a believable story? Like how humans dancing and the dieties taking elemental forms wasn't mentioned at all, but these details can be imagined and added to the story? So if I thought the story might go into the direction of alien helpers...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote        
Alright, here's what I've gotten for chapter 3:

Chapter 3 wrote:
Chapter 3

As time passed, they began to fight the onset of small concerns, intervening only when such problems affect them. Finally, it was decided to build a house in the stars, and filled with good things accumulated, leaving the creation alone. It was the orbit of the satellites in the land of sky and green, allowing them to guard their eye over the works, while at a distance.

What act had been made should not perish, but instead war came as a plague. Among men blamed to this exodus, killed in hopes to appease their gods. Never change the opinion of the of their creators through violence, and shall scatter them always.

Make sure to PM me your interpretations.
Rasana Kiran
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote        
Saygen, I'm in the process of translating the chapters. When I post a new chapter, like the third one above me, they are rough and unfinished.

The idea is that additional input and outside opinions will allow me to translate quicker and more accurately. You are only interpreting the paragraph posted. Nothing more.

Does that make sense?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next