Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Rite of Passage pt. 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [game] Help Me Translate
Rasana Kiran
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
Hey, I know everyone is busy working on the reconstruction project, but since I can't really help with that... I thought I'd work on what would be going inside it instead. It's a very old scroll - probably one of the oldest in our collection, so it seems fitting for it to be the first one to be placed in the library.

The age doesn't help me though, as it's written in an old dead language, and is very tricky to understand... yet alone translate properly. If you could, take a look at what I have so far and let me know your interpretation? I'm collecting as much input on this as possible, to make the final translation as accurate as possible.
Rasana Kiran
NPC
NPC

How to play!

Alright, so you want to help us translate this old scroll, hmm? Well, it's pretty simple... for you, anyway. It's been months and I've only gotten the first chapter finished, if you could even say that. My translation is pretty rough, so if you could, just take a look over it and let me know your interpretation? Maybe if I get enough input I'll be able to translate it better.

RULES Arrow
    You may only enter one interpretation for each chapter.
    You may NOT post it in this thread, PM your entry to Rasana Kiran.
    You are allowed to discuss your ideas with other users.

Simply read this paragraph and PM Rasana Kiran your interpretation. Once we receive at least 5 of these, the first chapter of Midorea's creation story will be posted. We will do this for each chapter.

Chapter 4 wrote:
Chapter 4

Soon whispers of rebellion came to a their ears, sailed upon the wind, itself was alive. Their response was violent, hitting the tower and everyone who lives under. All that remains from buried miles below the surface, to ensure that people do not challenge the sovereignty again. Planted fear in the hearts of people, but traveled around the country in search of a new leader of the uprising.

Prizes

Arrow Everyone who enters an interpretation will get 500 silver.
    Arrow The person whose interpretation is the most accurate will receive a 2012/2013 relic of their choice.
    There are 7 chapters, so 7 chances to win.
    Arrow Special awards will be given to users who contribute the most.

Rasana Kiran
NPC
NPC

Completed chapters

Quote:
Creation

Ch. 1, The Beginning

At the beginning there was only an empty plane, flat and endless, that existed outside the constraints of time. Within it lived four beings who moved and existed as one entity. These entities separated, and began to expand within the plane, rapidly moving outward, until what we know as the universe was created and the plane was no more. The friction from their expansion bore stars that spun in the wake left as they traveled outward, creating galaxies. The beings did not witness these events, however. It was as if they had been lost during the birth of the first stars. They turned from the swells of light bursting through what had once been total blackness, and when they turned back, the stars had been born. They realized that they were no longer confined to their plane, and were able to move freely throughout the great expanse of space, able to explore it in all its wonders.

With movement brought time, and eventually, the first death. One of the beings witnessed this death by chance. Of the limitless stars in this young frontier, the being watched this one as it changed. Over the next six billion years, the star to swelled and darkened, throwing out waves of heat and gas that lapped at the empty space surrounding it. As the star continued to grow, the being had to turn away from its awesome power; and in their retreat, they did not witness the destruction of chunks of rock and ice surrounding the massive ball of gas. Soon, everything that had once surrounded the star was gone, and the being mistakenly thought that the display was over.

The following wonder that the being witnessed was nothing like they'd ever seen. The star, after mounting to such a massive size, collapsed with a great surge of energy. The sudden change was barely recognized by the being, for no sooner than it shrank did the star explode out again. No more was the tumultuous gas confined to its tightly-bound ball. It spread out in all directions, shining light through multi-colored clouds of dust and debris. And for a brief moment, there was peace. The being watched in astonishment as the foundations of the star floated through the emptiness that it had left behind. The being felt a great sense of loss, never before imagining the phenomenon that had just played out in front of them.

But, as the being mourned the star's death, new and grander structures were born from its remains. The stillness ended as clouds of dust began to coil up in pillars, stretching out as far as the being could see. Some clouds collided, and the being watched as new stars were born. Just as they had done before, the newborn stars spun around invisible cores as they sailed out into space, growing in size and power as they did. The being did not follow them, but instead remained in the mixing clouds of dust and gas. They remained there for billions more years, watching countless similar scenes again and again, until finally, they had seen enough.

They sought out the others, and they all converged to share their stories of discoveries. The one who had saw the death told them of it, leaving the others in stupor at the idea, the very thought. For their world had always been constant and without loss, a new horizon was brought on by the experience, enveloping them in a deep curiosity.

The beings were enthralled by the idea of something “dying”, only to be born again even more beautiful and grand. And so they went forth into the stars, to build from death something beautiful. With the discovery of a natural death and re-birth, they wondered if they could cause these events themselves. They sought out dying stars, waiting so that they could take the remains and spin them into spheres, hanging them around a grand star they named “Sun”. Beautiful worlds were carved out into the spheres, and painted with all the colors the beings witnessed during their journeys. The beings were pleased with their creations, and carefully watched them.

They saw the darkness painted across the spheres opposite of the sun, perplexed. They wanted their creations to always be seen, but when they tried to make the sun brighter, it simply burned away the surface of the closest sphere. They learned that light must be limited, or their creations would burn away. So they set the spheres in motion, circling around the sun, allowing for the surfaces to be seen in light, but also protected away in the darkness. They called this cycle Day and Night.

As the newly made planets spun in an endless cycle, the beings continued to observe them. Day and night, day and night, until one of the beings spoke up.

“Let us make others so that they might see our creations.”

Ch. 2, Golden Age

Over time the worlds, which the deities created, changed in their own ways. The first sphere was burned so badly that it was no more than a barren wasteland, and the second eventually gave way to the same fate. It was only upon the third a grand and lush world survived, thriving in prime conditions to facilitate life. It was upon this world the Deities chose to bring forth creatures like themselves, so they might experience the beauty of the world.

The beings each took from the world different materials, and used them to create the first sentient creatures. The fish of the sea were born from water, the foul of the skies from air, and creatures who crawled upon the ground from earth. But it was the flame that brought forth a creature very different from the rest. They called it man, not born from a single element but from all that formed the world. What set it apart was the spark held inside it, a spark that would eventually become a flame. The beings were young, however, and ignorant of how dangerous a flame could be.

They watched these new creatures as they traveled through the world, realizing how different they were from the rest. They were able to experience its surroundings in a way similar to that of the divine beings themselves. They were able to marvel at the beauty, a trait the other creatures lacked. What set them apart the most, however, was their ability to create, mirroring its own makers.

The beings saw this, and at once wished to commune with them. To teach them and share with them their knowledge, and to help them create. So they went down upon the earth, each one taking on the forms from which they created from: Water, Earth, Wind and Fire. They revealed themselves to the humans, who were in complete awe at the forms of their divine forms. They called them deities, in reverence to their immense power.

The deities were intrigued by this reaction, as they watched them perform strange dances, always bowing when they were in their presence. Soon the humans began to erect shrines and buildings in honor of them, extremely ornate in their design, and decorated with statues of the deities themselves. The deities enjoyed the courtesy, indulging themselves in offerings that the humans brought them. Silks, jewels, fragrance, gold and wine were only a small fraction of the tribute given to them, for which they would perform small miracles in return.

These miracles were seen as unimportant, or insignificant by the deities, who could complete them on a whim. They brought water to lands in drought, lush gardens to those who were in famine, and fire to the cold. But soon the deities began to demand even more in exchange for these miracles, taking everything from the humans in their pursuit of luxury.

Quote:
Rebellion

Ch. 3, The Rebellion

As time went on, the deities began to care little for the skirmishes of the small creatures, only intervening when such problems threatened to impact them. Eventually, they decided to build a home among the stars, and filled it with the riches they had amassed, leaving the humans behind. It was a lush green satellite that circled the Earth, allowing them to keep a watchful eye on their creation, while also keeping themselves at a distance.

This act did not go unnoticed, however, and eventually war began to plague the world. The humans blamed each other for this exodus, hoping to appease their gods by exterminating the ones whom they claimed were the cause. No violence would ever change the mind of their creators though, and would only continue to push them away.

It wasn't until many years later that they realized the deities had left on their own accord. They were united in their anger towards their creators, who abandoned and left them to fend for themselves, so they could live in a world of plenty above. They formed an alliance, and from them rose a great leader who rallied those who were left against the gods. They had directly started a rebellion, cursing the deities for their neglect, and going on to live without them.

After many years, the human who led this people to prosper rallied the citizens once again. For he had a plan, a plan that would make the deities equal to the humans they created. Their target was the Garden, as the satellite had come to be called, which would be passing directly over their city during a Solar Eclipse. At once he brought together the greatest architects of the world, and together planned a great tower that would reach past the clouds. A tower that would stand above, and act as a conduit between Earth and the Garden.

Construction commenced, and at the end of the year the tower was nearing the first quarter of completion, on schedule for the eclipse that would happen within the next four years. They made sure that the deities would be unaware of their motives, continuously acting as though it was a temple made in reverence of them. Performing daily rituals, and adorning it with reliefs of the deities were only a few of the methods used.

By the time the tower reached the halfway mark, a mysterious entity appeared at the gates of the city. They demanded counsel with the human leader, declaring the urgency of their message. The leader had him brought to the center of the city, where he conducted the affairs of his people. The entity looked like no more than a mere man, albeit with a towering stature and unusual aura about him.

The human asked for his name, but the visitor said that he had no spoken one.

“I guess we will need to find you one.”

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm, alright. So apparently there was an empty room, and outside of it flat bodies were everywhere. Otherwise I got nothing.

Anyone else have any ideas?

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:32 am Reply with quote        
I'm so...bad at riddles. D: A Big Bang, maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:09 am Reply with quote        
That's an interesting take. Smile And it's less of a riddle, and more of just interpreting what it means. There's no one right answer.

CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
I'm a derp. Edited this to follow the rules.

-__- There goes 130 karma.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
gataki_xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm just out of curiosity and cause I don't know where to check, how many people were involved in the original creation of this site?
Have an idea about the four people part but I'm not too sure ^^;
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote        
There were two people originally.

gataki_xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote        
-crumples up the paper and tosses in the garbage-
So much for that idea.
Thanks for the answer (:
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote        
If it helps, the creation lore isn't related to the actual /creation/ of the website.

http://midorea.com/story.php

CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote        
Catghost wrote:
If it helps, the creation lore isn't related to the actual /creation/ of the website.

http://midorea.com/story.php

Oh! I wish I'd known about this before posting. Derp. I do feel vindicated in guessing correctly about the multiple-earth part. It shows up in a lot of myths.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
gataki_xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote        
XD Yep that helps! And yay! An interesting story to read!

After that, it's time to work on theory number three...
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I wouldn't rely too much on what we have on that page. Most of it is old and the lore has been changed, but most of it - like the multiple earths - remains.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote        
Is that your interpreation, CopperSpiral? You will need to message that to Rasana Kiran for it to count. Smile

And there's 6 more chapters we need to interpret! Better get to work guys!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next