Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Rite of Passage pt. 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [contest] Donate Your Work!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote        
I could be getting a little ahead of myself here, but I’m eager to pull together some material to fill the remodeled library with! So, I want to give you all the opportunity to put your own writing on our official story page. I want everyone to have fun with this, but be sure to read the rules before you enter!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote        
    Rules
  • Anything placed on the story page will be credited to its creator.
  • By entering this contest, you are acknowledging that the work entered is your own. Do not borrow, copy, or mimic anyone else. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
  • No more than 3 entries per user. If you try to enter on more than one account, all of your entries will be disqualified.
  • You may develop new characters or explore areas that we haven’t gone into yet, but stay close to the original lore. If your entry is too outlandish, it won’t win.
  • By submitting an entry, you are giving us the right to use your work on our story page. Even non-winning entries could be placed on the page if they stick with us.
  • You may enter things like short stories, poems, maps, or even images. The requirement here is that all entries must include some sort of text – even if that text is just a title and description.
  • The deadline is on the last day of the event! So as long as this forum is open, you may enter.

Use the following entry form, please. You may post entries in this thread.
Code:
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Type of content[/b]: (image, map, catalog, story, etc.)
[b]Subject[/b]: (deities, tribes, people, creatures, etc.)
[b]Entry[/b]:
[b]Anything else[/b]?

Chu
Assistant Admin

Prizes
1st place: full EI set, 20 gold, The Enchanted Ones, entry placed in the library
2nd place: full EI set, 10 gold, Actias Lunaris Masquerade
3rd place: full EI set, 5 gold, Phoenix

Page Prizes
Page 5: 250 silver
Page 10: Scrolls of Novus Ekleipsis

Chu
Assistant Admin

Reserved for entries. You may post!

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote        
This is a cool idea! I will have to read up on my Midorea lore, though. I've only been around for a couple of the events.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:41 am Reply with quote        
You can read up on the events in the archives at the bottom of the main forum page. And of course, I'll be in this thread to chat and answer questions. You don't need to feel too restricted to the straight lore though. As long as we can easily imagine your entry taking place in Midorea, it will be qualified for this contest.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:43 am Reply with quote        
Wow, I'll have to give this some serious thought and hopefully come up with some good entries. This is a really neat contest idea though. Weeeee
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote        
I'm glad people are interested in it. ^^ I can't wait to see the entries.

How has everyone been lately? I've been so busy with school that I've barely been on at all.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote        
I have an idea, but I have no idea what all of the official species in Midorea are, let alone which are just birds. Could you please give me a list of all the Midorean birds so I can get to work on my entry?

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote        
We have the Eloquial Dove and Apathetial Crow. We also have the Phoenix, and the Songbird which has no items, but you can fight in the battle system. Lothar has bird-like wings but it's really a gryphon. Same with dragons, to an extent. They're, well, dragons.

Did I answer your question sufficiently? I focused on bird items, so if you were generally looking for birds of Midorea, then I probably didn't. As for small regular birds, they probably have similar birds to what we have. Take the Songbird, for example. For the most part, it looks similar to our birds.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
We have the Eloquial Dove and Apathetial Crow. We also have the Phoenix, and the Songbird which has no items, but you can fight in the battle system. Lothar has bird-like wings but it's really a gryphon. Same with dragons, to an extent. They're, well, dragons.

Did I answer your question sufficiently? I focused on bird items, so if you were generally looking for birds of Midorea, then I probably didn't. As for small regular birds, they probably have similar birds to what we have. Take the Songbird, for example. For the most part, it looks similar to our birds.

Except it's gigantic and scary.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote        
This is true. XD Do we have an official record of the size of monsters? We should put that somewhere.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote        
Oh yeah, like a pokedex.

Midex. Midodex. Midoredex.
Fantastical Creatures of Midorea and Where to Find Them.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote        
I was looking for birds of Midorea, but your answer was sufficient. Like reality, except with a few additional species. I'll have to pick through the other bits about Midorea to work out what reality birds to put in, but thanks!

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote        
I was wondering....and i don't mean to be rude....C'x
but what happened to the other contests? it seems winner where never announced o:

I plan to enter this one as well Happy, though it will be hard to do so.
Midorea's lore is LONG and hard to find....or am i missing something important? x'D
I know the just of the tribes but i don't know them in-depth. We can some sort of children's story type of legend right? i think that would be fun Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next