Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Rite of Passage pt. 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [info] Rite of Passage
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:59 pm Reply with quote        

Event lasts from November 7th - 21st

The Millennial Transit occurred over one year ago. Midoreans entered a New Earth, avoiding total annihilation by proving to the Deities that they are worthy of living through a new era. It is customary that a new tribe is added to Midorea with each new Earth, but political affairs have slowed to a near halt, and the tribe of Usri – home to Rasana Kiran and Arcis Amar, ushers of the Eighth Earth – has yet to be officially added to the Seven Holy Tribes.

Rasana and Arcis have returned to the Great Gated City, this time with a modest petition for their tribe to be accepted among the Seven Holy Tribes. If Usri becomes a Holy Tribe, those Seven will become Eight, and the humans can face the Eighth Earth in true unity. And, according to Usrians, the inhabitants of Midorea can come to own a great wealth of knowledge.

Usrians have gathered lost tomes on the history of the other tribes, as well as information on the state of the land outside the tribes. They are known for the massive library kept at the heart of their city, and they have declared that they will share all of this information with the rest of Midorea should they be accepted among the Holy Tribes. Rasana and Arcis have planned out a reconstruction project for the library in the Great Gated City. Although the project will take a long time to complete, they are confident that this contribution to Midorea will prove their worthiness among the other tribes.

or | | Retweet

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:59 pm Reply with quote        

Arcis is quiet, not exactly shy, but not the most talkative. He rarely strikes up conversations, but is always willing to supply information if he’s asked. Arcis shows a blank face, generally looking at the feet, but that is just the epistemology that he grew up with. Humility is fitting of his caste, which is why he isn’t a chatterbox. If he’s alone with friends, however, he’ll open up quite a bit. Arcis is hopeful for the future, and believes that the cycle will not result in the destruction of the civilization. He takes his duty as messenger for the Deities very seriously, and will do his best to help his fellow Midoreans, although the wishes of the Deities do come first. Arcis is an optimist, and makes the best of any and all situations.
He was born the Usri equivalent of a Vaishya, and was destined to be a craftsman since birth. His family had always created lanterns, or other sources of light, and Arcis has been working with light since he could walk. He became a superior craftsman at a young age, and is on his way to becoming a master-craftsmen. His journey to mastery was yanked to a halt when the Deities called him to be their messenger, however Arcis did not mind. The Usri society is very spiritual (the priests are spiritual to a fault, because they have nothing else to focus on) and being called upon for a divine purpose is a great honor, especially for someone of Arcis’ caste. Arcis intends to fulfill his mission, and to take an incredible journey to a far-off land, and to help a strange civilization get through these dark times.

Rasana is nowhere near as likable as Arcis. She is stricter, and harsher in her decisions and judgements, and is much more solemn. She rarely smiles, and she is here only to do her duty. She does not give out unnecessary information, and will scold Arcis for talking too much. She wants to complete her job, then get back to doing…whatever it was she did back home. However, despite the fact that she can be annoying, Rasana is wise for her age, and very intelligent. She knows what to do, and has realistic expectations of the people around her. She does not let her emotions get in the way what must be done, and puts aside personal prejudices for the greater good. Rasana does not believe in second chances. If you fail at one thing, you can redeem yourself in her eyes, but it will take work. Rasana views this duty as a duty, not an opportunity.
She grew up with the best of everything. Good food, good clothes, good educations. She took advantage of her position, and studied dutifully. She has spent years meditating, trying to achieve enlightenment. Most of her time was spent cooped up in the library, or at temples, or at universities, and while Rasana doesn’t ignore the other castes, she doesn’t try to understand them. When Rasana was chosen as messenger of the Deities, she accepted the task easily enough. It was an honor, and a burden, but the Deities wouldn’t have chosen her unless they knew she could do it…right?

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote        
Wallpaper

Phone Background

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote        
Credits
Chu wrote the introduction and quest dialogue.
Catghost pixeled the items.
Aquarius-Chan drew the background art.
Kaishi did the NPC art.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote        
Event is OPEN! Have fun! Weeeee

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Eboneye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote        
I must have missed the info this somewhere.Sometime my reading comprehension is zip. Do we get karma by fighting battles or posting?
Never mind.
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:55 am Reply with quote        
This is my first Event, is there anything I should know?

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Areishia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quote        
This event sounds like a lot of fun! The plot is rather interesting as well :3. Since I'm unlikely to find a lot of people to chat with due to my timezone I hope a lot of the monsters in the Great Gated City drop building materials ^^;.
Areishia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quote        
@CopperSpiral: Well, your inventory is sure to become quite cluttered, that's for sure and whenever you have enough materials you'll have to speak with the NPC that gave you the quest to gain your item. Aside from that Have fun :3.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:12 am Reply with quote        
Basically, Copper, I'd say participation is key. Just make sure you're posting and checking up on Event Forums. After all, events are mainly for the users so just play along. I know that was vague. Sorry. Sweat But it's the best advice I've got.... Was there anything specific you needed to know about? Don't hesitate to ask if there is. ^^;

Also, Cat: just a head's up in order to get the Carpenter Hammer the Event Page says to bring 10 Construction Materials to Arcis Amar, but when you talk to him in the Great Gated City he says to bring him 8 Construction Materials. Just letting you know for consistency's sake. Sweat

Thank you for all your hard work on this event, as always guys. Sorry I've been a little MIA as of late. Sweat

Areishia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:43 am Reply with quote        
Speaking about the construction material, I think it might be a bit too rare as a monster drop, I've had 41 rounds by now and not even one of the monsters/opponents/whatever they're called dropped even one. I'm battling in the Great Gated City right now, would the drop rate increase if I battled elsewhere on the map...?
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote        
Thank you for telling us that, Areisha. You should be getting drops now. ^^ The only monsters that drop it will be in the GGC. Try fighting again and tell us if it's still too rare. Not all monsters will drop it. If you're fighting a monster that could conceivably carry around Reconstruction Materials, like a human-type monster, then they probably drop the item.

(It may be hard to believe that ghosts can carry around wood and all that, but who knows. Ghosts can move objects, right? It's at least more believable than getting them from Lizards.)

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote        
Alright, Arcis now requires 8, as he says in his dialogue. Sorry for the slip up!

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Areishia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote        
It's working perfectly now Happy! Thank you very much for fixing/adjusting it so quickly :3.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next