Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Information Kiosk
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:11 am Reply with quote        
My "Blast of" spells are falling a bit short now that I'm level 11, so I've been acquiring elemental weapons.

My two questions are:

Is there a way to get higher powered spells?

Is there a way to search weapons by element?
(I'm particularly in need of a fire weapon, and I can't yet afford the fire sword.)
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote        
Thank you for telling us when those spells stop being so helpful. If anyone else has feedback on that particular issue, I'm open to hearing it. I'd like to make another set of spells for higher leveled users, so I need to know what level they should be restricted at. Feedback on the ideal power for those spells would be helpful as well.

The spells in the shop are the only ones currently available, but as I said, I'm looking into making new ones. And currently, I don't think that there is a way to sort items by element. But, I can see why that would be needed. I'll talk to the devs about adding in that feature for v3.

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote        
As far as I can tell, there are no higher level/power spells. Dunno if it's in the plan, or if I just missed something (which is likely, school's killing my brain right now), but it would probably be a good addition, right? (Dunno, I never used magical characters, but it seems logical... Neutral)

And I don't think there's a way to search weapons by element. Not an "official" way, anyway. A user made this thread a while ago, but it still needs a lot of info and update. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but if people want add things, I can always update it when I get time (if Kimi isn't around to take care of it).

For a fire weapon, I'd suggest looking for past event items in the marketplace, especially the ones involving the fire dragons (like the Huo svarde/ventus). Of course you'd have the trouble of finding them, and the price maybe be high (I have no idea, really, but it should be lower than the blade of fire anyway), and they don't have that much duration, but they're fire weapons.

Edit: Pff, got ninja'ed by Chu... Hai

CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I deliberately spec'd for a magic user. Since I started using the spells at level 3 or so, I get 12 damage when using the proper counter element. At level 11, that's not really a lot of damage. I use up a lot of apples to win battles. However, considering my low physical attack scores, the blasts are sometimes the only way to get hits.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote        
What traits do you put points into when you level up?

CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:04 pm Reply with quote        
My Int and Wis started with 18 and 18, respectively. I started with 13 Dex, and had been dumping points into that. When I got elemental weapons I spent some points bringing up the scores needed to wield them. My current thought is to bump up any of the stats that I am lowest in, until everything is up to 18, then focus on the stats that work well with my class.

At level 12, my stats are:

Con: 16
Str: 15
Dex: 15
Int: 19
Wis: 18
Armour Class: 26

I haven't taken any of the classes to upgrade a particular stat (Still too pricey).

I realize I could have scrapped the character once I figured out that the Bard/Druid is a hard class to play, and rerolled for a fighter, but I really want to use magic, darnit.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote        
My other question is:

Would it be possible to list what elemental affinity a weapon is, next to its other information, from the drop-down selection during combat?

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote        
The spells are still the weaker option next to bashing things over the head with blunt objects at the moment, in my opinion anyways.

My characters intelligence is 60 now:

Normal spell - 29 damage.
Effective spell - 44 damage.
Weak spell - 22 damage.

I can't really remember the level at which they stopped being as useful though..

JOLLY COOPERATION!