Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2  Next
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote        
This is a drop-in, anything goes, no forms necessary RP thread in which your primary OCs (or any OC, really) can ask each other questions, all within a meeting room set up by my own OC, Lord Kathira Narae. This is a chance for anyone and everyone to flex their general RPing muscle and use their OCs if they want to. I imagine CopperSpiral will be happy about that!

If you don't have an OC and don't want one, you are perfectly fine to play yourself in the questioning and answering. You can drop in and out at anytime, and ask not just about OCs but their creation and worlds (if applicable). There is no limit to the number of OCs used, but please try to divide them up in some way in your post to limit confusion (unless your OC calls for it). Lord Narae will preside over proceedings and is also open to questioning.

Next post will set the scene and then posting for all is open.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote        
In an alley beside the Theater, a swirling dark purple portal appears. A short, gnarled, and decidedly spiky imp hops out, hammers a few signs into the ground beside it, then hops back in. The signs read 'Lord Kathira Narae's meeting room. Meeting place for discussions, decisions, questions, and answers. Enter, ye mortals.'

Through the portal is a grand looking room, lit by large globes of golden light strewn throughout the room, made of cold gray stone but with many rugs across the floor in colours of fire. The walls are covered in paintings, wall hangings, and occasional posters. To one side is a long wooden bar, with drinks of all kinds from across the multiverse on offer, and manned-if that's even the right word-by a surly looking anthro bear in a plain black uniform. There are many tables surrounded by chairs in the room, with the exception of a large throne at one end, black with blood red cushions and rather tastlessly decorated with spikes. There is an equally black and tastelessly spiked table beside the throne with a mug of coffee and a book on it. The throne is occupied by a tall, very muscular woman with long black hair and dressed in black trousers, sleeveless top and leather boots, with a sleeveless black leather coat on the outside and equally black and leather punk cuffs on both wrists. Her eyes are edge-to-edge dark purple, and she looks quite bored.

WEREWOLVES!
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote        
A woman with long, silver hair and amber eyes stopped beside the portal. She glanced at it anxiously, the slits in her eyes darting to the signs even as a small wind moved her black cloak a little. It was zipped all the way to the top, the collar raised to cover her mouth and nose, and hood raised to cover most of her hair, besides the strands that fell out. She had her hand on the hilt of one of her two swords, both on opposite sides of her hips. She decided that, even if this was a demon, she had best check it out. Who knew when a human with absolutely zero combat skills might stumble upon it, and if they did what would happen. She took a stetp towards it, pushing the tips of her fingers through the portal before stepping through.

Once through she glanced around at the lush room, her eyes settling with an accepting glance on the black table and throne. Her eyes finally settled on the woman sitting in the throne, and she gripped her sword a little tighter.
"What are you?" She demanded, eyes flashing dangerously.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote        
Lord Narae surveyed the newcomer with a raised eyebrow. 'What sort of a tone is that? I haven't killed anyone yet. Key word 'yet', you're on the fast track, little miss.' Her eyes flashed dangerously and she leaned forwards in her throne. 'Let me first state my name. I am the Lord Kathira Narae, the host of this meeting, and I am, strictly speaking, an elemental spirit. The world you're in now has a number of elements of magic, and I happen to be an elemental of darkness. Quite powerful, too. And functionally immortal, so you ca take your hand away from that sword. Now, your turn. Name and species, if you please.' She settled back and took a swig from her coffee mug.

WEREWOLVES!
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quote        
The newcomer looked at the woman carefully before sighing. "I suppose you don't smell like demon..." She muttered, letting her hand fall from the hilt of her sword. "I prefer not to give out my name to people I don't know, but many call me the Demon Hunter. I'm human, for the most part." She glanced behind her as though self conscious, her eyes beginning to search the room again. Her name was, in fact, Primlin the Demon Hunter. However, as she said, she rarely gives it out to people she doesn't know.
"What's up with this place?" She asked, gesturing around her as though it wasn't obvious.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:09 am Reply with quote        
Lord Narae shrugged nonchalently. 'It's just basement floor one in my fortress, nothing special. I got all the rugs, wall decorations, chairs, bar, all that stuff moved here, though, just for this meeting place between her and...Midorea, right? Unless you're asking about the whole damn fortress.'

WEREWOLVES!
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote        
Primlin shrugged a little, sitting down at one of the tables and bringing out a vial of a deep, purple liquid. She moved her collar just enough to bring the vial to her mouth, revealing only a part of it, but enough to see the stitches running across her lips. She downed the vial quickly, and brought her collar back up. "I was asking about it in general, but mostly about thi room."
Mock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote        
"I have a query too," said a quiet voice, seemingly from nowhere. Both hunter and lord heard it as if it were right next to them, and both looked around for the source; Primlin on immediate alert, Narae with an air of mild disinterest. A silver monocle emerged from behind a tapestry, a black, flowing robe gradually materialising around it. The spectre continued, "The sign says, 'Enter, ye mortals.' What about us mortui, those who are no longer mortal?"

WEREWOLVES!
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
Prim glared at the monocule, recognizing it immediately as a ghost. (oy now, no controlling other people's characters, mk? :P) "I can't speak for her but I would assume if I put up a sign that said such I would mean any creature that is or was a mortal." She muttered around her collar, adjusting her hood slightly to better hide her face.
Mock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
"Ah, that clears it up, thank you," replied the robed phantom. "The Midoreans that see me call me Mock, by the way. I would shake your hand, but I'm sure you can see the barriers to that notion."

(Sorry, I just find it easier to describe/introduce a character through the eyes of others.)

WEREWOLVES!
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote        
"The fact that you're dead and have yet to come back to life?" Prim mutters, fingering the hilt of her sword. "Yes, I'm fairly certain that that is most certainly an obstacle to shaking hands."
Mock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote        
"Hey, don't slice me! I was just pointing out that I don't have hands," Mock clarified. "Also, the kind of death I had doesn't exactly permit resurrection, unless you would like to be a host body," he joked.

WEREWOLVES!
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:35 pm Reply with quote        
"You have no need to worry about me slicing you. I know from experience that that is no way to handle a ghost. There are many other ways to dispose of the pesky ones." Prim mutters, staring at the wall with absent eyes. Obviously she was remember those 'experiences' she had just mentioned.
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote        
At the entrance of the alley, a rather under-stated puff of blue-grey smoke appeared quite spontaneously with a small 'piff'. A small figure stepped cautiously out of the swirling cloud of fog and looked around, coughing and sneezing while trying to fan the smoke away from its face. While the smoke began to dissipate into the air, the figure moved deeper into the alley toward the swirling portal leading to the meeting room. Now that it had emerged from the smoke, the figure could be seen clearly.

The person, who wasn’t immediately identifiably either gender, did at least appear to be mostly human. Or humanoid. Or something like that. The bagginess of the too-large black hoodie and loose dark jeans hid the fact that this being was female rather effectively, but the giant pouf of frizzy, curly brown hair that hung to the small of her back definitely made it easier to see her as a girl. Not many guys had hair like that, after all…

Adjusting her grip on the thick, leather-bound book she kept clutched in both arms, the young lady stepped through the swirling portal without hesitation. She looked around the room warily from behind her blue and silver wire-frame glasses, shaking her head vigorously in an attempt to get the hair that had shifted to cover her face out of her eyes. Grumbling something under her breath about ‘stupid floof’, she moved to sit down at the end of one of the tables, a safe distance from the others.

“Mortal-ish here. Well, immortal if left alone. I won’t die naturally, basically. Can I still be here?” Kacey asked, looking up at Lord Narae with a lopsided grin. “I mean, I’m not entirely mortal, but not really immortal either, since I can be killed. It’s kind of complicated.” As she spoke, some of the blue-grey smoke from before began swirling around her in wisps. Two attached themselves to her head, while the other moved down toward the base of her spine. All three wisps solidified, turning into a large pair of tufty ears and a long, plume-y tail all furred in blue and grey, rather similar to those of the Cheshire Cat (Think Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, not the cartoon one). “Oh, damn. Was hoping that wouldn’t happen. Ah well.” Kacey muttered and shrugged, more to herself than to the others.

Mock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote        
"Don't worry, I'm usually a very unobtrusive shade," Mock reassured her. "There's no need to get out your sacred staff or whatever."

WEREWOLVES!