Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Battlegrounds
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote        
Spawned from a comment on another thread, I decided to open this one. This is a pair of competitions to do with the battle system. The only real prizes are bragging rights (unless someone wants to donate an actual prize), so it's mainly for the challenge.
The Goals
Challenge 1: Who can beat a monster in the fewest turns with their bare hands? Seperate divisions for each monster, due to different stats and health, added each time a new monster is beaten this way.
Challenge 2: What is the highest level of monster beaten with no weapone, and who is the braze and suicidal champion able to do it? Again, seperate divisions, but this time only two: Dragons and non-dragons, since dragons tend to be more mini-bosses and have pheonomenal health and defense for monsters of their levels.

The Rules
1) Please be truthful when posting your record. The bragging rights aren't legit if you lie.
2) Healing items are allowed, since some monsters can be more brutal than assumed. Besides, bare-hand fighting takes ages, during which your health is wittled down as well.
3) All levels are allowed in this, as are all monsters, and each are elegible for both challenges.

So, do you have what it takes? Here are the current records, as they stand:
Fewest turns:
Rat: 45 turns, by KaceyCat's level 22 Warden.
Energy Dragon: 201 turns, by KathiraNarae's level 10 Monk.
1337-Ster: 279 turns, by KaceyCat's level 22 Warden.
Highest level monster:
Dragon division: None yet! Be the first!
Non-dragon division: None yet! Be the first!

Here's the form for those who want to place in the rankings! Fill it in and post it when you've accomplished your goal.
Code:
Username:
Challenge:
Character class:
Character level:
Number of turns:
Monster species:
Monster level:

Gooood luck!

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote        
Username: KaceyCat
Challenge: Fewest Turns
Character class: Warden
Character level: 22
Number of turns: 279
Monster species: 1337-Ster
Monster level: 13

...That took forever. I'm having so much fun with this, though. XD
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote        
You like the bare-handed monster murdering challenges? Hee, hee!

WEREWOLVES!
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote        
31 turns to kill a level 1 ghost, and I lost about as much health as the ghost did. I feel like such a failure at taking so long and so much damage. XD But yes, I'm enjoying this quite a lot~
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote        
1337-Sters are evil, I've fought a few myself. Not in context of challenges, though, since they could easily kill me due to my relatively low level by slicing through my healing apples. -_- Shall I put that ghost in the rankings?

WEREWOLVES!
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote        
Eh, if you want to. And I didn't bother using any apples or anything when fighting the ghost, since I didn't want to waste even more turns. I lost like, 30-40 health. I'm just having fun fighting stuff in absurdly ineffective ways, so I'm not going to tell you all of my battles, but if you want to put the ghost in the list, go for it. Someone'll probably beat my record, since my defenses are way, WAY higher than my attacks. I'll do maybe 4 damage with my fists total out of 10 attacks usually. And then get a whole bunch of hits in a row. And then fail for a while.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote        
I imagine the best at that challenge would be someone with immense dex and str, average con, and pitiful everything else.

WEREWOLVES!
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, probably. See, I just leveled up to 23, and all of my stats are 21 or 22. I'm one of those people that keeps everything even and just inches my way up, keeping everything together, regardless of my class's particular strengths. XD I'm more a warden in name than anything else. Took me a while to get my dexterity up, since that wound up being annoyingly low with my initial stat-roll. Everything else had been really good, though, which is why I'd gone with that roll instead of redoing it.