Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote        
Webcomics are a new media rising in popularity. There are some really great ones out there, and there's a huge variety. Most like to stick to the traditional comic-book format of panels, pages, word bubbles, etc, though there are some that have taken advantage of the digital medium and done interesting things. I've been into webcomics for a several years now, and discovered quite a few. Here are my favourites (those bolded are extra-favourite):

Ava's Demon [hiatus]
Defector
Derelict
Earthsong
ElfQuest
Everblue
Evil Diva
Fungus Grotto [indefinite hiatus]
Gunnerkrigg Court
Hemlock
Homestuck [hiatus]
Lackadaisy [hiatus]
Off-White
Plume
Power Nap
Red Moon Rising
reMIND
Romantically Apocalyptic
Sfeer Theory
Spindrift
Strays
The Cloud Factory
The Meek [indefinite hiatus]
The Phoenix Requiem [finished]
The Wormworld Saga
Toilet Genie
Trying Human
Ushala at World's End
Wake the Sleepers
White Noise

I know of a bunch more, but these are top in my list. I was going to write a short description for each, but I really don't know how to do that without spoiling everything so here you go. I'd say they're all worth checking out, and there are some real gems out there in terms of art and story.

Sidenotes: The ones marked with indefinite hiatus have not updated in a long while and it's uncertain if they will. They've still got great art and story, though. </3

(Also I was dubious about adding Homestuck to this list. I suppose it could be considered a webcomic in some ways, but it combines GIFs and Flash and all kinds of things. It's certainly very unique, and definitely the most popular thing on this list.)

Do you know of any other webcomics? Have you heard of any of these? What do you think of comic books and graphic novels in general?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote        
I love comics and webcomics and graphic novels, etc. I actually make web comics/web manga using ComiPo, and I have friends through that now who I love the work of. Web comics are certainly interesting and fun. The ones I particularly like that AREN'T my own (because, naturally, I'm biased and am trying not to include mine to not be conceited) include:

-Horizon Gakuen
-Sausome High
-Virtual Boyfriend

lots of others that aren't as oftenly updated, too....But at this point most of what I read is ComiPo made web comics. I have others that I used to read a lot, but stopped reading over time. x-o