Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic the walnut crushing bunch/RESOURCE LINKS N REAL TIME WORKOUT
gataki_xx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote        
This topic sounds perfect right now!
I decided that this (academic) year I'm going to try to
work out a bit more XD

That last post was great, fickle.
I never really thought of taking before-during-and-after pictures
to track progress (since I do have some trouble with point 6 ^^; )
but it might just be helpful, so thanks for the idea.
Gotta agree that being patient is really important
especially since results always seems to be the #1 goal
and we do (generally) have this kinda instant gratification mentality.
Always need to remember to have fun and enjoy the workout
and not only when you realize that you've lost a few pounds ^.^

//leaves to check out blogilates

fickle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote        
awesome Hai a lot of people talk about the freshman fifteen, striking fear into the hearts of students, but it's not a big deal. are you staying at the dorms?

i love blogilates. she's bubbly which totally distracts me from the intensity of the workout. ive seen a few other fitness instructors on yt, i havent linked them yet because i dont want to link something i havent done myself.

i added a 12th and edited the 5th tip. maybe i'll make a video so people dont have to read all that lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote        
I've never actually been too worried about
gaining weight while in Uni,
but not eating a regular diet/skipping meals.
I live off campus so it's not that bad.
(Bonus: no messy roommates)

Those videos you linked are really interesting
and blogilates sounds like she's going to be a blast to
workout with! Watched a few videos and I'm going
to try to include her on weekends ^.^

fickle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote        
yeah, i guess everyone talked about it so much because people were strangers and that was a common topic. /shrugs/ i didnt worry about it either Happy

thats awesome, no tiny dorm rooms either. my roommate in college was a nightmare. she was crazy about guys, constantly telling me about her experiences. i didnt wanna offend her so i replied with generic statements like "thats crazy", "no way", "wow" things like that. she was bipolar, couldnt control her mood swings. she broke my light bulb, threw ice cream on my window, and always hated when i got attention from guys, guys she never had any feelings for.

i <3 cassey. pilates is tough but effective Hai
and i was a bit sidetracked for a few days. sorry for the late reply.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote        
So, I haven't exercised in a few days, and hit the gym last a week and half ago. I exercise like once a week nowadays, if I'm lucky. I do more strength stuff than cardio, so weighing myself isn't a good measure of how I'm doing, so I take pictures. Or did. I am missing my camera.

fickle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote        
lol, i saw a video of a couple dinosaurs, one of them said "getting to the gym is the hardest paARRT. i dont mind it once im heREERE" xD

i dont weigh myself either. i think it's distracting, depending on how often it's done, or depending on the person because they can get stressed if therye hyper focused on their weight. but yeah, i don't weigh myself ever.

recently, i've picked up a real bad habit of looking at myself in the mirror Duh i've gotta stop. i dont have a camera either, i think that would help. i have the house cell phone, i can use that again i guess. either way, i'm stopping. :9

have you tried burpees?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote        
Ugh I'm sorry for the super late reply D:
I had a ton of assignments that I had to finish for the end of last month/beginning of this one.

Anyway, I use wii fit to cool off at the end of my usual workout so it does record weight, but I find it helpful to have some kind of chart to track progress. As long as I don't look at the numbers, cause then it does get distracting.

And what are burpees?
thoughi'malmostafraidtofindoutcausethenamesoundssoinnocent x.x
fickle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote        
it's cool, i expect people to reply only when they can/want to. Soft Smile

thats nifty. i've never played a game on the wii, ever xD i saw a couple retired women bowling on it once, i thought they were cute n.n
anyways, idk how the gui looks on that, but if you could see a calender and check out every other weekday (like every other wednesday), or one day a month, youd be able to see the differences rather than streaming through the days, cos it would be harder to tell that way.

lol innocent. burpees are easy to hate, theyre simple and efficient. it's a mix between cardio and strength training, and it works out your whole body. i dont have a gym membership, or a treadmill, and id rather not go out for a run since i'm asleep during the day. i do things like burpees for my cardio:
so you start off standing up
squat and place your hands on the ground
kick your feet back, like youre in a position to do a pushup
hop your feet back to squatting position
stand and jump

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote        
Burpees are awful. I can do about 13 on a well rested day. -.- I can't think of an exercise I simultaneously enjoy and hate more.

That GIF is *cringe* making me *cringe* have flashbacks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote        
This is really informative and awesome, fickle! Thanks for posting it.

I am vegan, so I eat pretty healthy without necessarily meaning to, haha. I just enjoy vegetables more than any other food. It helps me a lot to have a cooking partner though, I bet that without him, I would be eating most of my food out of a can. :P

I recently took a yoga class at my university. It was really fun and it always made me feel great afterwards. Now that the class is over, I have stopped doing it, and I am really feeling the difference. I feel sluggish and very stressed out and I can't focus very well. And my body feels tired all the time. I think the yoga was really helping me and I want to get back into it. Do you have any tips on how I can start a routine and keep to it?

Peril is also Zillah.
fickle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote        
saygen, ah yes they hurt so good! i totally wimp out on the pushup some people add in there. i think i can do one good pushup, burpees are bad enough already. i dread hollow rock and mountain climbers more than burpees.
i was surprised i found that instructional gif lol!

hi there peril! youre welcome! thats nice C: i had to put in effort when i first changed my diet, i was raised on cereal and white rice. i'm a vegetarian, i like brownies more than any other food lol! i really should add a disclaimer saying i'm not a doctor somewhere, cos thats important information :P i'm actually working on other things i can post up there, tips that helped me start and stay on track.

ohh i know the feels! sometimes i can see a difference, my muscles and my skin start to sag, and my skin doesnt glow anymore. it makes me look older than i am. feeling and seeing all that motivates me to start again too.
anyways, absolutely! idk how helpful this will be. knowing when you have free time is a good start. schedule what you know you can reasonably commit to. like, if you dont think you can bring yourself to do yoga 4 times a week, go for 2 or 3. try to change your routine every week though because you will plateau (stop seeing/feeling improvements, stuck in one spot). keeping it up is mentally challenging, at least for me. if i found myself still sitting on my butt when workout time rolled in, i told myself "i'm going to work out now" even though i wasnt really motivated. doing the workout isnt hard at all, the hardest part for me was getting there :P if i couldnt bring myself to want to, id put myself there anyways. keeping it takes dedication, which is why it's a good idea to choose a schedule you know you can commit to. i get stuck in a rut every now and then, i get reminded of what it's like to be unhealthy again. i'm not sure if i'll ever not get stuck, i think it's always a possibility. i think whats most important is working it into your healthy lifestyle so that if you ever drop it, itll be no problem picking it back up again. it's never ok to stop, always give it 110%, commit even if youre not motivated!

also this may help you change your routine every now and then. there are a lot of other full yoga videos on youtube, tara's vids are the only ones ive tried.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:36 pm Reply with quote        
And I'm back!
Exam prep takes away all my free time T_T

Anyway, burpees do look like they live up to their name. Cute and innocent, but terrifying.
I check the calendar on wii fit whenever I remember to play it... about once a week. Mostly, I tend to stick to the Just Dance games cause their a fun workout and I can't dance to save my life x.x Get to accomplish two things at once with those games.
And great job with the first page Fickle! Looks awesome ^.^

Hi, Peril -wave- I have a question about the Vegan lifestyle. Hope you don't mind ^^;
How did you get into it and manage to stick with it? Is it easy to find a variety of protein substitutes? (I eat vegetarian 6 days of the week cause of concerns about the last question ^^; )
fickle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote        
youre so driven getaki! i think thats admirable. Happy

if i had to save my life by dancing, i'd dance lol! it would be most awkward and i'd probably die too. Dx

thank you Soft Smile that makes me happy. i spent a reasonable amount of time thinking of what should go there. i'm hoping i don't find it tacky when i go to review it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote        
Glad to see I'm not the only one who forgot this existed. OTL

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
We should have nightly Burpee Off's. Everyone does burpees and posts how many they did. Then the next night you try and beat your number. We'd also get to see how everyone else is doing and we can have a leader board for the competitive among us.

I would join this. Smile

Also, I discovered FitnessBlender on youtube. You guys should check out their videos.