Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic the walnut crushing bunch/RESOURCE LINKS N REAL TIME WORKOUT
fickle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote        
welcome!
grab a hair tie, a towel, and some water!

come for the info, chat for the freebies! Soft Smile

this is a general topics and a health and fitness lounge.
simply chat and/or browse our stuff and post if and when you desire.
real time workouts in second post
BE CONFIDENT NOT SHY!

originally, i intended this place to be for people to chat about health and fitness instead of a place to look for information but i've decided to add a little bit of info. i am not on a mission to make midoreans healthy, the help is there only to those who want it. scroll down and check it out if youd like. Hai i'm not a fitness professional, or doctor, or nutritionist by any means. i'm totally unprofessional, learn at your own risk.

i will randomly draw people who are cool. yey freebies!
it doesn't matter why you're here, for the freebies, the chatting, or the health,
lets be friendly and enjoy ourselves, okay?

fickle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
links
this is for anyone who needs some guidance. i'm going to be very honest here, i dont mean to make this sound like a sob story, it's totally not, and i'm ok. when i was 3 or 4 i called to my mom who was washing dishes. i dont remember what i wanted back then, but that's besides the point, i called her a few more times and she didnt turn or say anything at all. no 'in a minute, honey,' or anything like that. so i did what toddlers do, i cried. i cried so hard i tossed up my food all the way to the bathroom, and that's when she finally noticed me. thats the first time i realized that anything i do is futile because i'm not important and that i could never compare to anything that is important, such as a sink full of dishes. i developed a sort of careless/i gave up attitude after that, i didnt talk because whatever i had to say wasnt important, i didnt ask for anything, i kept quietly to myself and never put effort into any social or educational endeavors. i dont know anyone whos as ugly, dumb, lazy, and as dirty as i was. i had absolutely no motivation to do anything that i wanted. i was lazy, it didnt matter whether or not i accomplished anything, i was still nothing in the end. i couldnt invest into myself even if i wanted to because i was sick all the time due to being malnourished. life was futile... until i found the internet. it saved me from my misery. there was little to no consequences in socializing on the internet in some places, they didnt care who i was which gave me a sense of freedom, theres an abundance of knowledge, also i learned how to think critically. i think i have anyways Oh Mai
[rushing past a few minor details] i met my boyfriend on the internet. he had a pilates book, the complete guide to joseph h. pilates' techniques of physical conditioning by allan menezes. i read some of it and searched pilates on google and youtube, and thats when i found her, cassey ho, a pilates fitness instructor uploading real time workouts for FREE on youtube. i was in love! lol. and thus began my fitness journey with the book, all of the information i found on the web (diet too), and casseys guidance. i realized i didnt have to be the way i was, i can be better, determined, prettier, and i can be confident.

tl;dr: the moral of this story is that if youre aware of your goals and are struggling cos youre unsure what your next step should be, find successful people, surround yourself with them, study them, get yourself educated and do what they do.

yt videos
>blogilates real time
>tone it up real time and demonstration
>yoga with adriene real time
>fitness blender real time
>joanna soh real time
>daily hiit/bodyrock real time and demonstration
>bikini model fitness real time
>zuzka light real time and demonstration
>keaira lashae real time
>six pack shorcuts real time and demonstration
>xhiit daily real time
>insane home fat loss real time and demonstration
>lean secrets gym workout demonstration, and awesome diet tips
you dont need equipment and for the workouts that require equipment, get creative with what you have in your home. my first pair of weights was canned peaches lol.
___
diet
this subject was actually a bit overwhelming for me because so many people say different things, i knew very little about food and rarely ever ate vegetables. it was a huge change for me. unfortunately, i dont have any links bookmarked so i dont have anything to share here. i have rules however, this is my best, simplest advice that i could give, and was super easy for me to live by.

1. pay little attention to the stars! theyre people like everyone else, theyre not experts on nutrition and when they need help in that field, they go to experts and you should to
2. dieting is something thats implemented into your lifestyle, you will have it for the rest of your life. eat plenty of good food!
2a. dieting is not something you do for a month. if any diet says to do that, it's a fad and shouldnt be done (ie. cottage cheese and lemon diet, cotton ball diet, air diet, slim fast or anything similar, etc.)
3. eat as natural as you can, no preservatives, or processed foods, and especially no eating anything that you dont know about! take a look at the ingredients and if theres anything in there thats unfamiliar to you, do not eat it until you know it's ok to eat. view several sources for info. my rule is, the simpler, the better.
4. listen to your body. physical ailments (and mental too) have a cause. things like headaches, depression, acid reflux, joint pain, etc. sometimes can be worsened or caused by something you consume or dont consume enough of. i fixed this by eating only soup and salad for a month (sounds scary lol) then slowly introducing foods back into my diet and noting how my body responded. this is how i found my sensitivity to whole grain (gluten most likely though), milk, some chocolate brands, and oddly enough, some cheeses make me emotional. i had to eat it more than once to be sure that it was the culprit for certain symptoms. i also found some foods make me feel amazing! like leafy greens, blueberries and things. i've been really in tune with my body since then. heres another idea, it's recommended to keep a food journal, write down what you ate and how you felt before and after you ate it for every meal. do this for some time and you will notice a pattern emerging
5. everyones body is different! this is very important because when one dietitian says that a low carb, high fat diet is good, it doesnt mean that it's healthy for everyone even if they have studies and statistics to aid their arguments (i wouldnt take anyone who doesnt have citations seriously though). for someone who is highly dependent on carbs, they could go through a mental break down literally, their brain is starving for food which can slow down their mental processes and make them ornery. it's ok, see rule 4
6. analyze your advocate. if youre reading a book, or article, anything published by a dietitian, see if they appear healthy, have nice clear skin, clear eyes, no bags or blackness under there either, i mean not everyone is dazzilingly beautiful but if they dont appear healthy than their diet is questionable

i'm not an expert or professional in this field.

freebies
pickups
none

samples
fickle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
common health misconceptions

this post is going to be big. here's a list to help you find whats relevant to you. Happy
[001]healthy food is bland/tasteless, i'd rather not eat it.
[002] i don't want to stop eating things like fried chicken.
[003] eating healthy is expensive, i cant afford to.
[004] i don't want to starve myself.
[005] don't i need equipment? i don't like gyms.
[006] i don't have any clothes to work out in.
[007] i don't want to bulk up.
[008] i dont want to slim down.
[009] i cant work out every day.

[001]healthy food is bland/tasteless, id rather not eat it.

not true! if youre eating a lot of sweet and salty things, your tongue will adapt to accept these tastes. it will get used to it, then when you eat a carrot, for instance, it would hardly taste sweet. it's ok, dont panic! your tongue wont be like that forever. it takes two weeks for the receptor cells, the cells that pick up taste inside your taste buds, to be replaced. just two weeks, and you'll have taste buds that will taste, and enjoy foods that were once bland if you eat clean during that time.

thats cool because you don't have to, really. in fact, i would encrouage you treat yourself to a sinful meal once a week. or if youre hardcore, once a month. dont ever feel guilty about it. eat nutrition rich food for the rest of the week.

treating yourself once in a while helps curb your temptation, it's good for your psychological wellbeing.

[003]eating healthy is expensive, i cant afford to.

i bought an eggplant for a dollar, itll feed me for three days. a bag of carrots, brussle sprouts, bananas, your meat doesnt even have to be lean, which often times cost more. it's not expensive! i havent done the math but i estimate i eat about 5 dollars worth of food each day. i think it's less than that, it's a generous guess.

fyi: some foods are labeled as healthy when theyre not. wendys, or mcdonals, where ever/whatever, have such meals. they have just as much nutritional value as everything else on their menu, none.

dont be a sucker. pills, shakes, things that promise you weight loss are phony. the only way to lose weight and get fit is to eat clean and workout, it's that simple. things like lean cuisine is a good way to eat tiny portions of unhealthy things that taste like shit. seriously, dont buy, it's not good for you.

also, it's not necessary to buy organic foods.

[004]i dont want to starve myself.

please dont to that, ever. if your body is telling you youre hungry, dont stay hungry, eat food!!

if youre just craving for food, have a snack. i like fruits, smoothies, cheddar cheese, string/mozerella cheese, peanut butter and crackers, pistachios, almonds, hazlenuts, cucumber, carrots, greek yogurt with fruit, 80% cacao (fyi, i started lower than 80%) or bakers chocolate dipped in creamed honey. yum!

[005]dont i need equipment? i dont like gyms.

lol, neither do i. your home is a suitable place. no space? clear up some room.

i do all my workouts at home. most of the time i use my yoga mat, some workouts dont require even that. for strength training, i do resistance training which uses my body weight and i substituted weights with cans of food and water bottles. some people like to fill them up with sand, or fishing lead. later i bought a pair of dumbells. i didnt go crazy and buy a set because i was just starting to work out and would hate to spend my money on something i might drop in a month.

[006]i dont have any clothes to work out in.

pfft. i wore my pajama pants, leggings, and shorts for bottoms. the most breathable things i could find, pretty much. for tops, i wore tang tops or short sleeve shirts. it's not a fashion show people!

i would advise against wearing clothes that are baggy, or too tight. baggy clothes can get cought on things, restrict your moves, and limit the visibility you have on your body. tight clothes can restrict your movents and prevent blood from going where it needs to go.

[007]i dont want to bulk up.

women dont bulkup. unless they pretty much live in the gym and eating a /crazy/ restrictive diet. it takes A LOT of time and effort.

men will bulk. most likely, youll get a beach body like ryan kwanten or less. it wont be excessive. you wont look like a pro wrestler unless youre in the gym as much as them, and doing the same workouts. it wont just happen, you have to do it intentionally.

[008]i dont want to slim down.

you wont get skinnier. if youre already skinny, and it's a challenge to put on weight, dont worry, you wont lose weight, you'll gain muscle weight and stay the same pant size. your muscles will atrophy (waste away) if youre not moving around, it can make you look lanky and gaunt.

[009]i cant work out every day.

work out 2-6 times a week, 30 minutes to an hour long. schedule what you know you can commit to. you can do 30 minute workouts two times a week, and even split up the 30 minutes througout the day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote        
rules

1. be respectful! i don't want to see anyone shaming someone else for their weight, looks, diet, health conditions, or not being able to do pushups. it's discouraging and hateful and i will not tolerate it.

i think that's it.
fickle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote        
MIne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote        
Health and Fitness forum, nice! It seems like it's hard to find these.

I'm planning on signing up for a Hot Chocolate 5k. Anyone else jumping on the 5k bandwagon?

Also fickle, I'll look at that legs and butt video after mine stop feeling like jello. -.-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:25 am Reply with quote        
whoa, i've never heard of that before. you get to have some chocolate after the race, what a wonderful treat Weeeee i cant do it unfortunatly, i sleep during the day, and it's only in the united states. how long have you been training for?

i want chocolate. a chocolate cheesecake, or a brownie specifically.. i actually finished a chocolate cheesecake a couple days ago, it was delicious!

and oki doki c: if you wanna switch it up when you start to feel better, you can do something else instead of your legs. that channel has a few other challenges and workout routines if you wanna check it out. abs

i actually convince myself that i really like the burning and soreness.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote        
yup. A friend of mine went to the race last year and said she got hot chocolate and a cookie, I think. They also give you awesome hoodies and tot bags that are included in the price of the registration. This year they are giving us these amazing jackets! Whoop! Happy

http://www.hotchocolate15k.com/seattle/goodie-bag/

I try and keep myself in shape for the sudden zombie apocalypse and all, so I've been training for a long time. XD

Where are you from? 5k's aren't popular where you are?

Mmm, chocolate cheese cake. I haven't had cheesecake in forever....
Duh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote        
that's a weird place for a pocket lol. they do look amazing. i would enter just for that hoodie.

hey, are you training to do combat too? so many different kinds of weapons to choose from. i think id go with a sniping rifle for longer distances, a pistol, a katana, and a pocket knife, maybe two. or maybe i could use some heavy explosive weapon for distance to kill more than one zombie, like a bazooka. but it's too heavy to carry. it can be stationed somewhere though ;P /rambling/

im in canada, im not sure how common they are here. i actually saw some pamphlet advertising runs MILES away from were i am. like, in other countries. amsterdam being one of them, if i remember right. i think canada mostly just takes part in awareness months. i havent been here long though.

cheesecake is my un-guilty pleasure, i enjoy every bite of it Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote        
Ooh, never seen a health hangout post before. Recently started a low-carb diet as my boyfriend has recently been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. So I want to support him eating healthy, as well as eating healthy myself.
fickle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote        
oh yes, setting a good example, what youre doing is wonderful Happy i was trying to not eat donuts but i was really tempted to because we went to tim hortons nearly every night, most of the time it wasnt my idea. /shakes head/ it's hard not to give into temptation. i ease it by treating myself once a week.

is he wanting to cure himself?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote        
I do not have diabetes but my doctor say' s that my numbers indicate that it is a real danger. Now I am having ice cream withdraws. That has always been my addiction.

I do not really exercise but I try to do small things. Park at the far end of the lot. Take stairs instead of elevators. That sort of thing. I do not have the willpower for real exercise.
fickle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:12 am Reply with quote        
every little thing helps. oh yeah, willpower is important. it would feel like a boring task if you dont want it/dont enjoy it. i think i had a very chill approach, a 15 minute workout two times a week. they were real short, it helped me to want to want it. lol, i wanted to want something... i just hope that makes sense to you xD

i searched for workouts on youtube, i LOVED the ones where they actually did the workouts with you instead of just showing you the moves. i liked feeling like i had an instructor coaching me through a workout.

looking at myself in photos and knowing that that part of my body was going to change put a smile on my face and excited me for working out.

Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:26 am Reply with quote        
I need to start working out again. I have here and there in the past, but it's hard for me to stick to a routine and stay motivated. I love work out videos that I can do at home, because I have some anxiety and body image issues and I like being able to work out without the feeling of someone watching me; however, it's hard to find the space and solitude needed since my house is usually pretty full and hectic. Sweat Still, I like how I feel (both physically and mentally when I do work out) so I'm going to start up a program for myself again. Does anyone have any advice on sticking with a program or staying motivated? Just curious.

Also, recently, I've been trying to eat healthier (if not exactly diet) and get back to taking daily walks around my neighborhood...I've let myself get too sedentary lately. -.-; I've always been chubby, and I don't mind that as long as I'm in shape and healthy; hence why I'm trying to get myself back into the habit of living a healthy lifestyle. Sweat

fickle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote        
omg this post is big. i read it over 10 times and think everything is helpful, so i hope it's worth the read ^u^

1. planning. some people find it easier if they plan to work out. start with what you can do realistically. like, if you plan to do it 4 times a week and find yourself not doing it, than drop it down to 3 or 2 times a week. yep, you can work out for 30 or so minutes 2 times a week.

2. eat clean. all of the hard work youre doing will show if youre eating good food.
2a. eat what you know is healthy. it's a good thing you dont have to follow a specific diet like paleo, vegan, atkins, etc. just stick to what you know is healthy; veggies, chicken, eggs, salads, smoothies, fruits, soup, beef, not fried. in the beginning you dont have to cut things out of your diet cold turkey. like, if you want to eat some instant ramen (for example), you can Happy you can steam some veggies and have them with your dish. every meal is a chance to add some colorful veggies. but you must put an effort into cutting out nutritionless meals like ramen. you absolutely must not never ever have soda, or sugary drinks. drink water and/or tea. when youre eating clean, youll feel a difference in yourself in two weeks. you can slightly see it, it takes longer to see noticeable results.

3. no ones watching when you go to the gym. no ones wearing make up, everyones sweaty, probably smelly, breathing hard, they certainly dont look their best, theyre focused on what theyre doing, so it's allright, no ones watching. they could be having the same self conscious thoughts even. but everyones too focused on what theyre doing to pay attention to someone else. and on that note, no one goes to the gym to look pretty or look at other people, everyone goes to become pretty. youre there for you, do it for yourself.
in your home though, pick a spot where you have plenty of room and where people dont walk through often. it's hard to focus on what youre doing if someones looming and all you can do is think of them looming instead of the move youre trying to do xD ask for some privacy. tell them you'll be done real soon if they really need you. you can ask them to join you too.

4. do it as graceful as you can but know that it's not going to look graceful. your muscles have to get used to moving and being used in a way that they werent before (youre waking them up). you might wobble, shake, find yourself not doing it exactly how your instructor is doing it. dont feel self conscious, you'll get better and better at executing the move each time you do it, i promise.

5. forget numbers. you dont have to focus on your weight or count calories. dont weigh yourself all the time, it's distracting to focus on things that stress you out about the way you look. if you have a weight thing, put it away, forget about it. if helps you though, you can weigh yourself weekly or biweekly. set small goals instead of big ones, like losing 5 pounds in a week. some people set big goals and reach them, then stop because they feel satisfied and gain all of the weight back real fast. you dont have to count calories either. the only thing that matters is eating foods that have nutritional value and drinking water. working out should be fun for you, not stressful.

6. love your body. i think youve already mastered this skill haha! all of those little imperfections you want to change on your body, love them. it's ok to know you have them, and it's ok to know that you want to change that, but once you feel bad about yourself for having them, you'll get stressed out and demotivated. so love your body the way that it is and it will shine.

7. when ive skipped several days of working out and dont feel motivated, i watch things on youtube. other peoples fitness stories are particularly inspirational.

8. i like when it burns. i smile and tell myself i like it. if youre feeling pinching, bad pain though STOP what youre doing. if it's just your muscles feeling tired and burning, thats good, keep going, like the feeling, youre doing a good job. /thumbs up/ i also like the soreness after my workouts.

9. be patient and set realistic goals. knowing what my body type was helped me have a realistic vision of what i wanted my body to look like. i put a photo of katrina from tone it up on my desktop for motivation because we have a similar body type. take before photos, it helps to know what you want to work out too.

10. it's a lifestyle change, youve got to work hard. not that it's difficult as it gets easier every time, youve got to stick to it and work hard. in 2a i mentioned you can feel your muscles getting stronger in two weeks, it takes longer to see visible results, it takes time and dedication. 4 months to a year, maybe more. if you want to be healthy and look hot, you cant do it until you get the body you want then stop. you'll put on weight and feel like poo again. it has to be a lifestyle change.

11. once i started seeing visible results, i was excited to do my workouts. i felt happy that everything i was doing was paying off. i liked feeling confident and beautiful, there is a power to that. feeling beautiful also motivated me.

12. treat yourself. once in a while you crave something unhealthy, enjoy it once a week. eating something you crave for once a week actually helps curb your temptations. if you find yourself reaching for bad things often, reach for fruits, veggies, or other healthy snacks.

wow, turns out i had a whole lot of tips. Sweat
i work out with blogilates at home. i put her on my lap top on the floor. heres a beginner video, and heres an even shorter beginner video. you dont need to buy expensive pieces of machinery, all you need is a yoga mat. i bought mine for 7 dollars only Happy or you can do it on the floor. if you do these, i recommend watching them before you do them so you know what's coming next.