Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat

Angst?
Yes.
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hahahaha you're funny
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Not my cup of tea,
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Kimi_Delaetus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote        
My muse has officially gone off the everloving deep end.

So I'm knee-deep in a fandom at the moment. And I cracked and started writing fic about it.

Part one was supposed to be it. Angst, fluff...yaye bam we're done.
Then came part two. More fluff, more angst.
Part three, same as the first two.

Only now. Part four. Has gone off the rails. My muse was like "oh, angst? Yeah, I need to top the first three stories, so here~"

And I'm left sitting here going "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!"

So yes. Any advise for telling a muse "no you cannot break all the feels this was supposed to be LIGHTHEARTED AND FUN"?

I will take your breath away
...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
I'm vegetarian, I'd be a crap zombie.
Fear the wrath of the vegetarian zombie!! It will invade your vegetable gardens and turn all the cabbages into zombie vegetables! >:o
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote        
Kittens, puppies, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. As much as there are planty of grimdark or angsty fics for that show, it's a lot easier to write fluff because of the show's own fluff.

Alternatively, read over-angsty or over-grimdark stories. Those'll give you so much angst, your muse will force you to write fluff as an antidote.
Kimi_Delaetus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote        
KathiraNarae wrote:
Kittens, puppies, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. As much as there are planty of grimdark or angsty fics for that show, it's a lot easier to write fluff because of the show's own fluff.

Alternatively, read over-angsty or over-grimdark stories. Those'll give you so much angst, your muse will force you to write fluff as an antidote.

Oooh. Thank you. I shall have to try that! All of that :3

That might be part of the problem, actually.
There's...not really fluff in the movie itself. So writing fluff tends to be an exercise in and of itself. Whereas angst is easy to pull off...

I will take your breath away
...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
I'm vegetarian, I'd be a crap zombie.
Fear the wrath of the vegetarian zombie!! It will invade your vegetable gardens and turn all the cabbages into zombie vegetables! >:o