Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote        
Hey fellow Midoreans, I've noticed that there seem to be a lot of heavy topics here in the University, so I've decided to help lighten the mood somewhat.

On this thread you must list your positive traits, be they talents, abilities, or just good looks. You can explain these traits to as much detail as you like, and as an optional extra you can explain why you have these traits. There is a minimum of three (3) positive traits per post (no maximum), and there are no negative traits or negative aspects of traits allowed.

As an example:
1. I have always been good at focusing on things. My level of concentration is such that, when listening intently to a song, I can pick out individual instruments and effects in the mix. I once wrote down all four parts of a barbershop song, just by listening to a cassette tape. This focus also means that I have a long attention span, essentially meaning that I never get bored.

2. I have quite a good auditory memory; I can remember lines, lyrics, melodies, harmonies, and remember them accurately for up to several years. I can quote almost all of Disney's Aladdin verbatim, as with Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, to name just two. In 2009, the school choir that I was in started learning a four-part version of "Kiss the Girl" from Disney's The Little Mermaid. I was in the bass section at the time, but I took the score home and learnt all four parts. The choir I was in never sang that song, but VocalZone (an a cappella group consisting of me, my brother, my dad and a friend) has sung it on many occasions. To this day, I can still sing all four parts accurately.

3. I am relatively handsome. The acne from my teenage years has almost completely gone, and the braces I had for over two years have given me a strong, square jaw and a stunning smile. I'm half an inch shy of six foot, and the strength exercises I do every morning have given me a musculature that looks good in a singlet (although you'd never notice underneath the classy dress shirts I always wear).

So however much you may dislike yourself, find at least three things about yourself you like, and feel free to be as immodest as I just was, or even more so! On a similar note, do not judge others for how they praise themselves; it is, after all, the point of this thread!

Remember, no negative traits allowed, so think of three things and release your inner narcissism! Happy

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Peril

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote        
This is a nice thread idea! Smile

1. I have always had a really good memory, particularly for numbers. Generally speaking, I only need to hear or read a date/address/phone number/recipe/etc. once and it's locked into my memory. I love mathematics for its logical foundations, but I think that before college, the reason I enjoyed it may have had more to do with my ability to memorize numbers and formulae. xD I also have a good memory for words and names, particularly the way they are spelled. Once I learn how to spell a word or name, I don't forget.

2. I am very strong-willed. I can break habits and overcome addictions. I became a vegetarian at the age of 11, and then vegan at 15. There was a lot of learning to do, and it was hard to watch my friends eat cookies or cake and still say no, but I stuck to it. I also gave up both soda and coffee, breaking my addiction to caffeine, for an entire summer. (I later learned that caffeine isn't actually bad for you aside from being addictive, so I am drinking coffee again, but no soda). I can force myself to do anything, no matter how much I hate it. And sometimes I try things just for the challenge!

3. I possess a childlike attractiveness. My eyes are easily my most remarkable physical feature. They are an icy blue, and they are large and round, my most prominent feature. I have beautiful long hair the color of chocolate that reaches the middle of my thighs when I wear it down. I have cute facial features - a small nose and mouth, clear skin save for a couple of freckles on my cheeks.

Peril is also Zillah.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote        
Huh, kinda like this.

My good things:

1) I am very imaginative. Very, very, very imaginative. Sometimes that's a bad thing when I lose attantion in something and star daydreaming again, but most of the time I love it! I can just have a whole new story playing in my head half the time, and that's also how I get to sleep, concentrating on my story-of-the-week.

2) I have some very similar interests and some very different ones to my parents. This means that we don't tell each other to 'turn that racket off' (except on one very memorable occasion when I, a teenage girl, told my Dad, a middle-aged cdger, to turn his rock 'n' roll down), but our different interests mean we have different knowledge sets and can spot connections that the others don't notice. This comes in very handy when watching Only Connect, the British TV show which is regularly heralded as very hard and is harder to work out than the Arab-Israli conflict (according to the host), and when listening to Round Britain Quiz, an even harder radio game show that we tend to get less points on. But together, we managed to get one question on RBQ by me spotting a different meaning that proved to be our key to it, then Dad taking it to it's conclusion and solving the question.

3) I am proud that I am one of the least bigoted people I know. My basic reaction to finding out a good friend of mine was gay was basically 'Okay. So what?' At which point Mum hugged me, since she's had problems with trying to be unbigoted due to her upbringing. It's got to the point that I honestly could not understand why anyone would be bigoted, until I read an article from someone who used to be and wrote it to help us unbigoted understand the other side and why the other side refuses to listen to us and our 'common sense'.
Peril

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote        
I fall asleep the same way, Kathira! In high school, I wrote all the time, and so to this day I have lots of unfinished stories that I turn to when I need to sleep but can't, and I try to continue the story in my head. ^^ I guess I could add that to my list as well - I am creative, and an artist of a wide variety of media, from writing to photography to drawing. Smile

Peril is also Zillah.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote        
Hee hee, nice to see someone else like me! I used to try counting sheep but I've helped herd the damn things, so I always imagine them jumping over a fence and wondering which one's gonna be stupid enough to try and got through the fence rather than over it. Sheep are dumb.

I don't really write stories, my imagination gives them more as movies to be honest. And the same, well, adventure usually continues for several nights in a row. But it helps me get to sleep at night. It also prevents me from hauling myself out of bed in the mornings, though, since I tend to stay in bed and half-alseep to continue my little storyline before I get up! It gets annoying.
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote        
Mock, this is genius. It forces people to really think about what they like about themselves, instead of the usual what they dislike. Thank you for starting this; I needed it. I've got all sorts of self-esteem issues, and am dealing with plenty of things that aren't helping the process of fixing them. I could gripe about how some of these things are changing due to external forces, but you said no negativity, so I shall do my best to refrain.

1. I'm musical. There's not much I'm proud of, but I value my musical talent quite a bit. Honestly, it's become such a huge part of who I am that if I hadn't decided to take up flute in 4th grade, I have no idea who I'd be today, or what I'd be like. It's hard to describe, but music's present in almost every aspect of my life. It helps me cope with emotions and difficult situations, it's how I express myself, it just...It keeps me sane and grounded. Sure, lots of people can sing, but not everyone can play flute or piccolo. And yes, you can teach someone to keep a beat, but I've been told that I have an uncanny natural sense of rhythm on a level so deep that it can't be taught. A college flute professor told me that when I played for him this past summer when I was visiting the campus. It was kind of awesome to hear...

2. I have excellent coping skills. I seem to do best in the face of adversity. When things are normal, stable, nothing crazy going on? It's like I start to shut down and don't know what to do. Now that I'm dealing with all kind of crap, from chemotherapy and having a rare disease that would be fatal if untreated to starting to apply for colleges to the stress of having always been the person all of my friends go to for advice...I'm okay. I mean yeah, it sounds scary, but I'm able to laugh and smile and joke. I'm not all panicky. And yeah, I'm also dealing with chronic panic attacks and social anxiety and clinical depression and all kinds of other fun stuff. People wonder how I'm able to stay so happy. Truth is, I don't know. I just...Am. Being mopey and freaking out over stuff I can't change would accomplish nothing, so I might as well just go with the flow and let things happen.

3. Apparently I give good advice. Ever since I was little, I've always been the level-headed one. The one people go to when they need to rant, or if they are freaking out and need someone to help them figure out how to fix something, or if they need someone to verbally slap some sense into them. I'm able to break up arguments, clear up drama, and smooth things over between friends-turned-enemies-turned-friends before things even happen sometimes. And now, I have one quote. It's something I've been saying since I was about 7 years old (I'm 17 now) and I've revised it to sound more pompous, or at the very least less-childish, but I swear this is my own words:

"There is no such thing as 'normal'. 'Normal' is simply the ideal perfect imperfection that society has constructed. It is the unattainable goal everyone strives for, but nobody truly reaches for the same 'normal'. Embrace your unnatural, abnormal, and imperfect qualities. They are what make you perfect in your own way."

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote        
I'm stealing that quote for my signature, Kacey.

WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
Hah, okay. Make sure you attribute it to me, though, Kathira. Don't be stealing my words...
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote        
Hrm...This is rather nice, isn't it? I guess I'll try it out too~

1) I am very creative. I can come up with more story ideas then I can shake a stick at sometimes, so I never run out of things to create...Generally. Happy

2) I'm kind. In fact, I'm so kind many, many people have told me I have no mean bone in my body. Also, because of it and my listening skills, others often look to me as a sort of motherly person. Even people my age o.o;

3) I'm a fast reader. Though I may miss things at times, I tend to be pretty good at reading quickly, thus I'm able to get through a portion that's confusing someone to help explain it to them rather promptly. That, and I can read more books more often, which is rather fun for me. xD

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote        
This is a really neat thread idea!~ It's nice to hear what people like about themselves, especially in a world that is too riddled with negativity. I'm always hesitant to post in things like this though because, while I'm generally shy, I do have a lot of qualities that I like about myself and I don't want to come off as full of myself. Sweat I'll keep it to the top three for now though. Also, DISCLAIMER: I am not an arrogant toe-rag. I have a lot of good qualities and equally as many (or more) bad ones. I try to know as much as I can about myself, and be honest about my strengths as well as my shortcomings; it's all sort of being an introspective person, I guess. ^^;

1.) I am intelligent. Not only do I have a high IQ and capacity to figure things out, but I also have good instincts where these things are concerned. I can pretty much figure out anything that's put in front of me (provided I have the drive to do so...but that's another matter.) I am highly observant and love to have intellectual discussions. I'm also pretty witty/funny and have (I think) a good handle on who I am.

2.) I am a highly creative individual. Be it writing, music, acting, painting, drawing, or crafts of some kind I am always doing something "artsy." I like to think I'm pretty good at some of these things too (especially in the writing department.) I also love to look at problems or issues creatively and try to come up with some kind of new solution.

3.) I am a very open and accepting person. This one is weird for me, because, generally I am very opinionated. Even so, I try to keep an open mind and listen to everyone else's views as well. Even if you can't change my mind, I try to approach all issues and conversations with a moderate and cool-minded thought process (the operative word being "try.") Whatever the case though, if you come to me to talk whatever your race, views, creed, orientation, or even opinions of me I will try to be friendly and open with you. I try to accept all, because I would like to be accepted by all. Soft Smile

Also, as a side note to all these: I think I'm pretty attractive, overall. I mean, sure, there are things I could work on about my appearance but overall I like my look and I hope I exude a certain confidence in that area when other people look at me. I didn't mention this as one of my top 3 though, because I feel it is the most subjective and least important trait that I like about myself.

Now that's done....I hope you all don't think I'm some kind of arrogant jerk-face. Which I can be...but try not to. >_>;

Mock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:56 am Reply with quote        
Don't worry Sly, I said right at the start that no-one will be judged on anything resembling immodesty. And I'm liking your new look, Berry.

WEREWOLVES!
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quote        
Wow, this is such a great thread, I love seeing what people think about themselves in a positive light. It seems all too often I only hear about the negatives from people. c:

1. Well, I am really skinny, and I am pretty sure it's genetic (Although I can't be super sure since I am adopted and never met my real parents XD) But I can eat almost anything I want and never gain weight (I'm eating icecream for breakfast at this very moment hehehehe), which is pretty awesome. Or at least, it's one less thing to worry about lol

2. I have a good work ethic. I made so much money over the past three summers from working my butt off at two different jobs and pretty much sacrificing my summers so I could afford the car I really wanted, and also insurance, and university fees.

3. I'm extremely punctual. If I tell you I am going to be somewhere at a certain time, don't expect me to be early or late. I will arrive just as the clock strikes the time I told you I'd arrive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote        
Hrm...I will join in and do more. Also, I love what I'm reading today. Everyone is so wonderful with such nifty traits! Reading about them is neat! Happy

1) I'm honest. Bluntly so, but honest. I hate lying, and I can't feel comfortable if I do so. Thus, telling the truth is never an issue really. Honesty is the best policy, huh? Happy

2) I'm generally cute. I'm not the prettiest girl in the world or anything, but I'll admit I have my attractive physical qualities.

3) I laugh a lot. I don't know if it counts or not, but to me, that's a positive thing. I'm very easy to get laughing. I'm somewhat serious when I joke that I'll die laughing. Because with how often I laugh and how often I laugh hard, it actually feels like I probably will be laughing when I die. o.o;

fickle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:56 am Reply with quote        
1. i am resourceful and creative. if i didnt have a cubby and i wanted one, id make it out of a box, with a door and a handle even. i look at things and sometimes think of things i can make with it, like a t light holder out of coat hangers, or a spoon made with the aluminum foil of an apple sauce cup if i didnt have a spoon.

2. i never stick grocery bags in grocery bags in grocery bags. it's annoying when i try to grab one bag for my little bin and there are more bags in that one and i have to take them out Duh i know, im silly. shhh

3. i appreciate the differences in people, race, and culture. i dont like pretending like we're all the same when we're different. we're people, we're not the same, and we're beautiful. some races and cultures excel at things that others don't, it's OK.

hey mock, it's cool you have an ear for sounds Soft Smile idk anything about making music, or writing it, i just really like listening to music, and the more parts it has that i can listen to all at once, the better. have you ever heard of braindance?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote        
1. I'm friendly.
2. I'm intelligent.
3. My hair is fantastic.

I don't like talking about myself so I'll just leave it at that but it was nice think about some positives Soft Smile