Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote        
Despite the title, this isn't actually serious, which is why it's here.

So Mum and I were continuing our unpacking and we dug out this box with a load of safety pins in it. And it also had all the baby teeth she'd managed to save that I had lost, including one that had to be taken out by the dentist (long story). But the thing is, I was sure I'd sold those teeth to the tooth fairy. And said fairy had re-sold them to my mother?! Why?!

Naturally, I was indignant, and told Mum that those teeth were mine. And she replied that they weren't, since I'd sold them to the tooth fairy.

What do you guys think? Whose teeth are they? Should I get them back, or should Mum keep them?
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote        
Might turn into a civil suit. You should get a lawyer. Wink The Tooth Fairy would be a key witness, so you'd need to find a way to get in contact with her. Perhaps taking a good ol' trip and knocking some teeth out? lol

But seriously, what would your plans be with your teeth back? Make them into...a Christmas ornament? XD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote        
It's an age old thing that having a bit of someone--hair, blood, tooth--gives you control over them. Which is part of why I don't want Mum to have my teeth. That's why the tooth fairy really exists, so people don't use the teeth to, say, take over the world. That'd be an epic plotline, actually.

Hmm, the Tooth Fairy would be a key witness, wouldn't she. Alright, I'll need chloroform, a burlap sack, and a handy child of the right age. Then it's just a case of waiting for the kid to lose a tooth then staking out in the sproglet's room.

Either that or hammer someone's face in. Or pliars. They work.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote        
Oh my God, Say...you just gave me one terrifying image of a Christmas tree...thanks. xD; Shocked

Technically, I suppose if buyer's rights come into play they'd be your mum's; since you sold them to the Tooth Fairy and she bought them from her. And you know, as they say, possession is 9/10 of the law. Duh

Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quote        
@Kathira: Oh man, that would make for a great plot line. Your antagonist could be named "The Dentist." XD

And I agree, kidnapping a child and plucking out their teeth is a much better plan. Prevents them from becoming an effective zombie disease spreader. XD

@Sly: Right? You could put them in one of those clear bulb ornaments or fashion them into a baby Jesus. lol

And Sly has a point. Get one tooth from the kid to attract the Tooth Fairy in the case that you would need a witness, but also take all the other teeth to sell on the black market for mystical beings who want to be crafty. That way you can offer to buy back your teeth from your mother and hopefully avoid legal stuff which would inevitably lead to awkward dinner conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote        
One loophole you might be able to exploit would be the age laws. I do not think you can be legally bound by contract until you are 18 years old. Any sale could be argued to be an understood verbal contract.

It would be a long shot and you will want to try to print out a preponderance of the evidence but maybe you could confuse her enough to slip it past?
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote        
@Strix: Not entirely sure how well the age thing would work, she'd inevitably bring up the fact that I'm 18 now! Drat.

@Sly:...I was afraid of that.

@Say: I wasn't going to kidnap the child, actually! The stakeout would be the night the kid puts the tooth under the pillow; we wait for the Tooth Fairy and stuff them in the sack.
And selling all a kid's teeth on the magical black market to the type of unscrupulous evil that would want it? That's evil and immoral and I like it. Let's do this! Dodges all those pesky mortal laws at the same time, too, and is a great plotline in and of itself. Combine it with the previous...hmm, I may just have a story here...

EDIT: I love it when she leaves something logged on and goes away!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote        
I would highly recommend reading or watching "Hogfather" by Terry Prachett. It is a philosophical comedy about teaching children how to believe in little lies in order to better believe the larger lies of adulthood such as truth, bravery, and honor.

One of the plotlines is about the tooth fairy collecting people's teeth to prevent the teeth from being used in dark magic by bad people.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote        
I have read that, actually, me and my parents are fans of the entire Discworld series. I'm actually going to try and write this story that we've basically thought the ploline of, and avoiding Hogfather is gonna be one of the major parts of the writing process.

Considering that one had a different goal and there wasn't a black market for that sort of thing, I think I'll manage!

Hogfather is one of my favourite Discworld novels, to be honest. It also put forth a theory that proper kids stories should be about 'orrible murder and blood, stuff like that. So I'd recommend to you that you read 'The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents', which was basically Pterry writing a kid's story based on his theory.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote        
Fantastic! We should become partners! You can handle mostly the selling side dealing with magical black market investors and I could work mostly on increasing our product. Teeth+Baseball Bat = plenty of goods. Beware playgrounds, my pretties. Beware. Twisted Evil

That's a disturbing image. XD