Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SilverPhoenyx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
So here I am sitting at my computer and feeling horrible. I have been sick for a whole month and now - just the other night - I coughed so hard that I cracked a rib. I cracked a rib!!! I am taking Ibuprofen for the pain because I am allergic to nearly everything else. I had to sleep practically sitting up, last night. Rather, I had to force myself to sleep. What's worse, the bathroom is upstairs and it hurts so much to move. I still have a cough, and it nearly kills me every time I cough - as it shoots pain through my whole left side. Last night, it hurt to even breathe! I hiccup, sneeze, cough, burp.. and it feels as if I might just die from the pain. I am still sick, so the pain is worse. You know, I am the one that everyone looks to. I am supposed to be the strong one. I almost never get sick.. but when I do, it knocks me out completely! I went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago, and I was told that it was just a bad cold. Then, I was told that it is viral and I have to let it "run it's course." WHAT?!! I don't want it to run it's course, I want it gone. I was just getting to the point where I could breathe when I woke up.. and not spend the next fifteen minutes coughing up the junk that settled in my chest as I slept. I was just getting to the point where I was able to hold down regular food. Now, even my stomach is squirrel-y. I have a headache. I have general body aches in my back and legs and shoulders.. I have a cough that I cannot get rid of and I have to press my ribs in when I cough so that the intense pain doesn't make me pass out. What did I ever do to deserve this crap? You know, in the beginning of this whole thing, when my throat was starting to give me fits, I drank hot tea with honey and lemon. The honey was a bad call, as it held on to the mucus in my chest and would not let it go away. So, in a way, I guess the honey caused me to crack my rib. For the past two days, I have been drinking Sprite with lime juice in it. The lime juice helps eliminate the mucus, which will kill my cough, but it makes you have to pee like a racehorse. Even now, I have to go to the restroom, and I am dreading the stairs. Every step is like a marathon of pain. I haven't been able to move around like I would like to lately, either, and so I am swollen from lack of proper circulation. Just two days ago, I got my sense of smell back. You know that slightly sour smell that a person has when they are sick?? Well, I smelled myself alright, and went straight to take a hot bath. I thought that the hot soak would help to relieve my pain, and to some degree it helped.. but then I had to get out of the tub. It is so difficult to get out of the tub with a cracked rib. Damn near impossible, really. I had to crawl out of the tub, and then inch myself up into a semi-standing position. It hurt like hell! Even now, I am exhausted, but cannot sleep. I am worn out completely. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. The nurse said that the rib pain is liable to last for three to four weeks, and then it will be tender for about the same amount of time. I am nearly losing my mind with the pain, and nothing will touch it! Please pray for me and send healing energies my way... I need all I can get.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote        
That's simply terrible. :[ It's odd that your illness got so much worse during such a short period of time. I really do hope that things make a turn for the better. ^^

SilverPhoenyx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you.
Actually, it had been going on and on for a month.
The pain got worse when I cracked my rib though.
UGH!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, I see. Well how are you feeling now? Did your day go decently at least?

For the record, you may be the powerful one to look up to, but even the strongest sometimes fall. ^^ Don't go too hard on yourself.

SilverPhoenyx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:59 am Reply with quote        
Thank you.
I gladly accept the rest.
I need it.
Sleep is the ultimate healer.
Red Calypso

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:10 am Reply with quote        
Silver, have you tried Mucinex? Do you have a family member pound your back? Of course, with a broken rib that might not be an option right now...

Edit: Breathing hot steam under a towel or blanket might help too.
SilverPhoenyx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:57 am Reply with quote        
I cannot take Mucinex.
I am allergic to many medications though, so that is no surprise.

We tried percussion, but it didn't work too well.

The steam is great, but only works to clear my sinuses, not my chest congestion.
Mistress Vain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote        
AAAH!! Silver!!! I'm so sorry about your current condition D:. Why haven't scientists found a cure to the common cold yet DX for god sakes we can travel out of the solar system, but we can't even cure the common *freaking* cold. >_<

I'm no medical major or anything so I'm not sure what to suggest. (And that rib sounds like it needs to be checked D: ) But I think you should continue drinking that sprite. You need to "wash out" your system.

I would have suggested using a catheter instead of going to the bathroom, but then I realized that normal people don't use catheters in their own homes. (I watch way too much House >_< )

Made by Pump-chan ^_^.
SilverPhoenyx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote        
LOL!
Wow, you are everywhere.. just like I am.

The "cold" is a catch-all term that, I believe, that doctors use for anything that they cannot explain. They cannot cure it because there are about 485 billion strains of it floating around. Some of them are even resistant to medication.

Or, if you are "lucky" like me, you cannot take anything for it.
:stare:
Twinklestar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote        
Oh my, that is just horrid.
I'm so sorry to hear.
I hope you get better very quickly.

I am the same as you, i don't get sick often.
But when i do, its absolutly terrible.
I hope to never go through what you are going through.
I hope you don't have to go through it again as well.
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
oh jeez that was a big rant x.X

get well soon. Also I recommend tea, its always good for being sick, warms your insides =3

and don't forget "starve a cold, feed a fever" =D

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote        
Well I didn't read the first post, because honestly, it's a seriously huge wall of text. You should try seperating your paragraphs at least. x3x

Based on people's responses though it seems your pretty sick with a lot of allergies. HOT peppermint tea really helps when I have that kind of congestion in my chest. I find that peppermint tea works 10x better than regular mint tea. The brand celestial seasonings makes some great peppermint tea. :3

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote        
Quote:
HOT peppermint tea really helps when I have that kind of congestion in my chest. I find that peppermint tea works 10x better than regular mint tea. The brand celestial seasonings makes some great peppermint tea. :3

Wow....o.O thats the same thing I do!

Well now that there is a second opinion I can say its official that you shoudl start drinking hot peppermint tea =D

SilverPhoenyx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quote        
It just so happens that I have hot peppermint tea.
As long as it is decaffeinated, which I believe it is, I will have to make some.

The caffeine right now makes me cough too hard (It is an expectorant).

With a cracked rib, I really don't need to cough all day and night.

(BTW, a rant is supposed to be on and on. Breaking it up would have taken away from it's rant-esque-ness)

Blame it on Foamy.
http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/foamysrant
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
XD OMG I love Foamy, funny little prick =P

oh and good, enjoy your tea...hopefully =D