Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote        
Hey, Midoreans! A few users have run into a glitch with the avatar page, and I'm trying to figure out what might be causing it. Of course, I'm no developer, so I'm pretty ignorant here. Please don't kill me. Sweat

The glitch that I'm talking about appears whenever you go to the avatar page. Your saved avatar should show up on the left, but some people just have a blank box. So, every time they change their avatar, they have to start all over. This is why you're seeing some users with no base around the forums: since nothing shows up at the beginning of the avatar creation process, they can just make an avatar without one.

No one will be in trouble for using a baseless avatar. But, this can be a very annoying glitch if you want to make quick changes to your avatar, since you'd have to start all over each time. That's why I'm making this thread. I'm trying to figure out what users with the glitch have in common.

So, if you have the glitch, please post here. Tell me what browser your're using, and tell me if it's outdated. And, please tell me when you joined Midorea.

If you don't mind, please also run this speed test (don't worry, the website is safe) and tell me what your results were. At the end it will give you an option to share your result. Just copy the first link provided and paste it here, if you're comfortable sharing that information.

These are the only things that I can think of that afflicted users may share. Please give me more information if you think that it may be relevant. Thank you for reading this wall of text, and thank you in advance for your cooperation. We hope to get this problem fixed soon.

Mock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
I'm enjoying the glitch, but I can see how it could be problematic for others. I'm using Chrome and I joined on the 29th of September, 2013.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote        
I'm looking into a way to make it so that you can achieve the same result without the glitch. Thank you for the information!

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote        
You already know this, but I'll put it here for future referance. Joined 15th Sept, using an outdated version of Firefox.