Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Garrison

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not gonna totally disown the pokefarm staff, but i was banned from the chat "until further notice" because i made a mod's PC freeze trying to load the history. And i didn't SPAM the chat like asdfghjkl; that, i was actually writing out a story about my imaginary boyfriend, Troy, coming over for a visit... And then they banned me from the site for saying i will be using PokeHeroes more frequently (which is understandable because they have strict advertising rules-- especially when it comes to competing sites)
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote        
Ah. Yes, they can, on rare occasions, be complete idiots. I had a friend that I met on PF who posted in a friend's journal and another friends chat, which got her muted for 'spam'. She then said, on a completely different forum that had no relation to PF and was just a forum, that she wanted PF to change. And got perma banned for 'plotting against Pokefarm'. So apparently she was not only banned for saying something actually rather innocuous on a different site, but was effectively being stalked on it first.

Yeah, I got angry at that one. I personally have had no problems with the staff, thankfully.
Garrison

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote        
KathiraNarae wrote:
Ah. Yes, they can, on rare occasions, be complete idiots. I had a friend that I met on PF who posted in a friend's journal and another friends chat, which got her muted for 'spam'. She then said, on a completely different forum that had no relation to PF and was just a forum, that she wanted PF to change. And got perma banned for 'plotting against Pokefarm'. So apparently she was not only banned for saying something actually rather innocuous on a different site, but was effectively being stalked on it first.

Yeah, I got angry at that one. I personally have had no problems with the staff, thankfully.

Omg, that's terrible!! I asked pokefarm to be a little less strict and like 3 mods and 2 community members spazz-attacked me and were highly rude about it too. They had no right, which made me pretty angry. But, if anything good came out of being on PF, it's that i did manage to make 2 good friends, but i don't talk to them anymore since i was perma banned for 100 years...
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote        
Mostly, they're quite good, but it is occasionally that they are far too strict. And no-one likes to be called wrong, so they naturally blow their tops. It is stupid, I will admit.

None of that here, though, from what I've seen.
Pikmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:37 am Reply with quote        
I found Midorea a long time ago from an advert on Valenth - Normally I never click on adverts but it stood out with all the blues and greens, which I love..

Don't even go Valenth anymore lol, they did a few things to annoy me... Plus the whole GOTTA HOARD 'EM ALL mentality got kinda annoying.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Tharain Blackshield

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote        
I Google searched *Online avatar communities* And this was on a Squidoo list I believe. I've been here before (through the same list I think) but since I made an account and never posted I decided it might be better to start again from scratch with a new username rather than doing the sensible thing and logging in on my old one...
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote        
...Are you sure you didn't just forget your original logon like I usually do on sites? Because if not, you can always make the original a mule or something.

Tharain Blackshield

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
Naw I know my original, I looked on my secondary email account to find it, I'll probably use it as a mule, but right now, I don't need use of one! *Giggles*
Whitewitch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote        
My RL daughter (Kathira) was on here and organising a game called Werewolves. I thought it looked interesting so I joined the site just to join the game. But I've posted in a few threads now, and am gradually looking round and learning about people. I've only ever been on one forum regularly before, and that was about ten years ago. I joined to RP, but most of the players were in the US and I was in UK, so the time difference killed it. Everyone on here I've met so far has been so friendly, I might stick around for a while!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote        
I believe I first heard about Midorea through a friend of mine on Roliana.
hiei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote        
It's been so long I don't remember.
I use to sign up to like all the avatar sites ever made, so yea.
Hai
Basie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote        
I googled "Sites like Gaiaonline", because I like the idea of the avatar sites but I don't really like Gaia. Midorea showed up and it seemed pretty cool with the battleground type stuff
Firon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:35 pm Reply with quote        
I've been into avatar sites lately. Though maybe I've been signing up for too many of them... x3 I'm pretty much trying to find a site that I know I'll be sticking with for a while, so I've just been going down a list I found off of google.
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote        
I...Don't remember. Huh.
Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote        
I'm a sucker for customisable avatar sites. I came from gaiaonline too, I really love how much variety is on there, I used it to improve my manga art skills by drawing people's avis (the range of variety made it chaotic and fun). However the community on there is so impersonal due to it's huge population (and the economy lately has gone completely mental) so I put feelers out for somewhere a bit warmer and found this via a google search.