Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Runway
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote        
Do you ever go crazy with MAD when new items come out?

Yeah, me neither...

1. Ehh, not too happy with this one. It was a Poison Dragon using ASTRAL energy, but I got a little distracted by that one ARI that has all the fur. It looked so good with the base that I used it, but it took away from the poison/ASTRAL theme. Will go back to it sometime.
2. Earth against ASTRAL. My idea was that ASTRAL energy is contaminating the earth, as seen by the gas mask. Earth is fighting it off though, which you can tell from the cape. It's trying to remain grounded: there's no purple on the legs/feet.

3. Ice and ASTRAL. Ice tries to stand strong against the energies, and although it still remains stable, you can see the life in its eyes is drainging.
4. Water and ASTRAL. Water is content to blend with ASTRAL. It doesn't seek to control it or fight against it.

5. Wind and ASTRAL. Although wind isn't concerned with fighting or controlling ASTRAL, it is not trying to blend like water. Rather, it goes with it. Wind is used to taking what comes and working with it.
6. Fire and ASTRAL. Fire is already familiar with learning to control powerful energy, and it has mastered the control of ASTRAL energy here.

7. Random character. They just looked pretty. I started with the green thing in the background and worked from there.
8. Another random character, themed as a warrior this time. I liked combining armors with the sash here.

(Okay, the last one doesn't use them. But I still like it.)

Pikmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
Oooo, I like bottom left, and one up from the bottom right~
I love working out what colours will go with new stuff, and those two do it well in my opinion~
Might try some MADness later :p

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote        
At first I was just doing whatever came to mind, but then I went with an elemental theme and got carried away, haha. Now my head hurts. xP

Show me what you make when you're done!

Pikmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote        
Made some Happy

Quite fond of the funky fish one... -sighs- Now I need a guise of the saidon. Oh Mai

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote        
Oooh, I think that's my favorite too. I also like the pink one though.

I looooove the saidon items/lore. I want to see more of it.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote        
Chu, I love your creation with the long white hair! Happy

And Pikmin, I really like the one with the gold in it. Not enough gold colored items are used. Happy

I haven't tried making any creations with the new items yet. I'll have to get on that. I did try and my my avatar into Princess Mononoke today, but I couldn't find the right items to make it realistic. :/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote        
A Princess Mononoke avatar would be cool to see. :O

It never occurred to me to share these things, but I kind of treat avatars like characters. I included the descriptions in the first post, in case anyone is interested. ^^

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, she ended up looking more like a school girl than wolf warrior. Couldn't find shoes, arm and head bands, and a dark blue shirt that would work. The hair, white over top, dagger, and red face tattoos were easy enough, though. I wish I had some kind of white wolf headdress and cape. Might still pull out what I did make for Halloween though.

I went through and read your descriptions! Your avis are a lot more involved and representative than mine are. Oh Mai The avatars you created definitely looked like what you described. I also loved all your warrior characters. They're my favorite to make. Happy

My new avatar started with wanting to use the runes...then turned into an aimless color splash warrior. Ah well, looks pretty. XD I have no idea what the hell the theme would even be. Rainbow warrior?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:38 am Reply with quote        
Don't really go crazy on MAD when new things come out, but I do go crazy making possible avatars on the regular page. xD

I made Sheeta (from castle in the sky) and Sophie (from howl's moving castle) avatar's ages agooo. I've got 'em saved and everything even though I never used them U:

I sometimes have themes or ideas I go for, but I never put quite as much thought into it as Chu does... This one is kinda the lights in the darkness, bright and maybe even hard to look at but at the same time it's the only thing you can focus on because can't exactly look at darkness. I've got the pale lights (kinda like the moon and the stars from earth) and the fiery lights as well.

I also had a set of avatars I did for the zodiac... But I never managed to make avatars for libra, scorpio, or cancer so the rest are just sitting there :

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.