Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic Who's up for a group rp? (Open for discussing/joining ^^)
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote        
Ok. I was thinking semi-literate, and fantasy like. Dragons, magic, swords and stuff like that. I want to know who's interested before I set rules and character bios and history and such.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote        
I might be interested in it! Sounds like all sorts of mayhem can ensue <3

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote        
If you want, I've got a roleplay going now that's more urban fantasy (that I really need to reply in some time soon...). It's called Naturally Dark. Mages and vampires and werewolves, oh my. (~o.o)~

If you were interested in joining stuff that was already started. If not, I shall fade back into my oblivion of ineptitude.

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote        
I am definitely interested in getting into something. I can post about once a day. And I am good for pretty much any genre. I did notice the 'Naturally dark' but it had already gone quiet for several days. I will start reading through it to see if I can work something in.

Crystal, Do you have an actual campaign set up? I notice that most rpg's tend to sputter out pretty quickly so it will take a very active and highly adaptable game master to keep it moving. Even if a couple characters loose interest. That is a lot easier to do if you have a solid idea about what direction you want the game to go in.
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote        
Ooh? Nice selection ^^
I can make fairly interesting if needed. I'm a... Senior when it comes to roleplaying, so keeping things interesting has been surgically installed into my brain. It's part of my mechanism now. XD
Ok, so I was thinking something along the lines of (if it's not taken already) a world that's been long since forgotton by ours, filled woth magic and mythical creatures and such, called Asthea. It's a beautiful world, but theres an itty bitty problem. The king has just been assassinated. There is no ruler and a group of skilled fighters have been running rampant while the village's struggle to survive. We can be some (new recruits to the dark side) villagers/townspeople that have managed to survive and/or get skilled at fighting. We can choose the dark side, otr helping the townspeople. We can know magic, and certain skills that are unique to our characters.

Something along those lines, feel free to ridicule/reject/add on/tellmeit'sbeentaken/anything.
Kyoki Faust

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote        
-peeks in around corner- ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴

I'd like to join. I usually play an oddball with white hair based off of my usual character, since my usual character is meant as a neutral/antagonizing character in stories my classmates write. So a magician would be fun. What type of races might there be? Is it only human? Or can there be other races we can interact with?

Sneezy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote        
Hello c: I would like to join as well~ It sounds pretty interesting
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote        
I just posted the rp.
And to answer your question grey (yes I read that post >V<) there is other races. Seeing as this is a mythical world with magic people tend to change their appearance and DNA to create a new race all the time. However, even though you might be experienced spellcasters I'm hoping to keep it simple for now. Here's a list of races I'm thinking of letting in for now:

Shades
Wraith's
Witch/wizard
Neko (I'm a stickler for neko's. DUN JUDGE MEH!)
Dragons
Fae (yes. Fairies. There might not even be any)
Certain mythical creatures that have no name until we run into them and I'm forced to name them something really weird and confusing
Human
Elf
Demon
Half-Demon
Angel
Half-Angel
Nephilim
Along those lines.

However, I'm not going to allow Vampires or Werewolves. Not this time. I find they're too... Unmagical. Don't get me wrong I like em and all! But no. Werewolves pretty much fall under neko, but unless you already have wolf ears and a wolf tail you can't turn into a wolf. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Heres the link for the rp: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=10412

Oh, my character is just 15. Her name is Akira Hatsune. She's a dragon tamer/mage/swordsman. She knows how to do all three, but she's best at dragon taming. She's a human that looks (mostly) like my avatar, except no ears and she diesn't wear a dress. She wears pants and a long sleeved shirt, along with a coat that covers it all. Her personality varies upon the situation, or however I feel she should act like. Thus: mood swings to the max. Nothing all that big though, just personality shifts.
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote        
'Bibo Ergo Sum' is an old gunslinger. He is somewhere around 35-40 years old. He has lost track of his exact age. He tried to learn magic but just didn't have the patients or talent for it. Once he learned how to enchant bullets so they can actually hurt mystic/magical critters, the rest just seemed boring. He boozes, he tells boring stories, and he shoots at things that annoy him. He grew up an orphan with no ties or strong beliefs other than the understanding that if he didn't help himself, then nobody else would either.
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote        
Okies ^^
Kyoki Faust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
Jexule Raize (Yeck-sewl Raise)

Looking rather sickly, Jexule stands at about six foot five inches, but with a lean body that makes him look like you could easily snap him in half. He's about 23, and still young, and often reckless. He learned simple magics, such as wards, and healing, as well as condensing energy to form bolts, much like arrows. An awkward spell he made, and is still working on, and can sometimes misfire and, if he doesn't move his hand away quick enough, launch straight through his hand. He learned that the hard way, and now can barely use his right hand. The nerves in it are shot, and he uses it to retrieve hot and cold things. Usually, he wears a long coat with deep pockets, in which he stores scalpels and scissors, and other sampling tools.

Pupnutie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote        
Hey if any are still interested check out this Pokemon Roleplay for slow RP'ers. We're currently accepting and would like a few more members before we kick start the actual RP thread.