Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote        
Hey everyone, we're excited to introduce several new permanent quests. They are offered by Uro, and are located in the Great Gated City Outskirts.

There are 10 quests in all, each one limited to the level you are currently at. So starting from level 1, Uro will explain how the different faucets of the Battle System work and give out items, and continue all the way up to level 10 where you will receive a special item that reflects your alignment.

These quests will require that you bring Uro special ingredients, found by battling monsters in the battle system and occasionally from browsing the forum. You must be in the outskirts zone to find the ingredients in the forum. Monsters in any zone will have their respective loots.

Head to the Explore page to complete the quests!

Iron Ore
Pirate Monkee, Imp, Tornado

Tiger Claws
Wild Tiger

Copper
Imp, Rat

Femur
Pirate Monkee, Flying Cow, Ogre

Bee Stinger
Bumblebee
Kalietha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote        
*twitchtwitch* Decisions decisions...I assume I lose all my forging skill as well if I create a new character to do the quests...do I need to make sure to unequip all my armor first too?
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, you do loose your forging skills and all related character stats. You can also create a mule account if you would rather not delete your main character. Smile

And no, you don't have to unequip it. Your armor should be unaffected.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote        
Awesome! I'm excited to start this. Happy Do I have to do the quests in order or can I complete the later quests, reset my character, and then do the beginning ones?
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote        
You can do them in any order you want! Smile

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote        
Sweet. Happy

I just noticed the new art for the Ice landscapes. They are gorgeous! I love the way the human is drawn in Leyward.
Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote        
Oh wow this is awesome!!
the only thing I disagree with is making them lvl-restricted....>.<
I mean what is the point of that? if I may ask.
I am like level 28....and it took me a long time to get here
so I would not really like to re-start my character cause I already did that once for the new battle system. As i'm sure others have too.

and lvl up a mule character is just Duh , I want all the pretty items C'x...but couldn't it be more older user friendly? I mean the way I see it I am still going to have to fight the monsters to get the materials.....and I've gotten this far up on a lvl because I myself have lvl the character....so that isn't cheating in any way Sweat .........so why the restriction? :O
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote        
All of the quest prizes are existing items. Smile It's basically a quest to help those just starting out, as the prizes are generally bags of silver/weapons/armor and healing potions. The level 10 items are the Scythes of Evil/Neutrality/Purity.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not going to go into the details, but we do currently know of a way to fix this issue - but it would bring about a lot of glitches that would make the whole quest chain a mess. We're going to be looking into those issues and trying to solve the problem though. We just can't make any promises yet.

And, so you all know, this won't be the end of our work with quests. We just wanted to start out with something to push low-leveled users along and give them a little guidance with the system. If you have any feedback on the dialogue or the "tutorial" (this isn't the official tutorial, however) that we're doing, then please post it here!

Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote        
Oh do I feel so smart now x'D!!!!

now I see, thank you for explaining it to me catghost! (Oh and chu too!! heheh you beat me posting)
I wish I had this when I was new >.<....I remember that the the scythe of purity was the best weapon ever for me C'x
I felt so powerful with it x'D
until I met invincible mom/dad/sir

speaking of weapon....I was wondering why the event forum wasn't close yet? and/or the contest x'D
but it seems in the past it does take this long for you guys to close up contents so I'm not worried or anything C'x

and I have one more question if you don't mind me ( I know i'm sorry x3)
why are weapons like the Kaujas Usagijan that use mana aren't able to been enchanted to be more powerful? :O and you know all the other event items that have elemental attack capabilities.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote        
Admittedly we dawdle on closing event forums because people don't post in there after events anyway. There's not really a reason beyond that. XD We never have more than one open though. At least, not that I remember.

The enchantment ability came after a lot of those weapons, which is why you can't enchant them. We may go back and change that in the past - but honestly, those weapons are exceptionally powerful, anyway. I don't personally see much reason to change them. Of course, that's just my opinion, and it can be changed. If someone proves me wrong or brings up a good point then we could look into changing them.

I hope I covered everything. ^^; If I didn't properly answer one of your questions, or just ignored it, do tell me.

Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you Chu for the lovely explanation for me C:

I see now , I was wondering more on the contest parts but I read the charity event so now I know why the contests haven't been closed yet x'D. And I just want to say that I understand completely c;
you guys get that done when you guys can get it done.
by the way I entered a monster for your contest a while back so I just want to make sure it is added to the front page Laugh
other then that it's all good <3

I understand where you come from, but to my understanding the monsters that will come out of the current contest will be more powerful yes? or at least there will be more powerful versions of them as we progress in level up.
So making it nice to have weapons that are as powerful too and the easiest way I think ( relatively easy since I have no experience with codding, it might not....it's just what I know Sweat ) to have more powerful weapons for more powerful monsters (monsters for lvl 20 and up for example) would be to allow the enchanted of already established versions/ items in the site.
instead of making a whole lot of new weapons with more power.

But of course i'm only speaking hypothetically and somewhere (hopefully in the near) Future, but it is alright if it is far away. We are all busy people, but in my opinion it could be useful ;D
I know that monsters for example like the invincible mom can deal damage of 60-80 damager, ( I've even gotten a critical hit of 110!!! , which might just be unlucky on my part) so why are we not able to do at least almost that damage (close to maybe).
the scythe of wind for example with my new stats, being a lvl 28 and a fighter(warrior) only gets me a damage of 36, ( and this being already enchanted) so it's like no where near the attack capability the big monsters have.

This is just my observation though, someone is free to disagree with me Hai
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote        
Oh wow, I'm glad you told me that! All of the entries are accounted for now.

See, event weapons don't have any restrictions on them. So, I don't think that they should be that powerful. A level 1 user with a 20-power weapon just doesn't seem right. I think that weapons in the shops and from quests or drops should be the most powerful ones, because those would have restrictions.

I am hoping to make the invincibles more worthwhile to fight - but I also already have two high-leveled weapons waiting to be released for them too. Currently, our weapons only account for so many levels. We're planning on making more for higher ones.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote        
How exactly do you obtain those quest items? Just by fighting monsters and praying the items drop, or something else? It's not exactly clear to me.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quote        
You battle monsters to collect their drops. The monsters along with their corresponding drops are listed in the first post.

You can also occasionally find them browsing the forums, but they're pretty rare.