Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

How would you want old rares re-released?
Auctions
5%
 5%  [ 13 ]
Raffles
20%
 20%  [ 49 ]
Sell them for gold for a limited amount of time
23%
 23%  [ 56 ]
Mystery box type item that has a small chance to give you an old rare
47%
 47%  [ 115 ]
I don't want old rares re-released
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 243

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
How would you want old rares re-released? You can give a detailed opinion in this thread.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote        
There should be an answer that says multiple or any method, because it's hard to choose from the list x-o I think auctions and raffles are a generally safe bet, but the mystery box type of thing would be a rather interesting way to go about it as well.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I don't know which one to choose either. Figuring out what will be fair to everyone is the difficult part. I'll have to think on this one. ^^;
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote        
I Picked one but now I wish i hadn't because to be there's several of the methods here i would agree with. The Mystery box and the gold method or just so many choices and they are all really good ideas and and *Dies*

Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:01 am Reply with quote        
Like other people in this thread, I can agree with several...

Auctions are a good way to get some silver out of the system ('cos lets face it, people have a LOT)

Raffles are a good way to get a little silver out of the system but also give everyone a fair chance, especially if you limit the amount of tickets per person.

The mystery box seems like a pretty sweet idea too, one thing I wondered a while ago along the same thread was you know the Invincibles in the battle system.. Maybe give them a chance to drop a box which has a chance of an older ARI? 'cos at the moment those guys just exist to be ran from xD

Selling them for gold is also a pretty neat idea, more straight forward for those of us who have zero luck with raffles / mystery boxes, and go sleep before auctions end :p

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote        
We're trying to collect some data on this topic, so adding in a "all/several" option would dilute it because we wouldn't know which one they supported. If you'd like to post in here stating which ones you'd like to see, then that's fine! The poll doesn't really allow for much detail.

Anyway, I am glad to see a positive response towards re-releasing gold and relic items! We were hesitant about the general attitude towards re-releasing, but this has eased some of the worry.

What is your general thoughts on re-releasing to the gold shop, also? Should relics and rares be increased in gold price to reflect their age/rarity? And again, for the Mystery Boxes, what if we offered a a cheap(less than 20) gacha/RIG item that has several items specific to that gacha, and include a small percentage to win an old rare as well?

Auctions and raffles are pretty straight forward, but if you have any ideas/opinions regarding those please let us know!

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Pikmin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote        
I toyed with a few ideas...

1: Make the old items more expensive.
2: Make them limited quantity.
3: Make them limited time.

But... The last two seemed kinda unfair seeing as someone could probably be away for like a week and miss it. As for the quantity, still unfair to people away at a bad time, and something would have to be done to make them one or two per person so people don't hoard them like a crazy person.

TL;DR - Making them more expensive seems like the best option, maybe... 40 - 80? Maybe it should depend on just how old they are...

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote        
We could base the price on their age. For each year, they go up in price times 1.5?

So 2008 relics would cost 150g, 2009:100g, 2010:70g, etc. Do these price seem fair? Or should they be higher/lower?

We could put them in the gold shop corresponding to their original release month - so May relics available in May? Perhaps hold a poll prior to decide what year we should re-release for that month.

I'm still open to suggestions.

Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote        
I feel like that is a bit too much gold D:. Counting the amount of activity the site gets through the market is very limited and so getting the gold to pay for these on time before another item comes is nearly impossible---with this price(considering people such as myself who cannot donate for lack of credit card/no job/ no extra money to spare or what have you ^^Wink Which rely on getting their gold from playing with the site and earning silver to pay for gold through other members (which as mentioned before aren't many that would sell to begin with). And now I know that this is only my opinion on the pricing and others may have another view but the price between 40-50g sound much more realistic and somewhat approachable to ,for example me (or others like me) that would only be able to get gold through others. Sweat

I mean maybe for now have these ancient items be of lower price? since we are a very very small community still and the whole point of re-releasing items was to get more of them out to user ( new and old, but specially the new) and making them very high in price such as 100+ would defeat the purpose of putting these items out there for people if they can't get them >.<. And then only a few of these would be bought by those who can donate.
Sure if they're lower....more people would buy them...but that is the point! x'D ( in my opinion), this way as more people have more copies....more people would sell them (because they want other items)....more silver would flow through the users instead of being stagnant in the vault/account......more users would want to sell their old items for silver to buy other items and silver will start to gain it's worth back!!
The economy is now finally shifting somewhat C:
(with the help of CHu's auction I have seen now that silver is getting it's worth back (since she has now created a silver sink for the site through this auctions which is a very good thing)since think about it....if you had money but nothing to spend it on it would just keep collecting and then it would loose all of it's worth for you because there's nothing to use it on and other people don't want it then ,why to have it right? might as well keep the few spares of items you have in the hopes of getting that old item you've been questing since silver isn't worth much before.

Anyway back on the topic of relic worth ( I know I strayed a bit)
I like the idea of releasing old relics through the original relic's release date...that sounds like a good organized way to do it x'D. I am also fond of the poll idea.

I do have a suggestion for you cat Happy....have you ever though of re-coloring old relic items and re-releasing them again as for example a monthly relic again? i would (think) it will help you with the pressure of creating new ones each month and perhaps give you some wiggle room? Like for example Eloquial dove wings in blue, or an all black phoenix ( it think the wings would look so good in black )
maybe give them a special name like.... *exalted items* or something so as to go with the RPG of the site?
Just something for you to think about

So.....I hope I have been somewhat helpful with my insight Happy . I am just so happy that these items are coming back either way to obtain them because honestly when I first joined it seemed like mission impossible to get C:
but would greatly appreciate them being at an affordable price.
somewhere around the 40-50s....which is already much more then for new monthly relics (at it should be c'x)

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote        
The prices in the 100s do seem a bit on the high side. Something more around 50-70 range even 80 being up there would probably be more agreeable especially to those that are unable to donate and such. I also agree that there should be a limited amount that can be purchased per main accounts and mules.

The release dates seem appropriate re-releasing and older May or whatever month item along with that months relics but make the older ones be there for a shorter time than that actual months relics. The older the relic the higher the gold and such.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote        
The only relics that would sell for above 100g would be the ones from 4-5 years ago. I feel that anything under for those that old and rare would be unfair, and defeats the point of relics. They're not suppose to be easily accessible by everyone. But of course, we don't want them to be impossible to get, which they almost are. We have to find a balance somewhere, and that balance, I do not feel, is selling them for 50g each.

I understand that a month is not enough time to get the gold, so if a time increase is what we'd need, then we could give a months time for each year the relic has been out. 5 year relics would get 5 months priced at 150g, 4 years = 4 months at 100g. We would manage how many were in at a time so as to not gouge users and give a fair chance for everyone. And of course, we'd place balanced silver sinks to combat the influx of silver these items would create, from users trying to attain them. Smile

Prices: 2008:150g, 2009:100g, 2010:70g, 2011:45g, 2012:30g

Not to shoot down your idea, I'm just trying to make our reasoning clear. We're still not 100% on the details, so don't expect these prices to be the same, or any ideas I've offered up to be the end all. We're still discussing this, and would appreciate it if everyone would continue to offer their opinions.

As for your exalted item idea, that is actually quite interesting. I vaguely remember another site doing this, though maybe not? But having versions with special colors sounds fun and doesn't necessarily negate the value of the originals. We'll definitely have to discuss this option. Thank you!

Thanks again for the input everyone.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote        
I agree with your prices on the really old relics, it makes sense that the older stuff shouldn't be easy to get, just.. possible. I mean whenever people make things too easy to get on mmos it normally results in the death of said mmo (been there, done that, not got the t-shirt 'cos I like shirts with birds on them)

.... Make green/white/orange recolours of everything <_<
Not even kidding.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:02 am Reply with quote        
As someone who has no spare money to put into a website and has a steadfast resolution to never put in real money for that sort of thing, I am naturally completely opposed to the idea of reselling relics for gold. I'm actually opposed to selling anything for gold. But considering why gold is bought for real money, and the fact that some very nice users will sell their gold or items bought with gold for silver, I kinda overlook it.

That said, I think that the old stuff should be handed out a different way as well, not just with an upped gold price. Personally, I'm quite partial to a type of mystery box as well, perhaps a new box to run in tandem with the daily prize, the new one only sollectable once a week with higher silver output and a slight chance of any gold-bought item or outright gold? I do say and mean slight, as in perhaps 1-5% chance outright gold, 1-5% chance old gold-bought item, rest of chance given to silver and commons/mystery box items. Just a thought. That would allow people with no money to more easily get the gold items if necessary, and give you more wriggle room with gold pricing for the certain obtaining of the old stuff.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:35 am Reply with quote        
I agree wholeheartedly with Kathira, on both points. I think the weekly special-box is a good idea, but she's right that it would have to just be a really slim chance of handing out gold or gold items, otherwise it'd become pointless.
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote        
I like the idea of re-releases at the gold shop, and item boxes. Perhaps special item boxes for relics, and put re-colours in the gold shop for the month that they were originally released?

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.