Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Wishing Well
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:45 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, pets other than fluffy ones kinda freak me out. Snakes and turtles and lizards I've heard are great, but my idea of a pet has always been something I can sit on the couch and cuddle with.

Post post post!!! How is everyone who doesn't live on the West coast, USA fairing with the weather? They aren't talking about anything else on the nightly news. -.- Correspondents are throwing boiling water into the air and turning it into snow?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote        
Currently, Kelowna is one of the warmest places in Canada. I have very little snow, but I've seen on the news just how horrobly cold it is in Calgary. I'm guessing that the other towns/cities around me are all right--Penticton, Vernon, etc.--but then they're all about Kelown'a elevation and side of the mountains. Most of the snow is on the Eastern side of the Rockies, so I'm pretty much in the shadow when it comes to snowfall.

I have now idea what Vancouver's like, but it's like Manchester and probably has plain old English-type rain.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:00 am Reply with quote        
I don't think throwing boiling water into the air creates snow, Say. But they did say we're going to be getting to the high fifties this weekend. They also said areas near the city are expecting snow. Which makes no sense when it's non-freezing weather o.O

Peril

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote        
Oh hey, maybe I should be posting here too!

Yeah, the weather is bad... It was in the negative twenties here most of the week. I made it a point not to go outside. ><

Peril is also Zillah.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote        
I made a point not to go out either. But that was because I was already coughing enough to lose ten pounds if I kept it up. Seriously, my coughing fits were nuts and exhausting.

Still are nuts, but the meds are helping now Happy

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote        
John Stewart did a special about how news reports were throwing boiling water into the air and having it immediately turn into snow. kinda cool, actually, but it must be happening where peril lives. Negative twenty? Holy shit.

Is it true that the negative temperatures all feels the same after breaking 0 degrees Fahrenheit?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote        
No, it's not true >:c I've been in negative degrees. -5 is still way better than -20. They all suck though.

Also we had -10 to -15 in my area a few weeks ago. Well it was actually like -1 or so, but the windchill made them claim otherwise. Our area has been really sporadically switching between 10 and 60 degrees recently. o.o;

Peril

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote        
Oh man. The cold air probably would feel awful on your lungs, June. ><

Hm, I wonder how cold it has to be to make that work. I don't know for sure if negative twenty is cold enough. But yeah, Say, there is some truth to that. At least, the difference between 65 and 70 degrees is obvious, but the difference between -15 and -20 is pretty unnoticeable.

Now I'm back to the town I go to college in, where it's more like -10 but it's windy as hell and there is like three feet of snow on every roof.

Peril is also Zillah.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
Peril, just whereabouts are you that you have three feet of snow already? Are you in Kansas or North Dakota by chance? xD

And yeah, it's definitely no good on my lungs (or immune system)...That's probably where I got this throat infection from xD

Peril

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote        
Houghton, Michigan. It's the sister city to Hancock, which is the third snowiest city in the U.S. (as ranked by weather.com). We are right on Lake Superior so we get crazy lake effect.

Get better soon, June!

Peril is also Zillah.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:19 am Reply with quote        
Ah okay. I have another friend in Michigan too. I don't know where in Michigan she is though. But in her area the weather is more similar to ours, with the noted temperature records being only two degrees normally separate from New Jersey.

Peril

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote        
That's interesting. I have heard that it's almost as bad in lower Michigan right now as it is here.

Peril is also Zillah.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote        
Well, I don't really know much about it myself.
And it's been a while since I posted in here, oops.
But this is a great way to keep my eyes from bleeding from too much Notepad Dash xD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote        
I posted a new poll in my auction thread. Go vote for the item you want the most!

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote        
I have voted! Time to silver grind again...

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next