Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic Close Encounters...of the Dead Kind. (Sly and June-June.)
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote        
Eden fidgeted nervously. She really hoped she was doing the right thing by having Abby come along. She also hoped that irritating...voice...in her head wouldn't stay mad for too long; just in case she needed him, or something.

"Ah...uh that's ok, Heidi. I understand if you've got things to do. We'll be sure to let you know if anything interesting happens. Right, Abby? As for a meeting point...um...do you know that little coffee shop just down the street from the school? What about we meet there...whenever's good for you tomorrow?" Sweat

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quote        
"Coffee shop is fine. Hm...How about around three? Or would it be better to go at night?" Abigail took a quick moment to mull over the matter, but blew it off as briskly as she'd brought it up in the end. "Well, we can always have some coffee before we go anyway, so...Three sound good to you?"

Luckily she knew the coffee shop well- most students knew that shop, after all. Though Abigail didn't drink a lot of coffee, she did occasionally want some. And for a ghost hunt, it'd probably be best to have some caffeine in her system. "I'll make sure to wait for you outside if I get there first, so wait for me too, okay?"

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote        
((I hope you don't mind if I go ahead and skip to the next day here, June. If you do, let me know and I'll edit. Sweat ))

Eden smiled at Abby. She was happy the girl had agreed to come along so willingly. Despite any misgivings she may have had, she had to admit that it was nice to have a friend to do these things with again.

"Sure. 3 o'clock works fine for me. Honestly, spirits are most active in the hour or so just before sundown and then periodically throughout the night until sunrise; so ideally we'd want to be there around 5:30 or 6:00 pm if we hope to see anything. But 'll have some stuff I'll need to set up first, at any rate...and I want to run a few things by you, and sort of make a plan before that. So, yeah, 3 is good. We'll have some coffee, go over some things, and then head out for the old place at maybe 4:00 or 4:30. If you have any questions about any of this, be sure to ask me them tomorrow before we get there...I'm pretty knowledgeable in these things, and I'd prefer that we both go in as prepared as possible...just in case." "In case" of what she didn't say. "And of course I'll wait for you if I get there first." Soft Smile

After another few amicable minutes with her new friends, Eden excused herself and headed home. Her small apartment seemed particularly empty without the voice that usually filled her thoughts chiming in. She guessed she really had made that little hitchhiker mad. "Marius I'm sorry." Though she had spoken aloud, no voice answered her in her had or otherwise. “Fine. Be that way.” She sighed and went to fix herself a light dinner. She spent the rest of the night in relative silence (save for the music blasting from her laptop) preparing the things she would need for tomorrow. She packed everything up, took a long hot shower, and when Marius still hadn't said anything, she went to bed feeling quite irritated. She could feel him sulking in the corners of her mind all day, and yet he still refused to speak with her. Really! What a stubborn ass.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eden had gotten up early, gone for a run, actually done some homework she needed to get out of the way, fixed herself breakfast and was already feeling quite productive by the time she arrived at the coffee shop that afternoon. She was early, she knew it, but still she checked her watch. 2:45; still 15 minutes to wait for Abby. She sat on the sidewalk, waiting outside as she had promised, and let her thoughts drift. Marius had been oddly quiet since the words the two had exchanged at Abby's yesterday; a fact Eden found disconcerting, to say the least. The spirit that shared her skull was always a bit cantankerous, but he usually only remained quite for so long if he was worried about something...and something that could worry a ghostly knight certainly worried her. She closed her eyes and thought hard.

I am sorry, you know. I wish you would talk to me.

Will you listen?

Eden almost jumped at hearing Marius's voice again. After she had collected herself, she thought of replying with something smart like "I always listen," thought it best not to tempt the spirit's temper, and simply nodded instead. Although Marius remained silent and she could feel him hesitating. She sighed...apparently getting anything out of him today was going to be like pulling teeth.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote        
She was in quite a hurry as the clock struck for five to three, her feet moving faster than her mind ever could as she raced the clock. She was afraid of being late for their meeting, face flushing from running far more than she wanted during the day and embarrassment over her tardiness. Generally, Abby was as prompt as she was sarcastic and logical. Today, time was far from her side.

Seeing Eden at the coffee shop they'd planned for, she started to slow to a mild jog, then a power walk. "Sorry I'm late," She mused quietly. She was a bit tired from rushing, and her hair was as haphazard as her slightly unzipped bag's innards. "Some teachers don't know how to end a lecture...Should we get going to the library?"

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote        
Eden looked up just as Abby came jogging up. She smiled a little at how flustered the otherwise normal girl seemed.

"It's okay, I understand completely. I have a few teachers like that, myself. Um..."

She glanced at her watch, it was just now 3:25 so they still had some time before they needed to get to the library.

"We actually don't need to be there for another hour or so and it's not that far away from here, so we can grab some coffee and sort of go over what we should do when we get there...I mean, if you don't mind? I'll even buy you a coffee...or whatever you'd like...for being a good sport and coming with me today." Sweat

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:25 am Reply with quote        
"It's not like I mind it any," Abigail replied rather easily. "I mean, I do this sort of thing all the time. This time, I'm just with someone calmer than Heidi. Actually, I sort of like that change." She giggled a bit, smiling brightly. "Heidi's a good girl, but her energy level is really hard to keep up with."

As for coffee, it was rather late to Abigail. If she was going to have a drink, it'd be something lacking caffeine- and, though there was such thing as decaf, she tended to think it less than coffee. "Well, I think I'll get some tea. It's milder than coffee, and it's a good way to relax after school. I'll pay for myself though. This way it won't hurt your budget. I think I can afford some tea and a slice of cake."

Stretching slightly, she let her hand caress the handle of the coffee shop. The cold metal gave her a shiver, surprising her slightly. It'd been a long time since such a sensation had moved her at all. Keeping the door open, she used her foot as a door stop, rubbing her hands together to reheat the one that was chilled. "So, do you tend to go to haunted places a lot yourself?"

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:19 am Reply with quote        
((GAH! I'm sooo sorry for forgetting about this for so long, Juney! Please, forgive my inactivity. Sweat))

Eden smiled at Abby's comment about Heidi; the girl did seem to be rather energetic, after all. Of course Eden, herself, could be very energetic when given the right motivation. Still, overall she was proud of her cool and calm head...usually.

"Tea and cake...that actually sounds pretty good. Though I think I'll have coffee, myself. It probably seems pretty late for coffee to most people, but caffeine doesn't have much of an effect on me, as far as keeping me awake is concerned...probably because I don't really sleep much anyway. Heh. Plus, I'm downright addicted to the stuff. I really don't mind paying though; I mean, you deserve something for putting up with my shenanigans and my budget's fine at the moment. I totally understand if you would rather pay yourself though; just know the offer still stands, and you wouldn't be putting me out in any way. " Sweat

She chuckled, and was about to say something else when Abby opened up the door to the coffee shop. Eden watched Abby rub the chill out of her hands, keeping her eyes carefully unfocused so as not to look like she was staring. She made note of her new friend's reaction and stored the information away for future thought.

She shook her head slightly to clear it and stepped inside, nodding a slight thanks to Abby for holding the door. The warm air and smell of fresh coffee put her immediately at ease; Eden had always loved coffee shops. They felt calm and secure and like home. The light chatter that filled the air was pleasant and quiet enough that the two could talk easily, without having to raise their voices, while they stood in the short line to the counter. Eden paused momentarily at Abby's question.

"Uh, well...yeah, actually. Hauntings and supernatural things have always sort of fascinated me for..well, for as long as I can remember, really. I used to study up on things as much as I could; read haunted histories, supposed true ghost stories, books on the occult, all of that kind of stuff. While it interested me, at first I didn't believe any of it. The whole reason I studied that sort of thing was to figure out what could really be happening for myself and to try and debunk, what I considered, the myths. I don't think I ever believed it until..."

Eden trailed off, and stared ahead, apparently lost in thought.

"Uh...until I...saw...some things for myself...that's all." Sweat

Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote        
[Um...Can you forgive mine is the real question? I've been gone longer than you >w<]

Abigail listened with intuitive curiosity. Though it wasn't important to her, she did have a tendency towards an interest in supernatural things- something seemingly inherent from her mother's side. "My mom used to say she saw things that I couldn't see before she passed. My uncle sometimes says things as if he's talking to her still. Since I grew up with a lot of supernatural chatter, I've never really cared for ghost stories, perhaps. But when I see some people enjoying it so much, it isn't as bad. Like you and Heidi. Seeing you guys enjoying them is fun."

Well, more Eden then Heidi- Heidi's energy level where the paranormal were concerned was a bit edgy for the straightforward and supposedly level-headed Abby. "I'm almost jealous. One cup of regular coffee sends me bouncing around like an energizer rabbit. Well, actually, it's more like a sugar high. I get really hyper, and then an hour later I crash." She laughed a bit. "But I seem to handle tea well. I wonder if that's strange?"

She placed her order when her turn came, before hearing Eden finish her sentiment. She'd seen things? What things? "I'm not sure what you saw, but...I can't say I have any experience. Of all the haunted places I've gone to, I've never seen a ghost in my life." Or at least, she couldn't recall seeing any...

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote        
((No. No forgiveness for you. Bad Juney. Jab Just kidding; all is well, love.~ xD; ))

"But sugar highs can be fun, I guess." Eden chucked lightly and placed her order as well. "Well, I would say 'count yourself lucky' having never seen a ghost, but the truth is they aren't all so bad. It's just when they're bad...they really are."

That, my lady, is a rather aggrieves understatement.

The snide voice in her head was back; she knew he couldn't keep quiet for long. Though, this time, she decided to ignore his goading. Two could play at this silent treatment game. Eden quietly made her way over to a secluded table near the back of the shop, carrying her slice of angel food cake and cup of coffee with her. She motioned for Abbey to follow and sat down with a sigh.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote        
Following Eden's signal wasn't hard- it was sitting that seemed to be an issue, as she nearly fell onto her chair before putting down her goodies, shaking them up and spilling slightly on herself.

Groaning lightly, she wiped herself with a napkin pushing some hair out of her face with her arm in the meantime. She turned to look at Eden while finishing her dabbing of the hot tea, wincing as a small fleck of flesh burned from impact. It was hard to ignore, but she didn't feel like concerning herself over a stupid blunder.

"I don't really like sugar highs. I never seem to remember half the things I say during them, and I apparently say some really foolish things. It's like being overly sleepy- your mind isn't in the same place as your body. I guess you could say I feel like a ghost at times. I wake up after my crash and can't remember much that's happened."

She giggled nervously, leaning back in her chair and letting some hot drink down her scratchy throat. It was dry from lack of liquid, and stung from the sudden burst of heat- but, it felt lovely as it cooled down and calmed her groaning innards. "I can't say whether it's luck or not. But... I think I'm happy as things are for now. Not having seen one, I mean."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote        
Eden watched as Abbey jostled her things about in an attempt to sit down and looked on with mild concern when the girl spilled the hot tea on herself.

"Careful. You didn't hurt yourself did you?" It was just a perfunctory question; an act of showing compassion to a friend and she didn't press the issue any further so as not to embarrass Abbey by drawing too much attention.

She nodded at her friend's statement. "I suppose that's true. Of course, I can't remember what I say half of the time anyway; I swear sometimes it's like I'm another person entirely."

She had said it in a joking tone, but that didn't stop the derisive snicker she heard from the other party in her head. She shook her head lightly, before continuing to speak.

"Well, maybe you have been lucky; the good spirits are few and far between with most ghost being obnoxious pests at best and...way worse than that at worst." The voice in her head snorted in response. "As long as you don't mind tagging along though, I'm happy to have a friend with me. We probably won't see anything; and even if we do, I'm prepared."

With that, she grinned and started rummaging through the bag at her feet, pulling out various ghost hunting implements and sitting them in front of her on the table to survey. After a moment of studying them she nodded, and apparently satisfied, took a forkful of cake. "This should about do it." Miraculously, no one in the coffee shop seemed to take much notice of Eden's odd behavior.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:50 pm Reply with quote        
Abigail giggled a bit at Eden's idea of being another person. While she'd heard of and knew a bit about multiple personality disorder, the only thing she could gather Eden was mentioning in passing, she had her doubts that Eden had that issue. Though, benefit of the doubt wouldn't have been a bad thing to give either...

"I don't mind tagging along, but..." She stared at the hunting implements. Some looked like normal household items to her (or at least, they were normal in her household for some reason) and others were more foreign than the German language to her. "What is this stuff? I don't think I'd know how to use half of it. Looks complicated to learn too..."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh don't worry, most of this is just precautionary anyway. If ghosts want to make themselves known they usually have a way of doing so even without all of the fancy equipment to detect them. Besides most of these gadgets are idiot-proof...not that you're an idiot at all." Sweat

She pointed out a few things on the table and started explaining them to Abby.

"See, there's just this really simple EMF detector; basically set it here (she pointed to a switch on the side)and turn it on...any kind of spike on this monitor indicates spiritual activity. This over here is a Laser Grid; it's pretty self-explanatory. And there's a complete spectrum camcorder for picking up on things we couldn't see with the naked eye. Um, there's also a tape recorder for picking up EVPs...ghost sounds and voices, basically. A regular old Polaroid camera because I find it works the best, for some reason. Most importantly though, I've got my notebooks; personal observation is very important. Oh, and a field kit (she grabbed a key from her key ring and unlocked a heavy-looking iron box.) In here you've got some cold iron, mostly nails and whatnot, rock salt, sage for burning and purifying, vials of holy water, and a few blessed religious symbols...you know, just in case. Oh, and I made this stuff myself (she pointed to a mysterious bottle filled with liquid in front of her. It's sort of like Luminol, but it detects ectoplasm. God, I love being a scientist sometimes." Sweat

She closed the box and began putting stuff back in her bag. Still no one had bothered to so much as glance at the two of them; it was one of the reasons she liked this place so much; people were discreet and most involved in various odd businesses of their own. She wondered vaguely if Abby knew what kind of patrons frequented this cafe.

"So that's basically the crash course in Ghost Busting 101 (at this she heard a chiding snuffle in her head.) There's a bit more to it, but that's the bare bones and equipment you'll usually need. It also helps to have a good knowledge of the history of places and some local connections could never hurt."

Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote        
Her mind was reeling trying to take in all the information given. First of all, she still believed it unnecessary- it was interesting, but she really didn't believe in ghosts at all. Alas, she knew she was one of the few that lacked superstition and religion- she wasn't one to pray often, except when it was out of respect. This time to, she felt almost as if she was playing a game- a game with intricate rules she couldn't learn in a day. "Um...I may need some time to figure out what you just said."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote        
You know, I think you've already begun the process of scaring her off. You see, this is why you can never keep any friends, dear lady.

Yeah. *That's* why. I haven't scared her off...yet. >.>; You know what? Shut up, Marius.

You are a most decidedly unladylike lady. Fine, have it your way then. You'll see.

With that Marius was silent and Eden was left alone, staring sheepishly across the table at her befuddled friend. She heaved a sigh and her look softened to something near apologetic.

"I'm sorry. I know this can all be a little overwhelming at first; I mean, I've had years of experience and it's still overwhelming to me sometimes. It's even harder if you don't really believe any of it; which is fine, by the way, I've never been one to force my beliefs on anyone. Sweat Although I can assure you that this stuff is real, you'll never really know for sure unless you see it yourself, I suppose. Basically I was just showing you everything because...well, I guess I can get a little over-excited where this stuff is concerned, and well it's just been such a long time since I had anyone to share any of it with...."

She trailed off and looked down sadly at her hands. After a moment, She continued speaking without looking back up.

"Take as long as you need to process, of course. I understand. If...if you don't want to go with me now, I'll understand that too. I wasn't expecting you to do anything though, for what it's worth. Either way, it'd be nice if we could still be friends, at least...if I didn't completely overwhelm you, that is." Sweat

Eden continued looking down at her hands and felt a slight burning at the back of her eyes. She was stupid to think anyone would want to hang around with some ghost hunting freak like her. This was why she rarely bothered reaching out to anyone anymore. Still, it's not like she had much of a choice now that she knew the truth of things. A tiny trickle of despair edged its way into her thoughts, with it came a bleak feeling of loneliness and on the heels of that, came another feeling entirely.

This feeling started as a chilling numbness, spreading outward from her core to her extremities. The coffee shop began to look fuzzy and Eden could feel herself slipping away; almost as if falling asleep and straight into a dream. The "feeling" was Marius. She had to stop him before something really unfortunate happened.

Eden went rigid and shook her head hard. Willing the spirit inside her to be calm.

Marius, stop. I'm fine. Nothing's wrong; I just had a moment of self-pity. Calm down. Alright?

She waited cautiously for the ghost's reply ignoring everything else around her for the moment.