Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic Close Encounters...of the Dead Kind. (Sly and June-June.)
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote        
Abigail, having stayed with her since she had no need to go to the kitchen, was already touching the door when Eden asked her question. It wasn't a difficult subject in the respect that it didn't bother her, but it was hard to really answer.

"To be honest, I don't really know. He says he's a writer, but I've never seen him publish anything. Then again, all I really see him do is laze around the house and read. I think he's more of a historian or something, but...It could be he just wrote something not in my field of interest."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote        
"Huh...that's interesting. I wonder what kinds of things he writes about, or studies at any rate...." Eden's personal musings were not intended to be out loud and she dismissed them with a wave of her hand before stepping back and allowing room for Abby to open her door.

"Anyway, I guess we had better get studying." Sweat

Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote        
Abigail shrugged, opening the door rather easily before exposing her simple room. A floor the same wood as the rest of the house was below them, with a set of beige walls surrounding similarly wooden furniture.

It was a simple room with little in it, but it did have its homely charms. There were a couple stuffed animals on the bed atop a geometrically patterned comforter. The desk nearby had a computer, with a vase of seasonal flowers on the windowsill near it. Then, there were some photos scattered on the dresser- some with Abigail and friends, and some with family. Besides that, though, the room was tidy and almost looked as if it were unused. But, then again, it was originally a guest room.

The table in the center didn't have any chairs- it was too low to really use any. Heidi was already sitting on the ground, her schoolwork scattered slightly at one part of the table. She was already frustrated as she stared at one of the pages, and Abigail couldn't help giggling at her rather dizzy friend's expense, before turning to Eden. "Let's hit the books too. Sorry we're on the floor, it's just how the room is. You can take a pillow from the bed if you want."

Abigail, of course, was used to the floor, and fled to the opposite end of the table from Heidi to plop down against the wood once she had the materials she needed. She dug through her school bag for a notebook that included her homework, looking through it while looking over at Heidi's, and looking to Eden's to see hers. "Ah, and I'll supply whatever you don't have, too."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote        
Eden looked around the small room feeling quite comfortable despite having just met the other girls. Shaking her head slightly, she sat down at the low table, careful to give the other two enough room.

"No, it's fine...I don't mind the floor at all. And I have everything I need, thanks."

She began digging through her own bag, grabbing out pencils, a calculator, and a notebook before opening the other side to retrieve her math book.

"See everything I need...just have to grab my--"

She trailed off, searching the depths of her bag. Where was her Calculus book? She was certain she had packed it but it was nowhere to be seen. Her whole reason for being here hinged on that book and she was unsure of what to say now that she was here without it.

"Uuh, actually...I...seem to have...misplaced my math book...? I really hate to waste your time like this. I'm sorry...." Sweat

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote        
When it was found that the math book was missing, Abigail gave a curious glance. "Any idea what text book you use? I can go ask uncle if he has a copy. He has the most random collection in his office. I didn't even need to buy a textbook for my sociology class last year because he already had it."

"Mister Abe likes to read a lot, huh?" Heidi mused. "I get so tired from it though!" She raised her hands above her head, close to her ears. She was seemingly already bored and tired without actually opening her book. "And you too Abby. Your last name doesn't fit."

"Um, I think it's not that strange to like books." Abigail returned an uncertain glance to the girl before heading toward her door. "If you can tell me the name and publisher or some other type of information, I can go check for you. It'd stink if you couldn't do your homework before the deadline, right? Though I guess we might be able to get it if we go back for it."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote        
Eden felt a pang of guilt at Abigail's willingness to help her out so much. Here was this girl who seemed to genuinely want to help her and she hadn't even really needed help in the first place. She couldn't help but feeling like she was taking unfair advantage of her new friend.

"Ah...no...it's ok. You really don't have to go out of your way or anything. I still have two class periods before the assignment's due...I can just...get my book next class and do the work then. I guess I must have left my book in the room or something...but really, I can just work on some other stuff today. I'd hate for you to have to bother your uncle while he's working and all." Sweat

Eden looked down at her feet a moment, and then raised her head looking resolute.

"No. Actually, I haven't been that honest with you. I'm sorry. I just...wanted to ask...you a few things. I really don't need help on my homework at all. I'm sorry for lying to you. I just...didn't want to seem like a flake...but...if you want me to leave now, I'll understand...."

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote        
Heidi, trying to concentrate on her homework, ignored the discussion overall. Her blonde hair draped awkwardly over her shoulder while a hand carefully kept her head focused. Abigail, noticing the girl's tendency to ignore things she wasn't interested in, wondered how she suddenly got into her homework- however, it wasn't important or something to complain about, so she returned her focus to Eden.

"I sorta figured, to be honest. You seemed sorta dazed when we talked about it...Well, maybe not dazed. Lost in thought? Either way, it seemed like there was something you wanted besides it, but I figured I'd just let you ask when you wanted to. It'd be bad to force it if I was wrong, you know? But, good to see my hunches aren't too bad."

A gentle grin landed on her face as she scooted slightly closer to the other girl to give her full attention to the subject at hand. "So what was it you wanted to talk about?"

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote        
Eden blushed slightly.

"Yeah...I should really work on just coming out and saying what I mean in the first place. I'm a terrible liar. Sweat But, um...I overheard your guys's conversation earlier...in the cafeteria...about that old building downtown and I just wondered if maybe either of you knew a little more about it."

She fidgeted a minute before continuing to speak.

"See...I've got an...um...sort of interest in the paranormal, I guess you'd say...and I've been looking for something along those lines to whet my appetite."

This was not a lie, although Eden's "interest" in the paranormal was closer to an obsession, if she were being honest with herself.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote        
Abigail struggled to fight a giggle as she watched Eden fidget. "I don't know much, that stuff is more Heidi's thing. Personally, I'm not a big believer in paranormal stuff. Ghost stories don't even scare me much nowadays from it." She laughed nervously, remembering the last camping trip she'd been on for a school club back in high school. She sat blankly while the rest of the girls were hiding under their blankets from some of the stories told.

"Let's see...Well, I've heard that the ghost tends to seem lost when it's heard or seen. It's in the old building that used to be a library office of sorts, but it got burnt a long time ago. They tried to rebuild it, but it didn't really work out too well or something. The story is strangely tame from what Heidi's told me."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:40 am Reply with quote        
((Gah! Sorry I disappeared again! Real life ate me. :C ))

Eden held her tongue when Abigail made her declaration about not believing much in the paranormal or being afraid of ghosts. If the girl knew half the things Eden, herself, did she'd surely be singing a different tune. But, Eden would not correct her false assumptions, until there was an absolute need...which, hopefully, would be never. Better for people to live in blissful ignorance, and (relative) safety then to go poking their noses in as she had done so long ago. It was too late for her, but there was no reason to bring her new friends into danger if it could be avoided. She had learned her lesson in that regard.

"Yeah, I'm probably just being silly with my interest in all this stuff, honestly. But, I can't help it...I just find it all so...interesting." Sweat

She grabbed up her pen and forgotten notebook and jotted down what little Abby had told her about the haunted building.

"Actually, you don't mind if I write down whatever you can tell me about the story or the place do you Abby? Heidi?" She looked over to both girls with a nervous smile.

"You know...for research purposes?"

Juneberry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote        
"I told you all I know. Heidi? Anything you're hiding from me?" Abby giggled just slightly as she nudged her very sleepy friend back into the reality of the conversation. "Come on, you love this stuff. Have some fun."

"Oh! You mean the haunted building? Well...The rumor is that the ghost was a kid who was looking for a book in the library when it burnt down. He comes out when people arrive asking where he is and how to get home. He hasn't harmed anyone, but most people just hear his voice and they say it's like a kid whining to a degree. Some people have heard his crying in the night too."

"Are you sure it's not just some kid who actually is lost there?"

"No one can see him, Abby!" Heidi pouted, adding, "But still, it's rare for one of these things to be so calm. However, whenever they try to rebuild the library, they can't seem to do it. There are a lot of rumors, but the most common one is that the little boy rushes in front of any construction vehicle to stop it, saying not do anything to the library until he can get home. When people get out of their cars, he touches them, and they freeze from shock or freak out and even leave the vehicle there."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote        
Eden listened raptly as Heidi explained what she knew of the situation. Heidi was right: it was unusual for a spirit to be so calm. That, in and of itself, merited further investigation. Aside from that though, apparently the apparition was just a kid who wanted to get home, and whether he was alive or not he deserved that...and Eden knew she could help him. In fact, she was one of the few people around here who could. She had just made up her mind that she was going to investigate the old place tomorrow on her off day and was about to tell her new friends so when she felt a chill creep up her spine. She stopped in the midst of saying something, eyes wide. What could he want?

Are you sure this is a good idea?

The voice in her head was silky smooth, masculine and irritatingly condescending.

Shut up! I didn't ask for your opinion on the matter!!

And I didn't give one...I simply asked a question.

Eden felt rather than saw the presence's sneer and without looking, knew her own face mirrored the expression.

Cut it out! If I want you to ask questions, I'll let you know! Until then, get out of my head.

Ah, but it's so fun in here. Alright, have it your way, m'lady.

With a slight pop, Eden was returned to her senses and glanced around the room at the other two. She smiled a little sheepishly, since she knew it probably looked odd with her spacing out like that. Oh well, maybe her new friends would think she was just interested in the ghost story and leave it at that.

"Ah...t-thank you...for the information. I may...uuh...have to go check the place out sometime myself." Sweat Though she tried to hide it, it was clear that Eden was a little shook up just now.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
Just when Abigail was about to ask what was wrong, Eden returned to the conversation as if nothing had happened. Was she actually a space cadet like Heidi? No, Abigail had a feeling that wasn't it- after all, Eden definitely had a different air to her than Heidi always did when she started to get distracted or daydream. It must have been related to the story.

"You mind if I tag along? Sometimes I like to go to the places Heidi claims are haunted just to prove to her it's safe. I've gone to at least two others this year and nothing happened."

"I think ghosts just find you scarier, Abby." Heidi added in with a giggle. Abby glared at her only for a second, sighing and returning to her homework. "Well, it does seem like something Abby would enjoy. Plus it's a library, or it was. You'd probably enjoy looking through the rubble for old books to read."

Abigail laughed at this remark quite easily. "Well, while I do love books, I don't think I'd go as far as my uncle. But it is a tendency for Normals to love books, I guess...And either way, it's true that the fact that it's a library makes me more interested then normal."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote        
"More interested than normal, but not more interested than other Normals, right?" Eden chuckled a bit at her own muttered joke, before smiling warmly at the other two girls.

"I don't mind at all! It'll be nice to have some company. Besides, it's always good to have a skeptic around...to keep the rest of us grounded. Haha." Sweat

Generally, Eden would have been against dragging anyone unneeded along on one of her ghost hunts...it was just safer for then that way. But, while experience had taught her to be weary, she didn't see what harm taking her new friends to just look around could do. It was likely only the ghost of one little boy, if anything and if things got dangerous, she would be there, and be smart enough to get her friends out in time...hopefully.

So...you're relying on hop now are you? That's new. But taking them with you, that seems...impetuous. You have no idea what you're up against and you know better than to underestimate the spirit world. Are you scared to go alone? Or are you *hoping* they're there at an inopportune time? Trying to get them out of the way are you?
Eden felt a sneer that was not hers curl her lips again and had to force her face to be carefully blank. Although the voice in her head was cruelly teasing, she neither heard nor felt any real malice behind it.

Shut up!! Don't be such an asshole! What are you even doing talking to me? I thought you were still sulking.

Don't call names...it's unladylike. I wouldn't have to sulk if you would let me out once in awhile, you know. Besides, I like talking to you.~ <3

Don't even kid about letting you out! You know that's a last resort, and not something I'd do lightly. Remember what happened the last time?

Suddenly the voice was serious, all gentle chiding gone. Of course I remember. What was done was done to save you, lest you forget. If it vexes you so, I suggest you don't call on me again...*lady.*

With another pop the voice was gone again and Eden shook her head hard to clear it. She would have to apologize him off...oh well, best to let him sulk when he was like this. After all, sulking was what he did best. She hoped he would stop just popping into her mind like that soon though; her new friends were bound to notice if she kept spacing out.

"Ah...we can head for the place tomorrow...if you guys are available then...." ^^;

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote        
"I can't go," Heidi mused in response rather abruptly. "I'm helping my mom at her job tomorrow for most of the evening and night." Abigail seemed surprised as she looked at her blond friend, who normally would have jumped at the situation.

However, Heidi not going wasn't the end of the world. Abigail wouldn't mind being with Eden for the trip- at least she wasn't going to be alone, right? Not that it would've been a problem either way. "It's still more fun to go with someone else to these types of things, so...I'll join you while Heidi's at work."

"You're so mean! Come help me, Abby!"

"You can do it yourself, Heidi. It's just paper pushing." The two girls giggled slightly before returning to their work. As usual, the bubbly one was far less noticing of anything regarding Eden. Abigail was far better at multitasking in that aspect. "Well then...We'll just have to choose a meeting point for tomorrow. It'll be fun. Where's best for you?"