Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic Close Encounters...of the Dead Kind. (Sly and June-June.)
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote        
(This is an RP between Juneberry and myself. Please don't post unless you're one of the two of us. xD; However, if you get bored and feel like reading random ghost crack, feel free to do that. So here we go, June.~)

Eden Sellers sat alone at a table in the school dining hall. She was utterly bored. She didn't have many friends to talk to around these parts, and the few she did have were in class right now. Due to a scheduling conflict earlier in the semester, she now had two hours between classes with which to do pretty much nothing. It was early enough in the semester not to have much homework and early enough in the day not to have much of an appetite.

Sighing, she sipped at a Coke in front of her and let her thoughts drift. She found herself carried back in time several years, when she had been a mere Freshmen in high school. Her town had been small, and there was never very much to do. But going into the city, that had always been such a treat. Her best friend Andrea and her had made a habit of catching the metro into town every weekend they could manage. It was one of those fateful weekends, right before Christmas break, when the two of them had seen the building.

Old, and delightfully creepy-looking the two knew as soon as they had walked by that they must find a way to get inside and have a look around. Shaking her head and rousing herself from her thoughts, Eden stared blankly at a group of students walking in front of her table; they paid her no notice. If she had only known back then what she did now, she would have never walked into that building...and she would have made sure that Andrea hadn't either.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote        
(...Random ghost crack...xD)

"So I heard this rumor," One of the students chimed. They were a pair, a blond and a brunette, each with distinct faces that otherwise blended into the crowd. The blond, speaking with a peppy air to her, frowned to her tired friend. "Oh come on, Abby! At least pretend you're interested! Why are you the only girl at school who isn't interested in gossip?"

"It must be because my brain was stolen," The girl mused with a huff. Her name was Abigail Normal. When someone caught her name, they tended to tease her...And she was used to it! She really was! But it didn't help that she seemed to always be near the pit of ghost stories. "Go on, Heidi. What's up?"

"So you know that old building? The two story one down the block that's being torn down? Apparently the carpenters are spooked by a ghost. But this isn't a normal ghost, Abby! It talks to them as if it's a normal lost guy! And I hear he's pretty hot."

Has her friend just called a supposed ghost 'hot'? And what more, was it really a ghost? If it was acting as if it was a normal guy, then it had to just actually be a normal guy, right? Besides, ghosts didn't exist. Not at all, not to Abigail. Surely he was just a scrawny kid with a bad diet. "So what, you want to check out the rumors? They won't let us in even if we wanted to go in."

"No way, i'm not going. It's super scary, Abby! Meanie!" The blonde pouted, her pigtails ruffling as if to fit her emotions, but only because she was quivering at the very thought. She didn't seem to catch the glint in the eyes of her friend. Abigail hated ghost stories, but this one seemed to have piqued her interest at least slightly. Her brownish hair was sitting against her back like a blanket, keeping any chill her seat could pass to her away from even her sweater vest. However, her silence was eluding. The girl she was with could easily tell what was going on through her head. "Abby?"

Abby, snapped out of her daze, slammed her hands against the table to push herself up from her seat. "Relax, Heidi. I wouldn't go even if you begged me. Only my uncle is interested in the unknown in our family. I just figure I might as well tell uncle Abe. Maybe he'll find an old legend about the building or something. Who knows? Maybe a ghost hunter will be interested. There are still people who actually like this stuff, right?"

"You're so serious, Abby...But I guess so. Well, no point talking about it here. Say, can Mister Normal help me with my science homework?"

"I'll help you with it myself, dummy. C'mon, let's go." The two stood and left, but before that, Abby stopped near the table of what seemed to be a lone stranger in the dining hall, who seemed pretty bored. They themselves had no classes anymore for the day, due to personal classes, and Abigail's house happened to be nearby. But that bored girl had to deal with what could have been a difficult thing to listen to...Who knew whether she feared or loved ghost stories? So, while Heidi was running ahead, Abigail put a hand on the table near the lone girl. "Sorry if we were too loud. I'll try to keep it down with Heidi next time. We seem to end up on that type of topic a lot...But if you'd like, let's sit together next time."

With a small, meager smile, she began to walk away- but not before adding one last note without turning around. "Oh, and feel free to come by if you need help with homework. Uncle Abe likes teaching people...And if he isn't there, I'll try to help anyway too." With a stronger smile, she fled. At least she'd tried to be friendly to the stranger in some way, right?

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote        
Eden had caught little bits of the conversations surrounding her; it was mostly innocuous chatter, nothing of interest. However, when two girls nearby started to talk about the old building that was supposedly haunted, her interest was piqued. She had been bored lately, and maybe a ghost hunt would be just the thing to shake her from the doldrums of life at college.

She had just made up her mind to go and check the building herself whenever she got the chance, when one of the girls walked up to her table. She blinked up at the girl, a little confused. Why should she be bothered how loud the two were talking?

"Uh...thanks."

She spoke hesitantly to the back of the girl's head as the pair walked away. Then, a notion struck her...maybe she could find out some more about this supposed ghost. She called to the girl, in what she hoped was a convincing manner.

"Actually, uh...do either your uncle or you know anything about Calculus...? I could use some help with some homework problems...uh, if you don't mind." Sweat

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote        
Abigail was easily able to accept such a question, figuring if the ghost story did bug someone it would come up more quickly. Waving away her friend's nudging for a moment, she smiled at the other in return. "Sure. I'm not bad in math myself, but if I can't solve it, Uncle Abe will help. When do you finish for the day? We can go to my house to study."

The frustrated girl behind her, however, ran and hugged onto her arm- though, there was a slight awkward stiffness in her neck, as she tried desperately to keep it straight and not knock against the arm she was hugging. "Abby!" She whined. Abigail shook her head.

"Sorry, Heidi, but you can't always have me all to yourself." She laughed nervously to her friend's antics, then to the stranger. "Ah...I'm Abigail by the way. Abigail Normal. I live a few blocks from the school with my uncle. And this is..."

"Heidi Nokasa!" A bonk to her head ensued as Abigail grumbled, her hand delicately brushed against the blonde hair below it. "Owwie..."

"That's to remind you to calm your jets." The girl gave a small smile before turning to the stranger once more. "And what's your name? It's good to know the name of someone you want to study with, after all. This way Uncle won't think you're some strange burglar or something. He's one of those paranoid types who's always worrying about ghosts and the like."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote        
Eden smiled, her plan was working well thus far. She didn't really need much help in math, but she could play the struggling student well enough to convince most people...at least she hoped so.

She smiled at the pair of strangers in front of her. She glanced at Heidi and gave the girl a considering look before answering Abby's question.

"Ha...nice to meet you two. My name's Eden Sellers and I'm, uh, new here. A transfer student, you know. It's my Junior year. A science degree has a little more math than I'm capable of understanding on my own, apparently. And, uh, I have another class in about 40 minutes, but after that's over I'm free...if that wouldn't be too late to come on over. Or I could just come over and get help another day.... Sweat "

She looked at Abby again and smiled.

"So your name's Abby Normal, huh? I bet that made Jr. High fun. Ah, I'm sorry. I'm not making fun, I just find your name unique is all." ^^;

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote        
"Don't worry, I'm sort of used to it. But not just from junior high. Elementary school was a real blast with it too." Sarcasm laced her voice at the end, but her early sentiment was sincere. At first, she'd rather hated her name. However, she'd grown used to the teasing over time. So used to it, in fact, that she even joked about it herself. "The joke fits the name, really. I mean...Abby normal is an abnormal name. But it's a family tradition in a way. My uncle's the same last name as me. Abraham Normal. Pretty similar in a respect."

"Yeah, though Mister Normal's boring like the name too." Heidi chuckled, causing a frustrated pout from her friend. However, she didn't get any scolding this time. There was no point in scolding her too much, if it was attention she was seeking.

"We have one more class too. I'm a sophmore myself, same with Heidi. Though we're going for different degrees, pretty much all degrees require some extent of mathematics. But a science one...That sounds brutal in the math department. I can only wish you luck with that. What science are you especially interested in? Well, I say it like I know a lot, but I'm actually more interested in history myself."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 am Reply with quote        
Eden smiled vaguely at the pair in front of her. They were a bit...quirky, but she quite liked them so far. Maybe she could have some friends around here, after all. Time would tell; right now there were more pressing things to attend to. Like that ghost business.

"Yeah, it is brutal but I pretty much knew what I was getting into from the get-go. Haha. As for my field of study, I'm starting with getting my BS in Physics, and then...I'm not sure. I just like science, because I like it when things have an answer that I can find, you know? Sweat But...history, huh? That's cool. I've always rather liked history, myself. I was never as good at it as my best friend though, she--"

Eden trailed off, looking a little surprised at herself. Why had she mentioned her best friend? She really didn't want to talk about Andrea, especially to two people she had just met. Maybe if she was lucky, they wouldn't ask.

"Ah, nothing...I was just never super good at history."

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote        
Abigail was a bit curious when Eden trailed off, but already dubbed it within seconds as none of her business. When Heidi was even about to make the effort to do just what Abby was trying not to, another bonk to the head left her cold in her tracks. "I'm okay in science, but I'm better with numbers and history. And I just happen to really like the later. It might be a family thing, though. Uncle's job consists of writing up explanations for the history museum and whatnot, and my dad was a history teacher." Well, it did seem to explain quite a bit about her interest in the topic- but she seemed to be hiding her mother from the story.

"Well, let's meet at the school entrance after class and we'll head to my place together. I'll let uncle know on the way to class...Not that he'd be surprised anyway. I mean, Heidi forces her way in every day."

With a wave, the two departed to their own classes- much of their departure involving the bubbly blonde clearly whining to her somewhat taller and more stoic friend. Abigail's surname surely fit the air she gave off. Stoic, barely changing. Her strides were very simple, as if forced like a robot's, but it was just her natural pace. She was simply a normal, down-to-earth girl. It was almost scary to some, she'd heard, but as long as she had at least Heidi, she couldn't get depressed over it. And now, Eden would join her as someone she felt at ease with too, it seemed. Two friends at school wasn't bad, right? Even if one was a ghost nut...

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 am Reply with quote        
((Oops, I somehow just noticed that I've been posting in my normal color instead of the other. Laugh ))

Eden was grateful for Abigail's tact at not mentioning her slip of almost talking about Andrea, and of the girl's effort to stop her blond friend from asking questions. She had been under quite enough stress lately without having to discuss painful memories...of course, she had been the first to almost mention it, but still....

She smiled and nodded in the appropriate places as Abigail talked. she noted that while discussing her family, the girl made no mention of her mother, but paid little attention to the fact. Maybe she didn't see her mother often, maybe there was nothing interesting about her to tell, maybe the girl's mother was gone. Maybe any number of things that were none of Eden's business. People all had there secrets; God knew she had her own. She would not ask, unless it became clear that Abigail wanted her to.

She laughed a little at Abigail's comment about Heidi barging in, and agreed to meet the two after class. With a polite nod before the other two left, Eden turned and headed out of the dining hall and into her own classroom.

Her last class of the day, a Sociology course entitled Problems in Modern Society, was uneventful and still proving not nearly as interesting as she had hoped it would be upon signing up for it. At the end of the hour, she gathered her things and walked out to the front steps. The other two weren't there yet, so Eden sat down on the top step with a yawn and began absently thumbing through the notebook on her lap.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote        
((It's not really that big a deal to me...xD))

The two friends shared their last class. It was required to take some sort of physical education course even in college, and the two had chosen the same one. Neither liked having to run around after eating, but it was good to get their energy up after filling their guts.

Though, Abigail never questioned the awkwardness of Heidi's running posture despite always noticing it. For some reason, Heidi was always holding her head, as if it would fall off if she weren't careful. Abigail just took that as a headache, though. Lots of people found the blood rush of running to be painful, right?

When class ended, though drenched in sweat and fatigue, the two fled to the meeting point with graceless haste. Abigail was happy to greet their new friend, patting her shoulder carefully with a dry fingertip. "Ready to go, Eden? It's not far, but it's probably best to get to the books quickly."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote        
((I didn't think it would be, but it bothered me. LOL.))

Eden had been staring off in space, thinking of how best to inconspicuously broach the issue of the haunted building with her new friends when Abigail tapped her. She jumped slightly and turned around to face the two. She gave an apologetic smile before answering them.

"Ah, yeah we should probably get going soon since the two of you seem ready." Sweat

She leaned her hand against the step, pushing herself up into a standing position. As she did so, her jacket slipped ever so slightly and a long and nasty-looking scar on her collarbone was momentarily exposed. Quickly, she readjusted her jacket and hoped no one had seen anything.

"Lead the way then, friends. Let the learning commence." Haha.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote        
Abigail, being rather observant compared to her rather oblivious friend, noted the scar in the back of her mind. Surely, they weren't close enough to talk about things like that. However, if they grew closer, she'd ask about it.

Soon the way was lead to a rather simple house. It showed itself as a a two-story home with a bit of a rustic edge, the reddish tone of the outside matching brick in a way, but clearly there was no actual brick used except for the roof's chimney. The windows were somewhat rounded at the edges, and the door had a similarly round top- however, besides that, it was a rather plain place.

The welcome mat in front of the door, though faded, sat near a small stone of sorts that looked to be a family heirloom, the family name etched into it with a unique script. Before Abigail could even touch the door, it opened without her word from the hand of a tall and youthful man.

"Ah, you're home." The man seemed rather at ease about the stranger with her, patting Abigail's head. "I figured you would be by now, so I thought I'd see you quickly."

"Uncle Abe, this is our new friend Eden. Eden, this is my uncle, Abraham Normal."

"The pleasure's mine, young lady. Please be good to Abby for me. And Abe's fine, too."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
Eden observed the quaint house with a small smile. she was just about to step closer to the heirloom on the porch in order to study it when the door swung open and Abby's uncle stepped out.

She looked up at the man, slightly surprised. She had expected someone a bit older, though she didn't really know why. She gave the man a warm smile and nodded by way of greeting.

"Hello sir...Abe...my name is Eden Sellers and it's very nice to meet you. You have a lovely home. And of course I'll be good to Abby. We only just met today, but she's already graciously offered to help me out with my homework."

She extended her hand for Abe to shake. Sweat

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote        
The man accepted the handshake with a strong grip, a grin well plastered on his face. "Well then, I hope to see more of you sometime. For now, I'll be headed to the office if you girls need me. Make yourselves at home, alright?"

He was as fast to leave as he had been to enter the scene, heading off down a little hall to another room. Abigail, laughing nervously, entered with ease and turned towards the staircase. "Most of my study material is upstairs in my room, so let's go work in there, okay? Does anyone want a drink?"

"Nah, I drank a lot during lunch." Heidi mused, rushing ahead to go up to Abigail's room, apparently quite accustomed to the household already. Abby let out a nervous laugh as she watched, turning to Eden. "You can go ahead up too. My door has a placard on it so you can't really miss it. I'll get you something to drink if you want, otherwise we can just go ahead up and settle down."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote        
Eden stared after Abe curiously...despite his name, the man seemed a bit odd...but not in a bad way.

She shook her head at the drink offer. "No thanks, I'm fine. I guess it'd be good to get to work, honestly." She began to head up the stairs, keeping an observant eye out for anything interesting she might come across.

"Abby...if you don't mind my asking, what does your uncle do. I don't mean to pry or anything...it's just he said something about being in his office and it piqued my curiosity is all." Sweat She kept her tone light and conversational as she approached the door to Abigail's room.