Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2
YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote        
Isadora pulled at her gloves and wrung her hands, a nervous habit she had developed over the years. She waited for Melissa to make her decision, wondering if she would be willing to help someone she’d met barely hours before. She could feel Altan’s nervousness in the back of her mind, through their link. When Melissa finally spoke, she looked up hopefully, but after hearing Melissa’s words, she nodded solemnly.

“Yes, I do. I promise that I will not tell a soul about our meeting, nor will I bring any others to your village, for that matter. I understand how it feels to be considered a danger to other people,” said Isadora. “I have been to many a village—most of them, admittedly, human—and some of the townspeople I met have been kind, but there have been places where people shunned us for being dragon warrior. It was painful, to say the least. But…thank you. This means a lot to me, and to Altan, too,” she added, patting her dragon with a soft smile.

Altan sat up, careful not to irritate his foreleg, and nuzzled Melissa in thanks.

“If you don’t mind, though,” said Isadora, “I’d really like to heal him before too much longer. It’s been hours and hours since he got the wound. Lead the way?”
Juneberry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote        
"Don't worry much, the village isn't far from here. Just don't be too surprised by it's difference from human villages. I can only guess they're quite different, anyhow." She gave a meek smile, waving to Olive who returned to her cave. Though they were linked similarly, the dragon much preferred solitude more often then not, especially if it was more than Melissa about. As it let out a deep sigh inside, audible from the entrance to the cave, Melissa gave a weak laugh and turned towards the more thick brush of the forest.

"Do be wary of your steps, though. The forest is dense on the way to the village, so you have to be cautious not to trip on roots." She began to lead the way, a casual stroll as it seemed. It wasn't far, but the dense woods made it feel like it took quite a long time because of it being harder to see the sun where the trees were more closely populated. However, the sun became clear once more when they reached the village, which was laid in a hidden clearing of the brush.

Small wooden huts were scattered near and away from trees, each with a leafy roof and minor decor outside to make the huts feel more individualized and lived in. Outside were colorful flowers- walking flowers! The petals varied from one to another, but all had long green stalks much like Melissa had noted. Their faces were inlaid into their pollen sacks, long roots scurrying across the plain ground. Their lithe, long limbs moved gracefully as the smaller plants played about in the sun, relaxing against the earth. Melissa, smiling, caught sight of one of the larger plant people- taller, slightly limp in the torso, and with petals that were just lightly wilting and white.

"Mother Maple!" She called, rushing to the side of the being. The woman plant turned to face the girl, sitting near a pot by one of the huts. "Mother Maple, I met someone...They need help."

The plant's face turned slightly uneasy as she turned to look at the strangers that were quite obvious compared the the rest of the village, but seeing the glisten in Melissa's eyes, a soft puff of air escaped her awkward lips. She could easily see the injury of the dragon with the strange human, and knew Melissa meant well by bringing them there...But she'd have to have a talk with the child later. "I can heal it," She explained, before calling out to Isadora and Altan. "Young dragon, come forth. I will tend to your wounds. Your friend will stay with Melissa so that you will focus on the healing process."

YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote        
Beckoning to Altan, Isadora took her pack off his tail to make it easier for him to move. Hefting the pack, she smiled in the direction of Olive’s cave before following Melissa through the forest. Every so often, Altan would let out a low hiss of pain, as if trying not to worry Isadora, but of course worry she did.

Upon reaching the village, all pain and concern alike were forgotten for several moments as Isadora and Altan took in the sight of the villagers. Walking flowers? Incredible, thought warrior and dragon. They hadn’t seen anything like this before, not in all their travels. They stared almost shamelessly at the plant people, looking at their beautiful petals and the quiet elegance of their movements. However, some of the plant people were starting to notice them, and they stared right back.

Isadora flinched, hoping that these gentle people didn’t consider her too much of threat, though she wouldn’t put it past them. She made sure to hide her twin swords in her pack before smiling at them nervously. Many of them recoiled, but some actually smiled back, which reassured Isadora somewhat.

When the older-looking plant person—a female?—called out to them, Altan moved forward slowly, making sure to avoid all plant people in his path. He followed this new plant person to her hut and out of sight, leaving Isadora with Melissa.

She turned to Melissa gratefully. “Thank you so much for this. If there’s any way I can repay, please let me know. Also,” she added, nervousness returning, “I don’t think your people like me very much.”
Juneberry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote        
"Humans are far from trusted here," The female flower explained. "Melissa has been with us since she was a baby, but even she sometimes is treated unfairly compared to our own kin."

"That's not true, Mother! I'm treated kindly by everyone. Everyone in this village is wonderful to me." Melissa retorted. The woman giggled a bit, patting the red hair atop her head with one of her long, leafy arms.

Taking another glance at Isadora and Altan, her smile seemed more subtle and at ease. "It's true humans aren't trusted here, but you are also considered a rare species because of the lack of humans in this area...So while some certainly won't be happy, others are likely quite curious. It might be best to take the stares with a grain of salt. Surely we would get uncomfortable glances in a human village as well if one of us were to go there suddenly."

Giving a glance of her own to Isadora, Melissa's face held a warm smile. Her face seemed to show peace of mind- she truly loved the village and its people. It was her home, after all. "Mother Maple is the wisest in our village. So you can trust her words, Isadora."

"I see...So Isadora is your name." Maple mused. "I, as you've heard, am Maple. I am Melissa's surrogate mother. Her father is the head over our village, Oak. He won't be as accepting of you as others, so I'd recommend being wary of his words. But...I know one of ours who would quite enjoy seeing you. Melissa, I'm sure you can guess. Why don't you take her to visit while I take care of our other new friend?"

Melissa looked to the woman with a nod, before turning to Isadora and Altan. "I know you probably don't want to be separated, but will you be alright with it just for a little while? I promise Mother Maple will tend to Altan beautifully. We can play with my sister while we wait. She's always wanted to see another human, unlike some of the others."