Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote        
The sun was at its peak, leaving the lone girl in the forest to bake in its heat. Though the trees provided a good deal of shade, there was still enough sunlight to soak into her medium toned skin, a tattoo-like tan that had never faded away since she'd adjusted to the sun's direction over the village. Yes, she lived in a village- it was a strange village to humans outside of the forest, but it was just a normal home to Melissa. The plants were her family, each tree holding a special meaning to her heart. Still, even she had to hunt for food- and that day, she was doing just that.

Slender fingers plucked a berry from a wet shrub, dampened by an earlier drizzle of rain. Red hair got entangled in the brush, causing a yelp as she fought to undo the knots in the locks atop her head to free herself. "I can't play with you right now, mister tree. I have to go feed Olive or she'll get cranky!" She whined as she wriggled, before finally breaking free of the branches that caught her, a giggle escaping her. "I'll come play with you later, okay?"

She grabbed the basket made of woven vines and sniffed the berries inside. They were all safe and delicious, and smelled so aromatic they made her want to eat them herself. But she had a different purpose for these berries- they were, after all, the favorite of her deer friend deeper in the forest. Fleeing, she made her way near the cave entry that was enveloped in the forest. On her way, however, something was there that she couldn't place- something different. It seemed like it was alive, and yet it was strange. Perhaps the trees were trying to tell her something? She broke the train of thought, however, to walk inside the cave with ease. When the dragon inside peaked out from the darkness, a bright smile hit the girl's soft, childish features. "Time for lunch, Olive!"

YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
“Onwards, men! Don’t back down now!” called Isadora from her perch atop her dragon, Altan. She didn’t hesitate to spur him on into battle, straight into her enemies’ midst. That day had been an eventful one, most of which Isadora just wanted to forget. Not only had she lost some of her best men in battle that day, Altan’s foreleg had been wounded, making it difficult for him to battle effectively. She cursed her terrible luck. Why hadn’t she known that the enemy would ambush her group that morning? She was the leader, she should have known. This would probably give the officials back home more reason to insult her, as if her age and gender weren’t enough.

Isadora, giving herself a mental shake to dislodge those thoughts, threw herself into battle. Her twin swords sliced through the air, connecting with her enemies’ weapons. At the same time, she fought to keep up a carefree, cheerful demeanor—because what would her men think if they saw her waver in the middle of battle? She needed to be strong, for them.

Eventually, she and her men drove their enemies back, towards where they came. A cheer of victory rose as the last of them dove back into the trees. Isadora threw a fist in the air, an ecstatic grin on her face.

“You fought well today,” she called. Before she could continue, one of her men flew right next to her to whisper in her ear.

“What’s that? They’re coming back, with reinforcements?” Isadora stared down at the forest below her, unable to believe her eyes. The enemies had rallied more of their number and were flying up to meet them. Now, Isadora knew she was outnumbered and had no chance of surviving this at all.

“Scatter!” she screamed, making a beeline for a place deep in the forest to hide herself. “We shall regroup later!”

Isadora and Altan flew through the trees, Altan’s wings making their trip swift. They flew until they lost their enemies trailing behind them, then the pair collapsed from exhaustion, not knowing where they were in the forest.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote        
Any leftovers she had were ruined as the basket fell flat to the ground. Green eyes were wider than salad plates, or so she felt they might have been (if she were one to know what a salad plate was). Surprise boiled her blood, racing throughout her body to heat her far more than the sun could hope to ever do. They were deep in the woods, far from any human society. How could there be a human there? And one with a dragon, no less?

Her bare feet twitched in pain as she let out a yelp, having jumped back only to step on a rather pointy twig among the brush. She was sure she'd gotten used to the forest floor after having lived there over two centuries, but it seemed time was not on her side when it came to recognizing her own soil. Surprise was a curse, and this one was especially so. How had a human ended up here? And was it even safe to be near her as she was?

Still, Melissa was taught many values by the village, and doubting strangers surely wasn't one of them. If anything, they were always raised to be kind to strangers. After all, they'd taken the baby Melissa in when she wasn't one of her kind twenty years and change ago hadn't they? Melissa had to do the same by default. So, carefully, she moved a little closer to the stranger and her dragon. At least the dragon wasn't scary...But it seemed like it might be hard to respond to.

They seemed to be lacking consciousness, but Melissa didn't have the strength to carry a dragon. Sure, the human wouldn't be too hard comparatively- but that would separate them, and that was no good. Since they were near some relatively good plants, she moved to find some berries and a rock that would work well to mash them, working to make some berry juice of sorts that would hopefully quench their hunger and thirst when they woke. Using another rock, she managed to make a cup, before setting the juice down and sat near the cup. Her eyes distinctly watched the two slumber. "So this is what it's like...To see a human..."

YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote        
“It doesn’t matter that your element is wind, you won’t ever fly as well as our older, more experienced generals,” taunted a man twice her age. He laughed at her attempts to fight, her attempts to lead, her attempts to fly…but she never let him know just how much it hurt, she always kept that cheerful smile plastered on her face…

Isadora moaned, running a hand through her short blonde hair, bleached to almost white by the sun. She sat up and stretched without opening her golden eyes, trying to forget the horrible dream she’d had. She hated thinking about the people back home who mocked her. She preferred to think of her friends, the people who fought with her and encouraged her. But they weren’t with her now.

Upon opening her eyes, Isadora saw Altan out cold under her. She tried to reach him through their mind-link, only to meet the wall that was unconsciousness. She decided to give him a little more time to rest—she had worked him pretty hard after all. Looking around, she saw that she was deep within the forest, not too far from a cave. And next to her was…another human? She nearly jumped off her dragon’s back, grogginess forgotten. Isadora hadn’t known that any humans lived in this part of the forest. For all she knew, only plant creatures dwelled here. She hadn’t been here before, though, so there was no way she could have known.

She slowly slid down from Altan’s back, afraid that any sudden movements would scare this fellow human. “Hello,” she said cautiously. “My name is Isadora, and this is my dragon, Altan. He just needs some rest, is all.” She noticed something else—a little makeshift cup, filled with berry juice. “Is…is that for me?”
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
Melissa turned when she heard movement, having been busying herself with other things nearby while waiting. She'd nearly dozed a couple times, the sun having often acted like a lullaby when she sat still, but she managed to keep her consciousness in check for most of the time between finding the woman and the woman waking. The woman's reaction was understandable, and her words were filled with what Melissa assumed was both kindness and concern of some sort. Still, she at least responded- and that made her at least calmer about the stranger in the forest.

"My name is Melissa. I live here in the forest. Ah...We're actually right near my friend Olive's cave right now. She's a dragon too." She smiled, gently, her lips curled like petals lightly floating in the air. As she heard a question and turned to look at the juice she'd made, she nodded with a smile. "Don't worry, I know the berries around here like the back of my hand. These are perfectly safe, and tasty too."

She adjusted her position to lean against a nearby tree, cautiously pulling strands of red hair from behind her so that the tree wouldn't catch them in its bark. "I was surprised to find you here. I've never met another human or dragon in my life. They generally don't exist here in the forest...Are you both alright? How did you even end up here?"

YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote        
“Oh…thank you,” replied Isadora, surprised at this woman’s kindness. She picked up the cup and brought it to her lips. “It’s very good. I can’t believe you have your own dragon as well—where I come from, only the warriors have them.”

Setting the cup down, she began to remove her armor and place it inside the pack attached to Altan’s tail. It was lightweight and not too annoying to wear, but Isadora always felt uncomfortable wearing armor when not locked in combat. She removed her shoulder plates, chestplate and helmet before relaxing against her dragon’s side and smiling at Melissa. Melissa’s own warm smile calmed Isadora down, and she began to speak.

“Interesting that you’ve never met any other humans or dragons, I actually thought that no humans or dragons lived in this part of the forest. As for my story…well, I was leading my group of dragon warriors in battle up above the trees. This morning, we were ambushed by our enemies, and I lost some good men.” She paused to pass a weary hand over her eyes and take another sip of berry juice before continuing. “At the end, we thought we’d beaten them, but they just came back with reinforcements. We were outnumbered and I knew that we wouldn’t have a chance, so I ordered my men to scatter and regroup later. We’ll recover from this, I know it.”

Isadora’s look of blazing determination was soon replaced by a cheerful smile. “And what’s your story, Melissa? How’d you get here, and how long have you been here?”
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote        
Melissa listened carefully, a small frown on her face at the thought of battle. There were no wars among her family and village. Peace was their life, and she embraced it as if it were the only natural thing in the world. As such, just the thought of a battle was terrifying- and she shivered when the idea of bloodshed even came to mind. She did know humans had blood, after all- she did, herself. Still, the idea of it being spilled on purpose was not comprehensible for her. So, she shook the thought out of her head, turning to her own story iinstead.

"I don't really know how I got here," she spoke. "I've lived in this forest since I was but a baby. I was supposedly found by the inhabitants of a forest with nothing but a bare cloth around my body, abandoned and alone. They took me in and saved me. They gave me food, a home...No, this is my home. I can't look at anywhere else but here that way, no matter where I might have lived before that. The forest is my life." A smile of sincerity plastered on her face, she stood up straight and pointed at the sky.

"I don't look at age as anything but however many days the sun hits that spot in the sky and I'm alive. There have been plenty of thousands of those days, and that's all I know. That, and that I'm grateful for each one of them. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? Aren't you glad to be alive again on this sunny day?"

YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote        
Isadora noticed that her story had bothered the other woman, and was sorry that she’d even brought it up. She wasn’t sure what exactly it was that troubled Melissa, seeing as she was used to the constant battles and fighting. She had hardly had a single day of peace in her life, and the scars on her body were many. It was her lifestyle, and knew no different. She listened attentively to Melissa’s story, and blinked in surprise as the other woman stood with that kind smile of her, and spoke of the sun.

“I…I never thought of it that way,” Isadora responded, thinking of the people back home who taunted her for no other reason than that she was younger than they were. She had always secretly wished that she could just tell them off, but maybe all she had to do was look at it Melissa’s way. And to think she prided herself on acting optimistic, when this new woman truly was.

“I suppose I am happy to still be alive, that I survived the attack along with Altan. And,” continued Isadora, brightening visibly, “I know that my men are still alive out there, somewhere in this forest, waiting for me.” She cheered up, smiling at Melissa. “Thank you, I think I really needed that. You’re amazing, really. I don’t think I’ve ever met a human like you before. But I must ask, what are the plant people like? I’ve never met one.”
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote        
Sweat rolled down her cheek at the question of her family. Was it safe? Normally humans weren't thought of as safe at all to them, since humans were usually full of violent cultures. Melissa, having been a baby, was an exception at the time. Would it be safe to bring the stranger to the village?

No, it was likely to get her in trouble. She didn't want to cause problems for her family and friends. So, she could only offer small amounts to the woman instead. Answering was fine, if she chose her words properly, right? "As the explanation says, they're people with plant forms. For example..." She turned to look for a flower and pointed at a blossoming bush.

"See those blossoms over there? Imagine one of them with a face where their spores and pollinating areas are, it's stem elongated as a body, and the roots as a mess of feet. Then imagine a pair one vine on two sides of the stem with big leaves as hands. Imagine that, and you've got what the plant villagers look like."

YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote        
Isadora sensed Melissa’s uneasiness and wondered if asking was such a good idea after all. Naturally, bringing another human to see her people wasn’t a good move overall, especially since she was a warrior besides. She still wanted to see the plant creatures, but suppressed her curiosity for fear of losing a new friend.

After listening to the explanation, Isadora blinked up at Melissa. “That sounds…interesting, I must say,” she commented. “Do they speak our language or do you communicate with them some other way? And they’re very kind, aren’t they? And—”

She clapped a hand over her mouth before she could ramble on, realizing that she was asking far too much. “I’m sorry, I’m just really curious about all this. I don’t go to forests very often, and neither does Altan.”
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote        
"You rarely go into forests, and I rarely leave the forest. Quite a unique pair, aren't we?" Melissa giggled lightly, her toothy grin reflecting some sunlight that was nearby and past the leafy trees surrounding them.

"I assume they speak our language, since they taught me to speak the way you and I are communicating now. Whether it is our or their language is another story, though. I just presumed it was the language of the village, and little more then that." Her grin subsided to be more modest, but still showed well against her features. Her eyes were cast carefully towards the woman, the dragon and the plants surrounding the two, studying them almost for answers to questions she had yet to decide.

Her studying came to a halt soon enough, as she noticed the differences between Altan and her own friendly dragon Olive. They seemed vastly different, though it was hard to decipher just why. Then again, she clearly had her own variety of differences from Isadora as well. Isadora's body shape itself was fairly different from Melissa- Melissa wasn't all that well built, for starters, and their facial structures were vastly differing as well.

"Do all dragons and humans have such great differences? I've never met another, so to me this is a bit surprising...Not that I really look at myself often, but sometimes I do notice the differences between me and my family when I go to the watering hole for a drink."

YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote        
Isadora listened, fascinated. She wanted more than ever to meet these plant creatures, especially now that she knew a little more about their language. After a moment, she noticed Melissa’s gaze wander over her and Altan, and she took the time to do some observing of her own. Compared to her own athletic build and more muscular body, Melissa’s figure was softer and gentler, probably from the lack of fighting and combat training in her life. From this scrutiny, Isadora wondered to herself how Melissa’s dragon looked compared to Altan.

In response to Melissa’s question, she said, “Well, yes, we do. All humans have different body types, really. For instance, men usually have more muscle mass than women do, even if you train a whole lot like I have.” Isadora smiled ruefully, remembering the first time she’d seen a male trainer and wished she could have a body like his, despite their different anatomies.

“Same with dragons, too,” she added. “They have different body types that usually depend on their elements. Altan here has the element of wind so his wings are larger and he’s an excellent flyer. Speaking of Altan…”

The dragon slowly raised his head, blinking golden eyes identical to Isadora’s own. He stared at Melissa for a moment before reaching his long neck to poke her with his nose.

“Don’t be afraid, okay?” grinned Isadora. “That mean he likes you, and doesn’t think you’re a threat.”
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote        
"Well aren't you friendly?" Melissa cooed, giggling as the dragon's nose touched her. He was certainly far more friendly then Olive, who tended to have a bit of a temper- but that was just Melissa's personal assumption, and also likely biased by her lack of previous interactions with others.

She soon sped towards the cave for a moment, taking a leaf from a nearby plant and blowing hard on it to make a loud, slightly screeching whistle. From inside, loud steps came as a heavy dragon emerged. Green scales covered it's body as moderate wings stayed folded near its rather heavy torso. "Olive, these are friends, so be nice okay?" She smiled to the short and bulky creature before smiling to Altan and Isadora.

"This is Olive. She's an Earth dragon, and my good friend. She means well, but she can be a bit of a grouch." The dragon huffed at Melissa's words, turning her head away before the girl pet the side of her body. A sigh escaped with a deep breath, before Olive's head turned towards the strangers again, and began to study them with a fierce gaze. Upon coming to agree with Melissa, she walked slightly closer and nuzzled both, at ease. "Looks like she likes you as well."

YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote        
Isadora watched with some confusion as Melissa suddenly spun around and ran through the forest away from her and made that strange whistling sound, but smiled again as a new dragon was revealed. This dragon was rather bulky compared to other dragons she’d seen—most other dragons she knew were used for war and were chosen because of their flying and fighting abilities.

She pet Olive on the head and said, “I like her too. She seems sweet.”

Altan, seeing Olive, perked up slightly and nuzzled her back.

Isadora giggled. “I see Altan likes her as well. But oh, no, don’t strain yourself okay?” She added, addressing her own dragon. Even though he had lifted his head up at the sight of Olive, he didn’t move his legs at all. “You’re still hurt from this morning.”

It was true, seeing as his foreleg wound had not yet been treated. Isadora simply hadn’t had the time, what with all the fighting she and her men had engaged in earlier.

She looked pleadingly at Melissa. “I don’t have any healing supplies with me at all. All my provisions are back at my camp, and god knows when it’ll be safe to return without the threat of my enemies breathing down my neck. Can you help me? I don’t want Altan’s would to get infected.”
Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote        
Olive seemed surprised from the reactions of the other human and dragon, but was far from displeased, making a loud sound of satisfaction that likely shook Melissa's body from being startled. "Not so loud, you'll wake up the baby birds, Olive." She giggled, smiling, but soon frowned upon the realization of Isadora's later sentiment.

It was true, Altan did seem to have some injuries. It would definitely be no good for the poor fellow to be infected. Melissa wasn't used to these types of situations, but she wanted to help- and she only knew limited bits of medicinal herbs because of her 'mother'. Taking a deep breath, it took only a moment for her to stare directly at Isadora.

"I'll help you, but you must promise that what you see today will never reach the ears of others. I can vouch for you to the village, but only you. Humans are said to be feared aside from me because I've been here since infancy. To them, you are a danger, but they'll listen if I say you're a friend and in need. It's in their nature to help others. But you must not tell others of this encounter...It will endanger the village greatly, understood?"