Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Siyue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:42 am Reply with quote        
(This is a private RP between x_lilmissNINJA_x and myself, please don't post! Happy)

Janorah sat in the throne room, gazing out at the night sky. Time was fickle in the land of faeries and it was almost always night in the Winter court. She stood gracefully and waved her arm, causing her long, black hair to magically braid itself. She walked to the balcony and let the night wind caress her face. It always soothed her for some reason but tonight it just made her uneasy. She couldn't put her finger on it, but her senses were telling her that something bad was coming.

Janorah suddenly felt a presence in the room and turned around quickly. She had her magic at the ready, but it was just Krios who was more friend than guard. He smirked and walked to stand beside her on the balcony.

"So, ready for your big day, highness?" he inquired.

She rolled her eyes in a very unlady-like manner. "You know I hate birthdays, Krios. I've told you so many times to just not bring it up."

Krios chuckled amiably. "And I always ignore you. You're turning 218 this Winter!" Janorah shot a glare at him. "But you don't look a day over 216, I swear!" He corrected.

Janorah sighed. "This birthday is my coming of age birthday and you know what that means." Her eyes teared up slightly at the thought of having to wed the Summer court prince. It would mean her leaving the Winter palace and living in the Summer palace for several hundred years.

"Oh, Krios, how will I survive there? It will be terrible! I'll be surrounded by those fun-loving dancing morons for such a long time!"

Krios smiled in sympathy. "I'll come visit you and then you won't be so alone!"

Before Janorah could respond, a goblin messenger waddled up to her and announced, in her mother's voice, to find her in the dressing room.

"Well, I better go see what the Winter Witch wants," Janorah growled.

---

Prince Jameson was rushing to his father's chambers when a guard strolled around a corner and they collided, armor and hats flying everywhere. Jameson apologized profusely but the guard just picked his discarded garments and bowed, leaving Jameson's mouth hanging open.

"Well that was weird, guards usually talk to me."

Shrugging, Jameson grabbed his hat and ran off to meet his father.

His father's chambers were ginormous. They took up at least a fourth of the castle and included his conference room, bathing room, office and, of course, his bedroom. Jameson still had troubles navigating them and he'd been there at least a thousand times! He could swear his father cast a spell to make the rooms magically rearrange themselves.

Finally Jameson located his father's office and he let himself inside. The office was huge, bigger than Jameson's own bedroom, and had plenty of old books and chairs all around. It felt more like a library than an office, and would be mistaken for one were it not for the big mahogany desk in the center. Across from the desk was a chair and Jameson plopped down in it, waiting for his father to address his appearance.

After what felt like forever, his father finally set the book he was reading down and smiled sadly at Jameson.

"Hello my prince. I'm sorry to have to bring you here on... rather un-enjoyable circumstances, but I have some news."

Jameson tensed and nodded to let his father know he was prepared.

"You see, in order to keep the peace between the Summer and Winter courts, a marriage must be proposed between a child of each court. You, my son, are the only one who can fulfill the role."

Jameson swallowed, not sure what to think about this news. He sat in the chair, mulling it over while his father waited patiently.

Clearing his throat, Jameson nodded confidently. "Alright, father. I will do what I must to keep the peace."

Jameson's father smiled proudly. "I know, son. The Summer court is indeed lucky to have you as their prince."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote        
test
((just decided to make another post rather than edit this one))
test

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote        
Ezer met with his sister outside their mothers quarters, looking stern. "I don't see why they feel the need to do this to you, Janorah. It's miserable. It just makes this birthday even more awful than the previous ones."

His moonlight-silver hair was short and meticulous, and his sharp features only adding to the look of distaste his face held. He and his twin sister could not be more dissimilar at times, and then at others they almost seemed to think the same. Although they often fought for no reason other than for breathing eachother's air, the thought of having his sister taken away to the Summer court disgusted and enraged him.

"What do you think the witch wants? She usually doesn't send for us at the same time." He remarked, glancing up at the large, dark doors that led to the queen's chambers. "It can't be anything good. It never is."

---

Cassandra went into her fathers chambers, easily navigating to his office by keeping her hand on one side of the hallway. She played with her hair as she walked, humming softly.

She was younger than her brother Jameson by a little over a decade, and looked up to him immensely. When she reached the office she flounced over to her father, kissing his cheek and then sitting next to her brother after holding her long blonde hair out of the way.

"Jameson, why do you look like you've just been slapped in the face by a brick?" She asked, glancing up at him curiously. "Is there something going on that I haven't been told of yet?"

She looked over at her father, her expression one of expectant impatience. She hated not knowing what was going on. It wasn't that she was nosy or rude, but she hated being treated like a child.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote        
Janorah smiled at her brother. "You know Mother doesn't care much for how we feel. Several hundred years is nothing to her, as long as she doesn't have to deal with the Summer court. Though, to me..." She sighed, her hair falling forward to cover her face. Emotion was rarely seen in the Winter court and even though she trusted her brother, she didn't want to show weakness at this time. She had to be the strong Winter princess, for her court.

"Yes, knowing Mother, it'll will certainly inconvenience us." Glaring at the door, Janorah steeled herself for what was about to come. Their mother always had something up her sleeve and unless you were called for directly, it was best to just avoid her.

"Well, let's get this over with."

---

Jameson's spirit was instantly lifted when his sister entered the room. Her presence always managed to calm him and though he was extremely perturbed about this new found information, he still felt happier now that she was here. Although, now they must break the news to her...

"Listen, Cass. We're going to be having a guest here from the Winter court for awhile. It's the princess and... " he took a deep breath, "I am to marry her."

Jameson knew his father might not want him telling her all of this, but his father still babied her. And while sometimes being spoiled was alright, in this situation she deserved to be treated like the faerie princess she is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote        
He took a deep breath and nodded, pushing open the door to their mothers chambers. Before they went in he gave his sisters hand a reassuring squeeze, letting go and entering before her to walk down the long hallway to the queen's office.

Ezer would never admit it but not only did he think his mother was a pest, but he was terrified of her. Every moment in her presence left him drained. He stayed strong for Janorah, however, who he knew was probably just as scared. He hid his trembling and the fear in his eyes quite well, maintaining his stoic expression even when their mothers cold gaze slid over them.

---

She scrunched up her face at the news, frowning. "But she's so mean."Cassandra commented. "At one of the meetings of the courts years ago she tied my hair to the table!" Remembering that still stung, Cassie was very proud of her hair. She crossed her arms, frowning.

"If it's for the good of the Summer court I will tolerate it but I don't have to like her." She replied, looking over at their father and then headbutting her brothers arm lightly. "Right?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote        
Janorah felt the tiniest bit of confidence since her brother was there, but it still made her bones feel weak whenever she had to interact with her mother. The woman was terrifying! She spared a quick glance at Ezer and admired him for his will to act like he was not scared in front of her. It made Janorah wonder how they both were born from the witch that stood there, staring at them with her icy gaze.

"You called for us, mother?" Janorah asked while curtsying. Her eyes stayed plastered to her mother's shoes and she hoped that this meeting would be over soon.

---

Jameson smiled at his sister's frustration. He remembered that meeting and yet he could not remember the Winter princess very well. Did he just not pay attention to her? Perhaps he should have...

While Jameson was having an internal conversation, his father stood up to gather a letter. "James, this is an invitation to the royal Summer ball. You will extend this to the Winter princess and you will attend together, to show the Summer court that we can all get along."

Jameson, now fully out of his thoughts, nodded hesitantly. "Father, you don't seem so convinced by this."

The king nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, well, it seems to be our only option as of now, so we must put forth the effort of trying to make it work. If it doesn't... " the king cleared his throat and smiled at his two children. "Alright, off with you two! You've got a ball to see over and guests to welcome!"

Jameson frowned but nodded and took Cassandra's hand. "C'mon Cass, we'll go hide in the knight armor and scare the guests like we used to."

(I'm a bit tired right now so if I made any mistakes let me know and I'll correct them!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote        
She smiled at them, although it was strained and almost mocking. "Yes, well... as I'm sure you're aware, my children, you are both of age to... assist the courts become closer. However, as I'm sure you've guessed... Janorah is the one who will be given the task. However I have an important assignment for both of you." She stood, her figure lithe and imposing.
"We are going to be taking down the summer court from the inside out. Janorah, I am sending your brother with you. You must work together on this task. Then and only then will the Winter court hold the full contol it so deserves."

Ezer glanced over at Janorah before looking back up at their mother. "...Yes, mother..." He said firmly, although he had doubts about the plan. He would only go to protect Janorah, and that was that.

---

Cassie nodded, walking with her brother and holding onto his hand. "I guess we have to send a letter dove with the invitation, don't we?" She said softly, looking up at him. "I wonder if she will bring her brother... As I recall he was very serious and didn't want to play with us last time."

Cassandra kept pace with Jameson, skipping along beside him and conjuring an image of dancing butterflies to follow her around. Although she was young, Cassie seemed to have a knack for magic. She made of of the wooden squirrels carved into the statues along the hall chatter as they went by and she giggled softly, looking up at her brother. "What will you do, James?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote        
Gulping, Janorah glanced quickly at her brother and then back at her feet. She thought the Winter court was supposed to be shaking hands with the Summer court and calling it even for several hundred years. Janorah's hands shook with rage.

Instead of saying something, she curtsied stiffly and excused herself. She needed to find Krios and have a sparring battle with him or she would blow up.

---

Jameson recalled the Winter prince. Ah, yes, he was a stoic one. Jameson would be sure to keep an eye out on him if he decided to tag along.

Looking down at his little, but talented, sister, James smiled. Only she could make being fey actually look fun.

"Well, sis, I'm gonna put a brave face on and pretend I like her. If it means the Summer court can live peacefully, it won't be too hard." Inside, Jameson had doubts. But he needed to be strong for his sister, so she wouldn't worry about him.

(This should pick up pretty soon, when they all meet Happy That should be pretty fun... haha)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote        
((happy birthday Siyue!))

(and yes, it should! I hope you don't mind that I push things along a bit)

Cassie took the letter that had to be sent from her brothers hand, cooing and calling over one of the messenger doves. "You were going to procrastinate. But I think it's best we get it over with. That way we can hide in the armor and not have to worry about a silly invitation."

She knew her brothers reluctance would turn to nervousness, and tied the message onto the bird so he wouldn't need to break his demeanor. She sent it off after telling it who the letter was for, looking over and taking Jameson's hand again. She smiled at him in a supporting way.

-

Ezer excused himself and followed after his sister, worried. "Janorah... I understand that we can't go through with mothers plans... But we need to fake it until we get there at least."

He kept up with her, looking towards the windows and out at the dark landscape. "Perhaps we can be the ones to bring peace, if we work at it hard enough."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote        
(Omg I am so sorry this is late, stupid classes and other drama is keeping me so busy! D<)

James scowled at his little sister but inside he was relieved. Though she was younger than him, she acted like she was the big sister at times. He was very thankful for it in this instance and gave her a warm smile.

"Thanks, sister. You know, I think as long as you are by my side, I'll be just fine."

---

Janorah looked over at her brother with a surprised glance. "Be careful no one hears you, brother. You know mother has eyes and ears everywhere." Though she knew her brother most likely made sure there were no spying eyes or ears around before talking, after her mother's 'announcement', she was scared to let out even the smallest bit of doubt.

"I know exactly what we should do."