Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote        
So, hello my pretty Midoreans!~ How are you all doing? Well, I hope. Soft Smile Anyway, I've found myself at sort of an impasse with writing lately. Or maybe that's incorrect terminology; it's more like, I've been sort of whittling away at some longer projects of mine, but not really feeling like I'm getting anywhere...just feeling a little stuck, you know?

So anyway, as a cure for these doldrums I have decided to ask for your help. It's a simple thing really, and won't take but a moment of your time. I've decided to get me out of this slump and get the creative juices flowing, so-to-speak, I should try my hand at some shorter stories again. So, what I'd like to ask of you (and if you've already taken the time to read this, I promise it's not going to be a big deal xD; ) is to suggest to me a theme and I'll write up a short story, accordingly. The theme can be an idea, an object, a place...whatever you want! You can post suggestions here, or PM them to me and I'll post the stories in this thread when they're finished.

Thanks in advanced for your help, and remember that I'm always up for suggestions!~ Weeeee

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote        
Eh, good luck with getting some nice shiny brain juice going Sly!
((sorry, I've been doing a paper on zombie for the last week and apparently it's not good for my braaaaiiinnnssss... Duh))

Seventh Sanctum has some writing generators, although a lot of the things they generate aren't that inspiring (to me, at least). But that one sounded fun, so yeah:

Quote:
The theme of this story: dark transformation. The main character: fear-ridden boatman. The major event of the story: misunderstanding.

Asterus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote        
At one point I tried to write one poem every day, which eventually turned into closing my eyes and writing about the first noun that popped into my head once I opened them. It works rather well, and you get some variety for a while, but there is a point where you start repeating or writing in circles, and either have to take a break or change your surroundings.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote        
You should use my writing contest's theme as a theme for yourself and enter xD But outside that...Um...How about writing a story using your avatar as the character? o3o

Siyue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:56 am Reply with quote        
Here's a theme for you Sly:

It's dark, cloudy, and the sky is empty of stars. There are three men, one holding a package and they're meeting in a dark alleyway.

Someone interrupts their meeting, someone they never expected to see again.

/endtheme

Hope it sparks some interest!