Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Maverik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote        
Maaaaal!

Actually, iunno if Mal will even notice, but oh well!

The purpose of this thread is to brainstorm and put together the Roleplay environment that was originally mentioned between Malverine and myself. I have absolutely no idea where we were ultimately going to end up, but I do remember the major stuff, so I figure this sort of place is the best place to jot down notes! And frankly, since I've been such a lazyball, I should start it off and put more substance to it!

Anyways...

Setting:
The world is, quite simply, a dangerous world. Though bountiful in its resources, the many denizens of the world must share these resources with each other, and not all are willing to cooperate. Tensions are high, and feuds run deep as the many races of this yet-unnamed world attempt to co-exist, and with only medieval technology and the fear-inducing power of Magic, their time together will only get worse before it gets better.

To put simply, the world they live in is an untamed world, where the many races each stake their own claims on small parts of the world. Whether their cities and civilizations are built against the bountiful coasts, or around powerful founts of magic, surrounded by sacred woods or deep within the rich mountains, the races of this world all seek to tame the land in their one way.

The time of trust between the many races have long since passed; the peace of ages old have been replaced by hatred and conflict. There are few alliances, and those are merely alliances of convenience or necessity, rather than goodwill. Though races have not yet escalated to open war, there has been no shortage tension, and hatemongering is a common sight in nearly all capital cities.

It is unfortunate, but in this beautiful world, filled with rich resources and natural wonder, conflict still seems inevitable.

<reserved!>

<More reservations!>

<Dun dun duuu(reserved)uuunn>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote        
I... think that's enough reserved posts. o-o

I wonder if we'll keep this as a small personal roleplay, or extend it to more people. I like setting building, but the last time a super-big roleplay was hosted, I posted once, then left it alone. ;-;

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:24 pm Reply with quote        
Dude, you think I'm not gonna see this? The Theater's my main stomping ground, silly.

(also, there's no 'i' in my name...just Malverne. hehehe)

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote        
This is my first character, and my main one. I've got a villian in the works too, so he'll be coming up eventually.

Name: Peg Tharsen

Appearance: Peg is a tall woman, often looking down on men. She is well built and muscled from years of labor and training. Her skin is tanned from the sun, and her hair is a dirty blonde, tied into a low ponytail that reaches her shoulder blades, and Peg has incredibly light blue eyes. She wears the normal patchwork armor/travel clothing that a mage-hunter wears. There are a few pieces of armor, varying between plate, leather, and chainmail. On Peg’s right arm, she wears a steel gauntlet, an elbow guard, and a pauldron, and wears chain mail on the bits in between. Peg wears a leather chestpiece underneath a dirty, dark brown coat, and plain traveling pants with knee-high leather boots, and steel knee guards. On the inside of her coat, Peg carries a few flintlock pistols, magically enhanced for power and durability, as well as some of the other…interesting weapons she has access to as a certified mage-hunter. One of these weapons is affixed to her left hand, and is hidden by the long strip of linen wrapped around her entire forearm. Peg wears a cloak, once a forest green, but now so dirty and patched that it’s impossible to see the original color. On Peg’s back is a long, unusually wide claymore, the scabbard of which is quite plain, made of leather and metal. The hilt is plain, although the leather wrapped around the hilt is inscribed with small runes.

The most eye-catching thing about Peg’s appearance is not her patchwork clothes, or the large sword on her back, or even the weird implement that’s mostly hidden on her left hand. As a young woman, Peg lost her right ear to an uncomfortably close sword strike, so the right side of her head is somewhat heavily scarred, with an irregular hairline. The scars extend down her cheekbone and jaw a few inches, but mostly are contained in the general ear area.

Personality: Peg has an old soul. She’s seen some shit, and is only a magehunter out of necessity. She keeps herself distanced from emotional connections, or personal connections of any kind. Peg just doesn’t think that, at this point, any relationship would be upheld with any regularity. She doesn’t stay in one place long enough to make a friend or lover, and doesn’t return places with any predictability, so maintaining would be a problem. Any travelling companion could be put in danger, as magehunting is incredibly dangerous. As such, Peg’s gotten used to being alone. She isn’t loquacious, not having people to talk to, but does have a tendency to mutter to herself. Peg is stoic, used to having the impossible thrown at her, and is practiced at quelling panic within herself. Peg is strong, intrapersonally, but fails miserably and interpersonal activities. She ain’t a people person. She’s somewhat distrustful, as her job demands her to suspect everyone. Peg has honor, though. Even though magehunting is a dirty job that has a lot of morally gray areas, it’s known to be honorable as a whole. She fears becoming scum, or forgotten, and intends to claim her place once more.

History: Peg came from a family of farmers, with one older sister and one younger brother. She grew up near a small town, and it was pretty average. As a girl, Peg was more carefree, but still quieter than others. She helped her parents on the farm, becoming strong physically, and she taught herself to read and broke into the church, mayor’s house, and school to read books in the dead of night. Peg was incredibly smart for her background, but she bought into the propaganda about mages. Extreme distrust and fear. She met her first elf when she was ten, and spent most of the time in the corner of the room, glaring softly. Peg’s family was respected, her father known for keeping his word and his honesty. They were integral parts of the community, and good people in general.

When Peg was fifteen, her life came tumbling down around her ears. Magehunters came after her family. In the initial assault, Peg was struck down, and when she woke up, her father and older sister were gone. Apparently, unbeknownst to the rest of them, Peg’s father and sister were mages. The magehunters had captured her sister, but killed her father and taken his body, and a good portion of their land had been destroyed.
After this, Peg and the remains of her family moved. They were forced to move to the city, to be under watch by the Inquisitors. They saw Peg’s potential to be a magehunter, and took her from her family and basically threatened her family to force her to become one. It took four years for her to learn the basics and for the implants on her left arm to heal. Then, she was tossed out into the world and left to flounder.

Peg was quite good at her job. Her first successful hunt ended in the collar of a young mage, still learning. Her fourth was a powerful enchanter, an ex-warrior, and it was from this man that Peg got her sword and her scar. Fast-forward six years, and Peg is searching for a mage in a town in the middle of nowhere, and it is this particular necromancer who will make her throw away all her rules and push her to the edge of desperation.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote        
I got bored. Made a bad guy. There are more in my head.

Name: Jamie McAvoy

Appearance: Jamie is a scrawny young man, slightly shorter than most his age, and quite a bit skinnier. Don’t let his lack of weight and breadth fool you though; Jamie has quite a bit of wiry strength. Looking at him, you might think that the Inquisition sucked all the color from him: Jamie has glowingly pale skin with snowy white hair. His lips are pale, and his skin seems almost translucent, what with the blue veins crisscrossing just underneath the surface. Jamie’s eyes are ice blue and piercing, and glow when he’s casting magic. Jamie wears the long, black, high collared coat of the Inquisition, trimmed with silver and adorned with the crest on the back and the left shoulder, as well as belted around his chest to prevent shifting. Jamie has a black belt around his hips that holds his round, wooden shield and his heavy flail. Underneath the coat, Jamie wears a simple white linen shirt, very well worn travelling pants, and knee-high leather boots that have seen many many miles. Jamie wears metal knee- and elbow-guards, and fingerless black gloves that reach his elbow (his coat sleeves fit inside the gloves. Underneath the coat and shirt, Jamie’s body is covered in the scars of his upbringings. To list all the scars would take too long, but know that there are just about as many types of scars as you could think of. While casting magic, Jamie’s eyes glow, as does the current of energy that runs through his body, making it seem as though his very bones are luminescent.

Personality: Simply put, Jamie is a sadistic, snarky, arrogant asshat. He has absolutely no qualms about hurting innocent bystanders, non-innocent bystanders, innocent non-bystanders…I think you get the point. In fact, he might even enjoy it. Jamie knows that he’s the most deadly person in the room, and he feeds off the fear of other people aware of the exact same thing. He loves the look in people’s eyes when they realize that they’d greatly underestimated him, and are about to lose something very dear, be it their magic, their freedom, or their life. So yeah, he’s a power-hungry young man with a love for destruction, and no care for anyone’s struggles. That being said, Jamie is the product of a very successful brainwashing program that instilled him with incredible fear of his superiors in the Inquisition (actually, only of the Staff of the Council, as they’re the disciplinary committee but his superiors often have the power to bring that staff down on him). The scars that litter his body are only the ones he didn’t manage to heal quickly. The very last thing Jamie wants is to fail, and be sent to the Staff.

Backstory:
Jamie’s parents were two rebel mages who were captured and stricken of their magic. Jamie was born in jail, and immediately taken to be trained. His entire life, he was molded and shaped to be the perfect weapon. He was conditioned to fear the Staff, to trust the Council, to hate rogue mages, and to love hunting them and their compatriots down and killing them. The first and the last lessons took marvelously, while the others only took partially. That being said, Jamie fulfills his purpose magnificently. He’s one of the most powerful and useful Inquisitors in the history of the Inquisition, and his skill and strength (and notoriety) only grows with age. Everyone is aware that Jamie’s abilities have not finished maturing yet, and aren’t sure if they could stop him now if they tried. Jamie, like all Inquisitors, spends his free time in the Capitol, locked up inside the Inquisition’s Grounds, and is called out on particularly difficult missions that normal magehunters wouldn’t be able to handle. Depending on the job, Jamie can take charge of a group of magehunters or go it alone. Recently, he received a report that a particularly skilled magehunter had joined up with a necromancer trained by drow, and that they needed to be neutralized.

Abilities: Jamie is a mage of prodigious skill and power whose talents lie in the realms of lightning and healing (moreso the former than the latter, mostly because that’s where he’s applied his time and focus). Jamie can shoot lightning from his fingertips, summon it from clouds, create balls of it in the air, channel it through his flail…the possibilities are endless, really. Never, never engage him in the middle of a storm. Ever. He will bring the entirety of the thunderstorm’s power crashing down on your face in a single guided lightning strike. Or (and this could be worse depending on the specifics of the fight) he’ll bring it down on himself, and you will never be able to stop him. Yeah, getting hit by lightning is a power up. It’s like instant supercharged red bull. Basically, getting hit by lightning refills Jamie’s mana (which can go over 100%), and he can then delegate that energy to healing or to more attacks of either a physical or magical nature. Jamie is capable of healing himself pretty well. Mid-battle heals are done fast, and are patch jobs to keep himself up and running, while out-of-battle heals are much more slow and gradual to spread the energy out over time. Jamie is technically capable of healing others, but he doesn’t care enough to give the energy that would fix a hangnail. When he heals himself, broken bones and bruises glow as they heal, and cuts steam as they seal themselves.