Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Well, have you?
Yup, I'm rich!
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Nope, sadface..
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
I don't battle. Peace out!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pepsi is awesome!
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Pikmin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote        
I'm really curious about this, because personally I've been finding it a lot easier, but well... I'm level 33. So it's probably not the best example. But generally I can get 1k silver after not many fights at all, and they tend to be short fights at that.

And well, sometimes I sell gold when the ARIs come out, and if a lot of people find it a lot easier to make silver, it might be time to consider selling gold for more..
(Please don't let me saying that affect how you vote though lol.. I don't want people saying no just 'cos they want to buy gold from me xD)

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote        
It depends on what you're comparing now to.

If you're comparing now to, say, the week before mass deletion and all that, then you shouldn't be earning any more silver than usual.

If you're comparing now to... maybe the month before? Then probably.

I'll pull Max in here and tell him to respond. I didn't mess with silver/experience earning, so I don't know much about it.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:59 pm Reply with quote        
Well I guess I haven't been fighting loads for quite a while, I mean I only came back recently.. ish..
So maybe this is actually a bit of an old topic for you guys? I didn't think of it like that...
Bad Pikmin.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:50 pm Reply with quote        
I don't think much was said on the change. I wasn't involved with it, so I couldn't really shed some light on what was going on.

Changes to silver and experience earning will probably continue to be made... just because it's a really wonky field to mess with. It requires a lot of testing, which I don't think was done. >_< That'll probably be the next thing that I tackle as a big project, after I get another thing done.

(Yeah, I'm crazy. I've already started another project. It's not for the batsys though because I'm sick of looking at it. XD)

Pikmin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote        
You are crazy...
I know what it's like to be stuck testing things for a while, but I don't understand all the coding... Batsys... thingy...

Batsys just sounds like another word for crazy to me xD

*offers a viennese whirl*

JOLLY COOPERATION!
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote        
Batsys - BATtle SYStem
:P Cuz I'm 1337

Anyways, it was a change made within the last month(think 2-3 weeks but I have a bad sense of time sometimes)

Before the change, it was always like 20-40 XP and Silver for ANY LEVEL
So like, you beat a level 20 Invincible thing? 25XP and some chump change.

So I was approved to update the system so that rewards scaled with level and effort. The monster level to be specific. Wimpy monsters give tiny XP, big ones give you a lot. Simple enough.

I am speaking of Silver and Exp synonymous right now because they are computed the same way.

Also there was a little testing done, to make sure someone didn't get like, 1000 XP from a level 20 monster. But seeing as how this is the first time the Batsys is being messed with internally, rather than worked around, we'll probably need more testing to find a balance between too low and too high.

Hopefully this explains things...and doesn't make it more confusing...
Oh dear lord I just created this huge post q-q

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote        
I thought it was something like that, I just like the thought of it being like..

Hey, what's wrong with her?
Ignore her, she's just a bit batsys...

<< Anyways, the silver rate does seem ok at the moment, at lower levels I was losing a little money, but now I'm starting to turn a profit (when I don't get killed by a cornucopia..).. It does seem easier to me since the changes to make silver, so I was just curious.

If people did start making massive profits I'd definitely raise gold prices a little bit personally, I know that makes me sound like a bitch but if I can make 1k silver in... about 3 - 5 minutes, then it makes sense *-*

-hides anyway-

JOLLY COOPERATION!
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quote        
Well I'm not big into the shops, but the gold conversion rate is maintained by the users and what they want. So if the silver is too easy to get, then I guess they will edit their prices to reflect that. Yay economics Happy

And I'd imagine it as
"Damn, she's ugly"
"Dude, you're so batsys"

Plus, the big deal here wasn't that we all become rich, but my changes were moreso that rewards scaled with difficulty. If you guys feel it is too much or something, let us know. We can always turn it down.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote        
At my current level it seems to scale well, I'm making enough money to get supplies, with a bit on the side to save up for SHINY THINGS.

I was making a massive profit when I was level 33, which is why I asked this, wanted to see how it scaled over levels. c:
Hopefully my mage will get there someday.. So I can be all pewpew ~(o.o~)

JOLLY COOPERATION!
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote        
Well, it only scales so much, there is a maximum impose on silver. At most you can earn 100 silver in a battle, no exceptions(other than the bag of silver drop)

The reason for the level 33 thing was probably because you could destroy monsters lickity split :P

I didn't start over, I just paid and changed class to a mage, then paid to promote twice(I'm level 20). So Barbare becomes Archmage \o\

ZAP

Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote        
lol true, I enchanted a partisan of light to max damage, and most things just died in 1 - 3 hits..
I very nearly didn't start over, but I want to have super high intelligence! To compensate for my lack of it in real life :p

JOLLY COOPERATION!
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote        
Pikmin wrote:
lol true, I enchanted a partisan of light to max damage, and most things just died in 1 - 3 hits..
I very nearly didn't start over, but I want to have super high intelligence! To compensate for my lack of it in real life :p

Whoa, I didn't know you could enchant it that high O:

Also you are plenty intelligent, you're on Midorea right? :B
Totally not trying to promote here

Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote        
Quote:
Cornucopia inflicts a death blow of 3 damage...you fall lifeless to the ground.

Cornucopia... You are my kryptonite.
I think the partisan got to 19 damage, and my strength was 50, so everything was just... dying. I can only imagine the scenes of devastation left in my wake.

Iunno, people tell me I'm smart but there's a lot of "social" stuff I don't know, or geography... Or just a lot of things that I basically don't care about. So I guess I'm ignorant in a way xD
Of course you're not.... :p
TRY OUR NEW MIDOREA BRAND CHEWS TODAY, NOW IN APPLE AND BLUEBERRY FLAVOUR!

JOLLY COOPERATION!
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote        
Totally different then.

Also yeah, Cornucopia is a bitch XP
(psst, get the Scythe of Wind, same power as a partisan of light,and enchantment ability, for 200 silver less!)

Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote        
It's kinda gross to think of too, a cornucopia made of bacon.. Though I'm vegetarian, it's probably a delicious idea to the rest of you :P
Bacon... apple.... Bacon grapes.... Neutral

I don't really use weapons anymore, trying to just rely on spells c: That's why I sold them. Just need to get one more level in wisdom to use flying daggers as well... Then I'll be destroying things just like the good old days!

JOLLY COOPERATION!