Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote        
At the moment I can barely hear anything.. Impacted earwax or something, it's like having really strong earplugs in all the time, and my appointment to fix it isn't until the 14th 'cos the doctors are always crammed full of people who probably have an ache in their little toe...

My glasses broke today. Not even had them that long and they were quite expensive.. Managed to temporarily repair them with string but yeah..

Knee hurts whenever I walk.. I'm trying to exercise more and lose weight but it's really hard when it causes pain the moment I start.

But I could forget all of this... All of it, if one of my pet budgies hadn't died.
Woke up this morning and she was just there, on the bottom of the cage, struggling to do much of anything.. Other budgies were actually walking up to her, snuggling her, trying to feed her..
But by about 5pm she was gone. And I wasn't even here to say goodbye to her, I had to go out. By the time I got home, mum had already buried her, which I do really appreciate, I wouldn't have wanted her just left out..

RIP Nova, you were my favourite little Bitch Queen.
(I know that seems like a horrible thing to call her, but she was always squabbling with other budgies, but she was still so funny and cute. My family just has an odd sense of humour.)

I don't know why I'm posting this. Maybe I shouldn't. I just wanted to write it down.. Don't know why.
Might delete it after I've stared at it for a bit.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
realAniram

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote        
No, it's totally understandable. That is a really shitty series of events. :< I hope you can feel better in at least one of those aspects. The 14th isn't too far away. :[

I kind of miss the days when I would wander around in my chainmail bikini...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote        
There's nothing wrong with posting this here. No one wants you to be upset - but we also understand that sometimes you need to talk to people, or at least get it all out there.

I'm so sorry to hear that things haven't been going right for you today. I'm afraid that I can't say much, other than you're free to talk about these things in the forums, or even to me in pms. I hope that tomorrow brings something better for you. (I won't be bothered if you delete this, don't worry.)

Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks, both of you Smile

Tomorrow is unlikely to be much better.. I go to a music group on Wednesdays and I'm going to have to tell them I can't hear anything they're doing so I can't sing for them, and my glasses will probably fall apart so I wont be able to see what they're doing either.

To be honest I think they'll be fine about it all... It's annoying me more than it will them.

I'm just glad people here at least are actually nice.. One time I posted about one of my pet birds dying (we keep a lot) and someone just says back "Who cares, not like it's a dog or cat LOL"

I do like being able to talk to people who actually have some sensitivity and brains I guess.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
realAniram

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
That's pretty insensitive. I mean, you can get attached to any animal (especially if they're your pet) and they can get attached to you, so obviously it'd be hard to lose them. I personally don't like birds and am afraid of them even, but I understand that other people are the opposite of me.

I dunno, I once cried when my mom's cat ate a grasshopper I'd adopted as my new pet moments before, so maybe I'm not a good measure for normal people.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote        
No I know what you mean, you care about lives, even little ones.
I went out with my friend a while ago, and as he reversed onto his drive a butterfly was flying around it, I told him if he hit the butterfly I'd strangle him Neutral

.. Not to death.. Just 'till he got the point.
So if you're weird then I definitely am as well.

But yeah, I personally love birds, but I'd never ask anyone else to like them if they didn't want to. Just.. don't be a douche like that other person was. I mean I don't like cats but I'd never be happy if someone lost theirs..

I feel a bit better for talking about it at least, still gonna miss her so much though, she was really funny. She'd fight another budgie for the swing, then when she won, she'd jump straight off it anyway. Just.. proving her point as Queen of the Cage.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote        
Heh, I have a strong love for rats and other rodents, so I'm probably not "normal" with the animal thing either. And why is it so unbelievable for someone to get attached to their bird, anyway? It sounds like they were either an ass or a troll, to be honest.

Ah, yeah, that probably won't be much fun tomorrow. :/ I'm sorry. Maybe you can try to fit in some "you" time? When things aren't going well, that's usually the first thing to go... but I think it's probably the most important thing to do.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote        
Me time tends to be listening to music lol... Yesterday I apparently had my headphones on so loud mum could hear my music through them.. And she was upstairs.

On the upside to that I'm damn impressed my headphones could be that loud.

I might focus on drawing instead, been enjoying it a bit more lately even if I am still pretty bad at it.

I do believe they were most likely a troll, but it didn't stop me being angry.. I left that site not long after 'cos nothing was really done about it.
Trying to find a picture of Nova at the moment, though I doubt I'll post it on facebook or anything.. I don't like Facebook. A lot of the people I have on there think a "deep conversation" is a swimming pool.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote        
Oh wow. ._. Those must be some nice headphones, haha.

But drawing and listening to music is nice. I hope that works out well for you!

Oh, I don't blame you. I can't imagine anyone here saying something like that.

If you do find a picture, feel free to post it here! I'd like to see it. And yeah, Facebook is not the place to go for... anything other than mindless entertainment.

realAniram

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, I'm the same way but not as aggressive about it unless it's a moth (they're my favorite animal). I hate it when my parents squish something and then leave when it's something that's fairly easy to catch and release outside.

Maybe you could try soaking in the tub? Like, up to ears as long as you ca stand it. That helps me with plugged up ears a lot of the time, and it's easier to hear the music if you're playing any. Plus it's just good for relaxation and meditation.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote        
Looking forward to using these headphones when my ears are working again now...

Don't worry lol, I wouldn't actually strangle him..
I love moths too, I had one in my room a few nights ago and it was really pretty, black and white spots and an orange body.. Apparently it's a small magpie moth.
I do hate them being in my room but only 'cos they like to kill themselves on lightbulbs.. I hate seeing them hit the bulb and dust fall down.. So I catch them and get them out as soon as I can.

As for soaking in the tub, water tends to make it worse somehow :[ I think the wax is so bad it's getting water stuck in it or something.. So baths actually make it worse lol

I found a picture: link
Aniram, if your fear of birds extends to pictures, definitely don't click it.

She's strangely iridescent.. In some pictures she looks grey, others blue, and others still green.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote        
I have to get going now, but I wanted to say that they all look gorgeous. Which one is she here?

I'll be back later. If you're not on then, I hope you're taking care of yourself. See you around!

Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quote        
Merr, I drew an arrow on the picture, then uploaded the wrong one, changed the link now.

I'm going to try and get some sleep now, it's half past midnight here.. Don't really feel that tired but still gotta try. And I'll try to look after myself too, though I prefer looking after the birds lol..

G'night everyones, have a good day/night/alternate reality~

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote        
Ahh, I see now. That is an interesting color!

Alright, rest well! Wonderful avatar, by the way.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:10 am Reply with quote        
Today was exhausting...

I got to the band rehearsal and had to hide in the toilet 'cos I was crying, luckily the person I was with told them about what was going on and they were really nice about it at least... My eyes were just reeeeeeed.

Barely any of the band members could agree on anything to do, then when they decided and needed to talk about it, one of the guitarists just kept playing over people...

I really don't like guitar right now, my experience with guitarists is almost always bad.
Tired... Just gonna sit here and glare aimlessly.

JOLLY COOPERATION!