Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Auctions & Raffles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote        
I'm unlocking this because I'd like to get some feedback from you all. Whether you participated in the auction or not, you can fill out the following form to give me feedback and have a chance to win one of the items that didn't receive any bids. Those items are:
Carrot
Dagger
Icicle
Pumpkin
Smashed Pumpkin

I think that this auction was a success, but I'd like to see what everyone else thinks of it. With sufficient feedback, I can shape future auctions/raffles/giveaways to the needs and desires of users. Please fill out the following form to help me do so. (I consider rares to be Temple of Gold, Black Market Import, Event, Quest, and Monster Drop items.)
Code:
[b]List 5 of your most wanted rares.[/b]
[b]How hard do you think it is to get rares that you want?[/b]
[b]Between Temple of Gold, Black Market Import, Event, Quest, and Monster Drop items, what would you most like to see in auctions/raffles/giveaways?[/b]
[b]Would you participate in a future auction/raffle/giveaway?[/b]
[b]If we posted random giveaways/contests on our social networks (Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr) would you participate on those networks for a chance to win?[/b]
[b]What do you think would be the best way for us to make old rares accessible for you?[/b]

By filling out the form and posting it here, you will be entered into a raffle for each of these items. I will send them out to winners on Thursday, August 22nd, when I lock the thread.

Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote        
List 5 of your most wanted rares.
Only 5? x'D hhehe there is so many rares that i want:
1) Actias Lunaris
2)Phoenix--
3) Fallen Deity armor
4)The gifted ones
5)Faerie Dragon Archery Set
How hard do you think it is to get rares that you want?
Almost mission impossible to be quite honest here.
Unless someone comes back and actions/ admins or mods hold raffles or auctions most user only want to trade things for older items, no silver. And speaking only from a relatively new persons view that means disaster for us because we (as in new people) only have resent items. Not anything that they would trade for.

Between Temple of Gold, Black Market Import, Event, Quest, and Monster Drop items, what would you most like to see in auctions/raffles/giveaways? Temple of Gold

Would you participate in a future auction/raffle/giveaway?
I would do it in a heartbeat. Any chance i'll get for those older item i'll take it!

If we posted random giveaways/contests on our social networks (Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr) would you participate on those networks for a chance to win?
I don't check those as often as i would want to.....so no. I would much rather have it happen here in Midorea. Plus i don't even have a Twitter or Tumblr :/

Anyway....i think the auction was a success too Bouncy Heart . Thank you for holding it. I do personally believe that if you hadn't done it i wouldn't have had much of a chance to get at these items at all :/ .
So even though i didn't get that actias lunaris like i originally planned x'D...i did get most of the other items i was hoping for which make me happy! so thanks a bunches.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote        
I guess I should've added this into the original survey, but what do you think the best method would be for us putting old items back in circulation?

Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote        
List 5 of your most wanted rares. Choosing just 5 is hard, but... The garden, phoenix, girasonne tome, candied bag, and felinus messenger bag I guess?
How hard do you think it is to get rares that you want? It can be fairly hard, depending on your style of earning silver and such...But at least it's not too hard to save up, comparatively. I think it's a bit harder to find sellers at times, though, because some sellers aren't all that active at times and other times some people just don't have the items to sell, so...
Between Temple of Gold, Black Market Import, Event, Quest, and Monster Drop items, what would you most like to see in auctions/raffles/giveaways? I'd probably say temple of gold items are the most likely I'd choose, but all items are interesting and would be nice to see I suppose.
Would you participate in a future auction/raffle/giveaway? Of course!
If we posted random giveaways/contests on our social networks (Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr) would you participate on those networks for a chance to win? Yes I would. After all, contests are never boring, right?
What do you think would be the best way for us to make old rares accessible for you? I want to say giveaways, but that'd feel unfair...So maybe auctions or raffles are the best method? As for where you do it, on site is likely the best, or doing a mixture of on site and on social networking...

Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote        
Pikmin wrote:
Only thing I can think of is kinda a monthly auction / raffle for a random older ARI/BMI etc...

The auction will be a good silver sink seeing as some people have crazy amounts, whereas the raffle will give newer members a chance to get something pretty.

Maybe limit the tickets to 5 - 10 per person so people with masses of silver can't swoop in and make a ticket fort.
What is it with me and forts...

pikmin wrote this in one of the event threads and it seemed like the most reasonable thing for me. Though maybe do it in a GRAN SCALE, so that lots of copies of these items are back in circulation and available for newer members ( i mean the raffle, and maybe limit the item gain for a user to 1 item or something so that not only one person gets like 5 old items and he/she is an older person herself)
and if there's any leftover items that didn't/couldn't go to anyone
hold another raffle where everyone has equal chance at getting them again and like that?
The contest do a really good job as well. But maybe have more places then just 1st, 2nd and 3rd
maybe 4th, 5th and 6th as well?? since i've seen a lot of people have entered some of the recent contest.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote        
I like the idea of a regular raffle and having a limit on both entries and item gain. It definitely would help get things to the public, but making it on a specified basis will help keep from things being too flaky and erratic. A schedule might help with that. Though with raffles, it's not really as if one person wins over another, but just a certain number of people win.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote        
I actually am planning something that will begin on September 1st, so hopefully you all will like that. It won't be another auction, and you won't need silver at all to participate. (But, I may do other auctions in the future, or continue to sell items out of my shop.)

All of these items came from my mule accounts. It's unlikely that I'll get many items outside of there, but I may consider it. I just wanted to make that clear. I don't want to make a lot of items with the admin powers, and I don't want people thinking that we do something like that light-heartedly. We only make items with the admin powers for events and official contests - and otherwise, with Cat's permission.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote        
Sounds understandable, but it's nice you're trying to give to the community using your own abilities outside the administrative power, don't you think? It's sort of like you're doing charity work for the government...Of midorea! Happy Very commendable, using your own load like that, Chu-chan (sorry, I just think that sounds adorable and had to call you that) <3

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote        
xD I don't see it as charity work. Rather, a responsibility that I've neglected for far too long. It's not that I wanted to sit on these items. Honestly, it was just a pain to go through the inventories of my mules, haha.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote        
List 5 of your most wanted rares. Forbidden Elixir of the Fire Dragons, The Cursed Ones, Chiptera Stigma, Goody Bag, and Phoenix Sword.
How hard do you think it is to get rares that you want? Impossible
Between Temple of Gold, Black Market Import, Event, Quest, and Monster Drop items, what would you most like to see in auctions/raffles/giveaways? All, I guess. The items are cool across the board for all the categories.
Would you participate in a future auction/raffle/giveaway? Yes
If we posted random giveaways/contests on our social networks (Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr) would you participate on those networks for a chance to win? I'm a closet nerd, so probably not. Don't want Facebook friends to know about my internet life.
What do you think would be the best way for us to make old rares accessible for you? Maybe make mimics of rare items on accounts that haven't been logged into in 5 years? That would be assuming you have access to people's inventories though. I do enjoy the rarity of the items. Those who have been on the site for longer should have the cooler items. I think you did the auction well; give away just a couple older items.
Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote        
i like how you call it admin powers Big Grin . Though i do understand! if not the specific/harfulness of putting "new" old items into the economy since i am not really sure how much relatively new members this site gets as the months past.
With all i guess we'll have to do it with diligence and planning. And see how the others think of it.
Though i do agree with June's view.
i can't wait to what you have plan for september! and am sorta curious.
And i hope i'll have more silver the next time you decide to hold an auction x'd
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
List 5 of your most wanted rares.

Gala of the Eloquial Dove
Phoenix Attire
Laiga Set
Fallen Deity Weapons
True Form of the Deities

How hard do you think it is to get rares that you want?

Probably never gonna happen. I've not seen most of them for sale like.. ever, and on the rare occasion one is, well, you saw the bids yourself xD I also hate the fact that I myself am not helping newer members by keeping my items as trade only in an attempt to get what I want... I may do an auction myself sometime.

Between Temple of Gold, Black Market Import, Event, Quest, and Monster Drop items, what would you most like to see in auctions/raffles/giveaways?

If I had to choose, it'd be ARIs... But I think it would be nice to have them all.

Would you participate in a future auction/raffle/giveaway?

Definitely, it's kinda fun.. Though also a little stressful when you lose by only a little bit :p

If we posted random giveaways/contests on our social networks (Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr) would you participate on those networks for a chance to win?

Maybe... Honestly, I personally don't like social networks at all and I rarely use them (not even sure how to use Twitter), but if it was for something I really wanted I'd try.

What do you think would be the best way for us to make old rares accessible for you?

Well... See the green text above xD As Scarlet quoted earlier, I would love the possibility of an auction and a raffle, the auction being for the rich sods, while the raffle means everyone has a chance. You could even make certain raffles limited to only newer members.... (though maybe that would annoy older members? Maybe make a raffle for newer AND older members.. Thorny issue!).
Monthly or bi-monthly seems reasonable, I want more people to get the items, but at the same time if they become TOO common it spoils the challenge a little... Does that make sense?
If you're reluctant to spawn items though it makes it a little tougher.
-stares at inactive peoples inventories and drools a little-

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Scarlet SilverFire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
Pikmin wrote:

I also hate the fact that I myself am not helping newer members by keeping my items as trade only in an attempt to get what I want... I may do an auction myself sometime.

I see this happen a lot actually!! >w<
im sorry pikmin i'm not meaning to call you out or anything. i understand why user keep practically multiple doubles of items as a chance to maybe one day trade them for the rare that they want.
But it gets into this frustrating stalemate that seems never ending!
where silver can't be used for much

by the way
your also wearing the skin i wish i had hehehehe :P /between all th rest of the nice items i wish i had too
i like your avi....it looks so good xD
Jandi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote        
List 5 of your most wanted rares. Gala of the Eloquial, Vaspafoich Panoplia, Lower Deity Weaponry Set, Lothar Armor, and Ruduo Autumnal.
How hard do you think it is to get rares that you want? Impossible. Needless to say absolutely NO ONE has sold any of those items for months, and I hardly doubt anyone will do so all of a sudden. I'm not even sure how much of those items people personally have.
Between Temple of Gold, Black Market Import, Event, Quest, and Monster Drop items, what would you most like to see in auctions/raffles/giveaways? Temple of Gold items.
Would you participate in a future auction/raffle/giveaway? Yes~
If we posted random giveaways/contests on our social networks (Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr) would you participate on those networks for a chance to win? Yup!
What do you think would be the best way for us to make old rares accessible for you? Giveaways, fun contests, random stuff really. Anything ;____;
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote        
Oh I know you're not saying anything to get at anyone in particular, I just know what it's like to really want something, though in my case it was more likely to be an mmo, and people are like "only trd 4 *RARESHINYSWORDLOLXXXX* gtfo n00b"

... That's.. not even an exaggeration.

Only real difference is that people are at least nicer here than mmo-land xD And at least people are trying to do things about it... I just feel like I should be one of them.

Also this is kinda why I want auctions as well as raffles... People may hoard silver but this auction must have drained a LOT of it away xD

-hides skin... somehow- Embarrassed Thanks lol, I kinda have an obsession with icey things, and green, and white...

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next