Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote        
Hello, Midoreans! We have been busy revising and testing various parts of the battle system for you, and now it’s live! Here’s a review of what we’ve done:
  • All monsters have been completely re-made. The most notable changes are:
    • HP has been balanced.
    • Stats have been totally re-done. Monsters will hit and dodge more often.
    • Monsters are spread more evenly across 20 levels. We will continue adding more beyond that.
    • Some monsters will use magic attacks more often than physical attacks.
  • The classes have been changed.
    • No classes have been removed, but some have been added.
    • All classes have an equal number of promotions. Read this guide to learn more.
    • Magic users specifically have received some attention, so they are now playable.
  • We have started a renovation project on battle items.
    • Spells not only deal more damage – they have more duration too!
    • Weapons have been analyzed, re-worked, and tested to be more efficient in battles.
    • Mana potions and health potions are much more useful in battle.
  • We've updated the skills, which you can read about in detail here.
    • You can use a Magic Tome to Recharge spells to restore duration.
    • You can use an Enchantment Spell to Enchant a weapon for more power.
    • Repair Hammers have been updated to be more efficient.
  • Elements have been totally re-arranged. Read this thread to learn how!
  • At the top of the page, you'll now see convenient shortcuts for The Forge, Battle, an Temple.

Please remember that this is not a completed project. A lot of work went into this update, but we know that improvements still need to be made. If you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to post them here! We will continue working on the battle system as well. I hope you all have fun!

If there are any major problems with any of the new items, be prepared for another mass deletion. We would only be deleting the items that needed to be changed, and we would be offering replacements like we have been. This should not happen, though.

Finally, I would like to thank the staff members who contributed to this project. This was a massive task to take on, and I'm very proud to be part of such a hard-working team. You're all the best!

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote        
Woo. Happy Glad to see the update out! Thank you again Chu, and everyone who helped with the project.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
Looks good. I can't help giggling still over the 'bacon' element. But I like them in general. Stuff is looking neatttt.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Many battle items have restrictions on them, so make sure you hover over the sword icon on top of their thumbnails to read them.

And, the edited monsters are not currently in normal zones. You will only be able to find them in event zones. After the event is over, the old monsters in normal zones will be replaced with these. Please be aware that these monsters are much tougher than the old ones, so go in to battle prepared with potions and a modest variety of weapons, just in case.

EposVox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote        
Woohoo! Good job, Chu!

Live Stream
Photography & GFX
Facebook
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote        
It wasn't only me. xP

Kimi_Delaetus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote        
Wicked sweet :3
Thanks, Chu!

I will take your breath away
...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
I'm vegetarian, I'd be a crap zombie.
Fear the wrath of the vegetarian zombie!! It will invade your vegetable gardens and turn all the cabbages into zombie vegetables! >:o
Pikmin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
I'm soooo glad Magicians are gonna be viable now - I'M ALWAYS THE MAGE.

Now I just need to find a way of making an archmage with 50 strength work xD

Thanks everyone who worked on this <3

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote        
I'm glad too. :] Magicians will continue to get some higher-leveled spells in the future, but for now, they do have some magic items available in the Weaponsmith to work with.

Lilykin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote        
I'm super stoked for updates, the battle system has needed some love for a good while. Weeeee

I am a little concerned that Repair/Recharge/Enchant has a chance to destroy the item you are using it on though... D:

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, we're currently looking into it. I suggest you use cheap items to test it out just in case, though. Just so you get a feel for what the odds are. And, don't use rares in it. xP I wouldn't risk them at all.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote        
Oh man, sounds like I can't watch TV and effortlessly click Attack over and over again anymore. D: This will take a lot of time to figure out the HP and attack strengths of the characters now, but I'm really excited about all the updates with the magic and items to repair spells! Happy

Thank you guys so much for testing and working on all of this!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote        
Hopefully monsters aren't too hard to fight. I may not have a good view of things because I've been testing for so long, but I feel like they're still pretty easy.

The event will be helpful for testing them though, so if anything is just really impossible for you, share your experiences with us. Maybe you can get advice or I can change things.

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you so much for all the work put into this update Chu, I'm so happy it's finally done and I'm excited to play around with magic users~

::Shop::
aondaliel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote        
nice now I need to get up money to get clothes and check out the new battle system